General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

National Day track action......

Search this Thread

Old 17-01-2007, 10:43 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default National Day track action......

£85 looks like an absolute bargain.............. until you realise they're only running it as a half day, AND in sessions!

Works out at £85 for 3 sessions of 30 mins each, and that's as long as there are no stoppages! With the standard of driving as per previous years, how likely is that?

Who's organising this drivel?

Oh, and the novice group will be 30 min sessions, intermediate (where most end up) as 20 min sessions, and then the expert group at 30 mins again.

I understand that watching the BRSCC in the afternoon on the oval will probably be spectacular, but so many members have National Day trackday as their favourite trackday of the year, and I reckon it's an insult. From two days track action to a half day, when trackdays have never been more popular.

Shockingly poor decision IMO, and I will be voting with my feet by not attending. I'm sure that applies to a lot of people.
Old 17-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 17-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Daveyboy

PON imagining his next encounter with Phil .
Old 17-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Dingy
PassionFord Post Troll

PON - i aint even gonna take my car to national day mate its a fucking Joke...
Old 17-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Rob M666SCC
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

i was going to....

wont bother for 1/2 day though...
Old 17-01-2007, 10:52 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Davey - I still owe you a slap for squirting water all over my trousers in that stupid game, and then slapping me when I was too pissed to return the favour!

Dingy - who organises the trackday?
Old 17-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Marc LJX

Oh shite.

And there was me looking forward to a track day at Rockingham.

And whats with the 30min, 20min 30min business, thats a joke isnt it?
I bet not too many experts will bother turning out for half a days poncing around

Oh well...
Old 17-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Dingy
PassionFord Post Troll

What a load of shit LOL
Old 17-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Dingy
PassionFord Post Troll

Dave Rose and Gizmo have booked all this as far as I am aware.
Old 17-01-2007, 10:57 AM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Wont be going all the way from scotland to rockingham to see half a days track session..For me the track session is what makes nat day seeing all the big name cars going for it on the track & all the other cossies n so on..
Old 17-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Linsay
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: National Day track action......

Originally Posted by RichardPON
£85 looks like an absolute bargain.............. until you realise they're only running it as a half day, AND in sessions!

Works out at £85 for 3 sessions of 30 mins each, and that's as long as there are no stoppages! With the standard of driving as per previous years, how likely is that?

Who's organising this drivel?

Oh, and the novice group will be 30 min sessions, intermediate (where most end up) as 20 min sessions, and then the expert group at 30 mins again.

I understand that watching the BRSCC in the afternoon on the oval will probably be spectacular, but so many members have National Day trackday as their favourite trackday of the year, and I reckon it's an insult. From two days track action to a half day, when trackdays have never been more popular.

Shockingly poor decision IMO, and I will be voting with my feet by not attending. I'm sure that applies to a lot of people.
You've summed it up there
i'm disappointed with it
Old 17-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

PON, I didn't think you attended last year anyway either?

Very disappointing, as you'd think that they could run the race during the lunch hour and have a full day, or have the track action on the Saturday as well?

Why isn't it being held over two days this year, as we KNOW that they were quoted Rockingham for half the price for the weekend at Donno, so only one day would be half again? I don't understand the logic ?

The only thing I can think of is that they are reducing it down to one day to limit their liability in case people don't turn up to the new venue? However, doing it this way is obviously proving to be self-fullfilling...
Old 17-01-2007, 11:07 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

I didn't go last year Mike, but that was because I had something far more important to attend.
Old 17-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

I didn't go last year Mike, but that was because I had something far more important to attend.
I'm sure you will be sorely missed .
Old 17-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Pon, clearly you were very drunk as you nearly knocked my head off on your way out with an almighty slap

think this year it will be a bit of Pod action and hopefully Croft if both cars are still working by then
Old 17-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Dingy
PassionFord Post Troll

Mike the track aint cheaper than the full noise day at dono...

85 quid for 3 sessions in the expert group...

it was 7 sessions at dono LOL
Old 17-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Dingy
PassionFord Post Troll

Don't worry people we have a proper track day weekend at croft
Old 17-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Tim
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Bollox to that
Old 17-01-2007, 11:17 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
I'm sure you will be sorely missed .
I know - who else will be there to provide entertaining spinning action for the crowds?
Old 17-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

To me that tracktime is a big step backwards and will lose the club even more members, as a lot of people only joined so they could get on track at National Days.

So the cars which are 'noisy' have to go in Group C where the sessions for them won't start until 10am until the db level is de-restricted.

It's a joke! Insanity at it's best
Old 17-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Originally Posted by dingy
Mike the track aint cheaper than the full noise day at dono...

85 quid for 3 sessions in the expert group...

it was 7 sessions at dono LOL
Are you a spaz or something ? I meant the COST OF HIRING THE CIRCUIT from the people that own the tracks . Eg. Dono was circa £75k for the weekend and Rockingham was less than half that for the weekend. If it is now only ONE day, it will be half again for the RS club? Why only one day is what I meant, when they are already making such a huge saving?
Old 17-01-2007, 11:27 AM
RsDarren

Location: Dewsbury, The parts were they don't abduct their own children!

Gutted about the poo track session!!!

It was the trackday action at last years National Day that pushed me into doing it this year, was really looking forward to it as well!!

Big let down!!
Old 17-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I never knew that the new venue was announced. What race is in the afternoon?
Old 17-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Sketch

Default Re: National Day track action......

Looking at the pic Dingy has posted above, the way I read into the sessions is that the 3 groups will each have 1 30min session, then 1 20min session, and then a final 30min session again.

