General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

story about last night..pls read

Search this Thread

Old 30-01-2007 | 07:40 PM
swiftysgti

Default story about last night..pls read

was sitting in the house last night at about 9.15pm when theres a knock at the door. i answered it and theres a scruffy looking bloke standing there..
he said " oh sorry mate but you the gaffer of the house"
i said "yeah why"
he replied " i work for the window company down the road, and i have come back to work to drop off some gear, come out to me car and someones nicked it"
i reply " aint surprised mate "
he then says " who would want to nick a k reg mondeo !"
anyway he then starts spouting on that he has rung the police but they dont come out to car theift anymore and just give him a crime number ..
"my problem is mate,i gotta get a taxi home now over to wednesfield, they quoted me £15 , but i only got £8.80 on me,any chance i could help him out and give him some cash tell he gets back in to work in the morning ?
"no chance mate dont know who you are so sod off"!!!
cheeky git or what?
anyway, i asked a few of the neighbours if anyone had knocked there door , but nobodyy had..

been thinking about it today, dont think they did a mondeo on a k plate?
most window fitters i see about have tthe sealant all over ther trousers?
and something else which is a bit scarey?

had he been watching the house? why?
well its a bit of a coinsidence that he just so happens to knock the door the night my car is not on the drive, but the wifes is?
was it just pot luck or was he gonna try something else if my wife had answered the door?????
was he a theif or rapist?? may never know now?

let me know what you all think then?
by the way i live in the quarry bank area of dudley..
Old 30-01-2007 | 07:52 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Mondeos' were on the K mate..............that much is true.

My honest opinion is he was a chancer. Thats aid, just keep an eye out for the next week or so. Keep the doors locked, keep the curtains closed during the day when you're out. Idf he wanted your car he'd not make himself known to you, he'd watch until it was there and then have a go at the car. Make sure the keys to the cars are hidden away from sight when you're in, and not on the side by the door.

Don't think you've anything to worry about mate.
Old 30-01-2007 | 07:53 PM
mick_rst
Slap Head

Something a bit fishy there m8!

If you go out at night and leave the missus alone make sure she dont open the door to anyone, and keep a fucking bat somewhere close to hand...

you can never be too sure these days!

On the other hand I think they did make a few mondeo's on a K if I rememeber correctly wasn't Martin Hadlands old green cossie powered one on a K?

Old 30-01-2007 | 07:57 PM
Jimboxr4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

As stated sounds like a junky chancer to me. Spun you a yarn to get a couple of quid out of you most likely.
Old 30-01-2007 | 07:59 PM
stezp999

My mum had someone do a very simular thing a few years ago,

They knocked the door and asked if so and so lived here, ANSWER WAS NO OF COURSE.

But i think if no1 answerd the door they wouldve broken inn.

SCARY!!!!!!
Old 30-01-2007 | 08:04 PM
swiftysgti

i dont think he was after me car, thinking more of the lines of what would he have done if the wife had answered the door?
attacked her,raped her?
you do hear about these kheads doing this sort of thing?
all the lights were on every house up our street last night, i went out and knocked a few doors?
why pick my house, 2nd house from the end?
Old 30-01-2007 | 09:57 PM
PAUL V
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Default Re: story about last night..pls read

Originally Posted by swiftysgti
was sitting in the house last night at about 9.15pm when theres a knock at the door. i answered it and theres a scruffy looking bloke standing there..
he said " oh sorry mate but you the gaffer of the house"
i said "yeah why"
he replied " i work for the window company down the road, and i have come back to work to drop off some gear, come out to me car and someones nicked it"
i reply " aint surprised mate "
he then says " who would want to nick a k reg mondeo !"
anyway he then starts spouting on that he has rung the police but they dont come out to car theift anymore and just give him a crime number ..
"my problem is mate,i gotta get a taxi home now over to wednesfield, they quoted me £15 , but i only got £8.80 on me,any chance i could help him out and give him some cash tell he gets back in to work in the morning ?
"no chance mate dont know who you are so sod off"!!!
cheeky git or what?
anyway, i asked a few of the neighbours if anyone had knocked there door , but nobodyy had..

been thinking about it today, dont think they did a mondeo on a k plate?
most window fitters i see about have tthe sealant all over ther trousers?
and something else which is a bit scarey?

