General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Scotlands Independence

Search this Thread

Old 16-01-2007, 08:06 AM
AndyBrew
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scotlands Independence

what's all this about ????

I heard on the news that 1 in 3 scots now want to be independent from England whatever that means. So if scots want to be independent does that mean that Gordon Brown will fuck off back home as well

what benefits will scotland gain by becoming independent, and why is England so fucking bothered about it??

does independence have any effect on the monarchy???
Old 16-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Everything is scotish up there, they even have the scotish bafters which was 3 films nominated for ALL the awards

Went on a college coarse in dundee and where you list your race on the registration form if had scotish at the top then English, they must class welsh and northan irish as british though as they werent listed

O and 1 of me work collegues nearly got his head blown off when he asked for a full english breakfast

Let them have the fooker back they can even put a boarder and passport control up for all i care
Old 16-01-2007, 08:38 AM
SimonT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Scotland doesnt have much to offer us apart frmo a pour diet and smackheads ya ken!

let em have it back i say!
Old 16-01-2007, 08:40 AM
AndyBrew

nowt wrong with being proud of your country, I am proud of being English but I can't see why being independent of scotland would benefit/affect me in the slightest

I am coming to the conclusion that the 1 in 3 are basically your average brainless halfwit who has the directors cut of Braveheart permanently in their DVD player

did anyone else watch "Your Country Needs You" the other night it was a quiz with England, Scotland, NI and Wales. Because of the format of the quiz it was basically England versus the rest constant booing of england even at the end when they won

I just can't understand it
Old 16-01-2007, 08:51 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Cut them loose, let them pay for their own welfare state from their own taxes and put up the borders!

England would benefit hugely if the above were to happen, but it wont, they want 'independance' and our money Cant have both
Old 16-01-2007, 08:54 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

The Uk government doesn't want them now they have run out of gas Andy lol
Old 16-01-2007, 08:57 AM
wayne thomas
Regular Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MattRS1600i
Cut them loose, let them pay for their own welfare state from their own taxes and put up the borders!

England would benefit hugely if the above were to happen, but it wont, they want 'independance' and our money Cant have both
Although all the North sea oil & gas would of course be in Scotlands territorial waters as are the refineries and the main supply from the Scandies etc. So I'm unconvinced that the balance of cash flow is a straight forward as it first appears.
Old 16-01-2007, 09:05 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by wayne thomas
Originally Posted by MattRS1600i

Although all the North sea oil & gas would of course be in Scotlands territorial waters as are the refineries and the main supply from the Scandies etc. So I'm unconvinced that the balance of cash flow is a straight forward as it first appears.
Gas fields would be a purely commercial agreement

Old 16-01-2007, 09:16 AM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Its stupied Fook sake if anyone thinks they would be bette ron their own is beyond me now! UK is a small country adn getting smaller now. IMO need to stick together to faces modern challenges etc.

Yes have own assemblys etc and agree England should have theirs (though the north east voted against having their own). And Parliment should as it is now be for the UK.

Sad state of affairs, even sadder when people can see the benefits. Bet then people cant look further than back yard....
Old 16-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Im scottish, and as much as i hate alot of English cultures/ways of life/attitudes, i hope we do NOT gain independancy...

As far as i understand it, we would need our own army, our own health service, road service etc etc... those three alone are too far away i rekon.

Silly idea on the face of it.
Old 16-01-2007, 09:31 AM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Coldo
Im scottish, and as much as i hate alot of English cultures/ways of life/attitudes, i hope we do NOT gain independancy...

As far as i understand it, we would need our own army, our own health service, road service etc etc... those three alone are too far away i rekon.

Coldo what made me laugh is, the SNP said it would bring X millions to Edinburgh because of all the Forigen politicians etc SO if thats the ONLY benefit they are fooked. tbh i know they could argue few other things but it would be soo bad and cost shit loads!!! As much as everyone likes to take the piss out of each other i still say im Welsh and British and want it to stay that way.
Old 16-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

For sure rhys, its a wild idea.

As for nationality, i consider my self Scottish, and tell people who ask that i am Scottish, I have no objection to being British however, not such a bad thing really. (Aslong as people know the difference between Scotland and England )
Old 16-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Richie Russ
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Such as ?
Old 16-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyBrew
I heard on the news that 1 in 3 scots now want to be independent from England
The other 2 of each 3 are sitting around in Englands parks drinking Super Tennants and asking for a pound.

In seriousness, it'll never happen. I'd love to know the demographics if anyones got the figures? But I remember years ago seeing the unemployment figures [and therefore people claiming benefits in relation to those paying taxes] were a fair bit higher than the rest of the UK average.

As pointed out above, the NHS is a centralised public sector service as is Defence.
Old 16-01-2007, 10:40 AM
stonehavencossie

Hi there,

Im an englishman but have lived in scotland most of my life. You say you hate some english cutlures, ways of lifes and attitudes ?

What specifically do you hate ?

Apart from some historical traditions i see no difference at all in our cultures or ways of life ?

Attitudes can be different yes but its all stupidly down to the past.