Thats my take on that - only because i cant see that they'd have novice as 30mins x 3, Inters as 20mins x 3 and experts as 30mins x 3.

Im also dissappointed at the lack of track time available - im one of those who particularly look forward to National Day track time, but im not so excited this year 7 x 20min sessions at Donington in the past, compared to 2 x 30min sessions and 1 x 20min session in 2007. Hmmmmmmmmmm
Old 17-01-2007, 11:38 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

didt go last year due to the horrendous pricing structure they were charging for track last year.

Defo will not be going this year as its getting worse
Old 17-01-2007, 11:41 AM
RsDarren

Location: Dewsbury, The parts were they don't abduct their own children!

Why has the National Day moved to Rockingham anyway?
Old 17-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Sounds like this year is going to be a big flop imo the best part of national day is the track action so to only give us half a day is very very dissapointiing

Yeah it will save the club a lot of money moving venues but how many people attending and members will it loose cause of this?

Also makes me wonder now if the extra 1hr drive will be worth it by the sounds of it it wont
Old 17-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Originally Posted by RsDarren
Cost.

It costs the RSOC £75k for a weekend at Dono, and less than half that for Rockingham, which is bigger and offers more in the package as well.
Old 17-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Redkop

Cost because of lack of members renewing.
Old 17-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Whats the BRSCC mate? That should be good!?

I'll attend regardless of track action as it's still National Day and it's hell of alot closer for me personally, plus the venue IMO is better

I wonder regardless of it being a 1 or a 2 day show if the fuckin theives will turn up again!? Seeing as it's been well publicised that the venue has changed!
Old 17-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Originally Posted by Redkop
Actually due to Dono who keep hiking the price up each year thinking they have the RSOC over a barrel .

Only a few years ago it was £45k for the weekend all in, so the fact that the costs have risen to £75k, means that one rainy weekend (and lack of people turning up) could wipe-out the RSOC's bank funds . They were getting really worried this year that they weren't going to break even, but it proved to be a good year in the end . However, if the show starts off only having to break even at £37k all in (for a weekend at Rockingham), then they stand less of a chance of making a loss, as well as having the opportunity to put a rocket up Dono's arse in the hope that they will have to reduce the cost next year. For a circuit to loose such a HUGE chunk of it's income (ND was the second highest earner of the year for Dono), will be a big wake-up call.... .
Old 17-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Actually due to Dono who keep hiking the price up each year thinking they have the RSOC over a barrel .

Only a few years ago it was £45k for the weekend all in, so the fact that the costs have risen to £75k, means that one rainy weekend (and lack of people turning up) could wipe-out the RSOC's bank funds . They were getting really worried this year that they weren't going to break even, but it proved to be a good year in the end . However, if the show starts off only having to break even at £37k all in (for a weekend at Rockingham), then they stand less of a chance of making a loss, as well as having the opportunity to put a rocket up Dono's arse in the hope that they will have to reduce the cost next year. For a circuit to loose such a HUGE chunk of it's income (ND was the second highest earner of the year for Dono), will be a big wake-up call.... .
That must mean that ND is secondly only to MOTO GP then Mike? Can't see the RSOC ND costing more than that!?
Old 17-01-2007, 12:01 PM
slowpoke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the same weekend there is a classic car show at tatton park near us, camp over and make it a proper long wekend boozing session

think im going to be doing that this year

matt
Old 17-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Redkop

Nat Day @ Rockingham isn't a 2 day show!

BTW I always thought 3rd highest earner behind Superbikes and BTCC
Old 17-01-2007, 12:09 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

the members are not renewing as the club is forcing members away by charging stupid prices at shows.

Unfortunately, I can see no real benefit of being a member of RSOC. For your money all you seem to get is a monthly (?) mag which is getting slimmer and slimmer. The shows are getting more and more expensive. The RSOC Insurance Discount scheme is a joke. The BB is not very responsive and pretty dead now.

I have been a member of the RSOC for a total of over 7 years in total and have decided not to bother, as it simply is not cost effective.
Old 17-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Originally Posted by Dan

That must mean that ND is secondly only to MOTO GP then Mike? Can't see the RSOC ND costing more than that!?
Sorry, it was third, MOTO GP first and BTCC second as per Redkop .
Old 17-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Nat Day @ Rockingham isn't a 2 day show!

BTW I always thought 3rd highest earner behind Superbikes and BTCC
It was ORIGINALLY costed to being a weekend show. As you can see, I am querying WHY it has been halved yet again to a one day show .
Old 17-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by R4N S S
Unfortunately, I can see no real benefit of being a member of RSOC. For your money all you seem to get is a monthly (?) mag which is getting slimmer and slimmer. The shows are getting more and more expensive. The RSOC Insurance Discount scheme is a joke. The BB is not very responsive and pretty dead now.
Thats why i've never joined to be honest, cannot see any real benefit to joining

Mike, forgot about the Superbikes aswell!
Old 17-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Redkop

In reality it doesn't both me as I wasn't going anyway, because I dislike Rockingham, but I still think it's a piss poor thing to do to track people and it's not even cheap @ £85. I just rang Andy and told him and he said "Fuck that, ain't trailering the car all the way there for 3 sessions, which might not even be full sessions"
Old 17-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

We will be there regardless but i did think when i read on RSBB that it was to be a 2 day show, well thats the idea i got.

But for it to be track time 1/2 day, i cant really blame people for not wanting to take part.

Quick Reply: National Day track action......