had he been watching the house? why?
well its a bit of a coinsidence that he just so happens to knock the door the night my car is not on the drive, but the wifes is?
was it just pot luck or was he gonna try something else if my wife had answered the door?????
was he a theif or rapist?? may never know now?

let me know what you all think then?
by the way i live in the quarry bank area of dudley..
Tell me was he round faced about 5,8 tall receding hair and seamed quite nervous ????????
Old 30-01-2007 | 11:06 PM
4x4 ste

I run my own company in cradley heath (about 1/2 a mile from you as im sure you know) and i have people come into my showroom and try it on like that regular, once every coulpe of weeks or so. Normally my cars broke down or could you lend us some petrol money... It gets really fuckin annoying!!!!

steve
Old 30-01-2007 | 11:12 PM
b_kennedy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Happened to me before!! Guy said had no money for taxi and could he borrow some till the morning!! What do i do?????????

NOT A WORD JUST SHUT DOOR IN HIS FACE!!
Old 30-01-2007 | 11:39 PM
FastFordChris

thats an old trick, happend to a mate of mines dad, knocked ont he door saying hed been mugged or soemthing and needed some money for a cab home. ended up giving him £50 or something

worst thing is, he came back the next week to try again

happend here also a few years ago, my dad left to go to work i was in bed reading the paper, and hear a knock at the door, didnt bother goingt o answer cos i knew before i got something on and answered they'd be gone. next thing i hear banging comming from the back, go down stairs and see some fookers halfway through the back window
Old 30-01-2007 | 11:41 PM
b_kennedy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I would have kicked the **** out the bastard!!!

some people got such a cheek
Old 31-01-2007 | 12:12 AM
FastFordChris

i think seing me just in my boxers must of scared him to death, he fell back out the window and hopped the fense before i got to the door lol
Old 31-01-2007 | 01:00 AM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

dont sound right what car do you have anyway ?????????

not being funny but is it worth nicking
Old 31-01-2007 | 02:34 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

When i was sat in asda carpark waiting for my mum some scruffy bloke came over and said 'Listen mate the cash machine is out of order and i need to get the bus home, Could you spare us a couple of quid?' And when i said i only carry my card on me he said 'That's ok mate, There's a cash machine there'. Then realised what he had said and walked away.

Just bums mate, Keep something heavy behind your door to slap him across the ear with.
Old 31-01-2007 | 11:19 PM
geoffxr4

If he's got money at home to bring to u tomorrow he can just pay the cab at the other end! Job done!

Or get the cabbie to stop at a cash machine on route!
Old 01-02-2007 | 01:04 AM
jammy86

Benni Thats classic.

swiftysgti Odd mate, it does make you think.....

Only once have I (well we, me and mates) given cash out on the streets of Glasgow City center. It was a nice lady, 30ish who gave us her life story and looked like she was about to break down and cry, we noticed her kind of walking about and approaching us then walking away then coming back. Story was that she was a single mum from Edinburgh who had come through to Glasgow for a days shopping. Had bought some expensive hat from somewhere and then whilst at the train station to go back through to Edinburgh had realised that her purse was gone from her bag. Went to the police who said they couldnt do much for her. But she needed to get back through to Edinburgh to pick up her kid at like 7pm or something. Normally we let people tell their story and then tell them no and walk away, but she was in a proper state, and said she was sorry to approach us but noone else would help and she didnt know what to do. She had tried to take the hat back but as there was no recipt they could only give her store credit. She offered us the hat and stuff and said that if we gave her a number she could get back in touch, but my mate (who was the only one of us with more than a pound spare) felt it was genuine and gave her a tenner, we rustled up a few quid aswell which came to her train ticket back. The only person i've ever felt was actually genuine, though she could just have been spinning us a story, though she was from the east and if she was faking it she earned it.

A guy once said to us "Excuse me guys, now i'm not asking for like 5quid or anything, but you couldnt give me 3quid for a bottle of wine could you?" he got told to beat it.

I dont mind the ones that say "mate any chance of a quid for my bottle of wine?" they arent as bad as the arseholes that make up the classic "i need to get a bus home" story. Jakes....

JAmes.
Old 01-02-2007 | 03:18 AM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

GET A FUCKING JOB thats wot i say

i have to work for it ..

not BEG them cunts really piss me off...

as you can tell
Old 01-02-2007 | 06:34 AM
_SpeedX_

what do you expect the guy was from wednesfield - more than likely the block of flats which houses half of the citys drug dealers