General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Insurance yawn yawn.....

Search this Thread

Old 14-01-2007, 07:45 PM
AndyBrew
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance yawn yawn.....

currently have the escos insured with elephant as I simply swapped the Evo insurance over at the time. This is not ideal as I'd like a guaranteed value policy as I have an rsoc valuation certificate for 20K and I doubt elephant would be to keen to use this valuation

now my audi a6 is being delivered on friday of next week i'll move my efelump insurance to this car leaving me needing to insure the cossie. So should i join the rsoc and go down the dom plan route or has anybody got any other suggestions?
Old 14-01-2007, 07:59 PM
RS LOZWORTH
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Andy, just looking thru the rs owners club mag, there is a company called Boncaster that are similar to dom plan, u need to be rs owners club thow tel- 01277206769
Old 14-01-2007, 08:15 PM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

To be honest mate ,very few RSOC members seem to get much of a discount from these. There's always a thread somewhere relating to poor premium quote. Try some others: for example HIC, Adrian Flux, Carole Nash to name 3: someone who will give you an agreed valuation. Make it your first question, then ask if they take modified cars. If not, bye bye.
Old 14-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Originally Posted by rs shawn
To be honest mate ,very few RSOC members seem to get much of a discount from these. There's always a thread somewhere relating to poor premium quote. Try some others: for example HIC, Adrian Flux, Carole Nash to name 3: someone who will give you an agreed valuation. Make it your first question, then ask if they take modified cars. If not, bye bye.
Actually you will find Boncaster gets some very good recommendations on RSOC bb, they have been very competitive lately, they were a £100 lower at my last renewal with HIC and I had to barter with HIC to match the price instead of changing.
Old 15-01-2007, 07:47 AM
AndyBrew

righty oh thanks for that I'll give them a shout
Old 15-01-2007, 07:52 AM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

im with elephant, but my first call will be Carole Nash at renewal time, heard nothing but good things
Old 15-01-2007, 07:58 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

have you spoken to greenlight?

they were by far the cheapest for me

and i tried boncaster/carolnash/dominion/HIC etc

pm tony off here

Trending Topics

Old 15-01-2007, 08:51 AM
The Rapid 1

You want to speak to Mike Rainbird about the Dominion and their guaranteed value payouts

Steve
Old 17-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Tony @ Greenlight
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Default Re: Insurance yawn yawn.....

Afternoon Andy,

We should be able to help and are able to offer agreed value cover, usually as a no cost option if carried out at inception/renewal.

There is an evidence process, but we do not require a formal RSOC valuation.

If you need a quote & get 5 mins pop onto www.greenlightinsurance.com/passion_ford.php or call us on 01277 263030.

Reference wise, you could speak to several of our clients to see what they think (DAMO, Mike Rainbird, Marco spring to mind and have similar requirements to you)

Kind regards

Tony

Originally Posted by AndyBrew
currently have the escos insured with elephant as I simply swapped the Evo insurance over at the time. This is not ideal as I'd like a guaranteed value policy as I have an rsoc valuation certificate for 20K and I doubt elephant would be to keen to use this valuation

now my audi a6 is being delivered on friday of next week i'll move my efelump insurance to this car leaving me needing to insure the cossie. So should i join the rsoc and go down the dom plan route or has anybody got any other suggestions?
Old 17-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Can you offer classic polisies as when I phoned last year the guy on the phone told me you couldn't do agree'd value or classic. I'm sure I've heard people on here say you guy s do though.

My policy is up for renewal in May and may look at moving if the price and cover is right
Old 17-01-2007, 01:39 PM
3drstretch
PassionFord Post Whore!!

As far as i'm aware Boncaster are the new dominion as when my renewal quote come through it had boncaster on instead of dominion.
Old 17-01-2007, 01:43 PM
AndyBrew

form filled out
Old 17-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Redkop

Originally Posted by 3drstretch
As far as i'm aware Boncaster are the new dominion as when my renewal quote come through it had boncaster on instead of dominion.
Correct
Old 17-01-2007, 03:05 PM
AndyBrew

Just an update for everyone, Carole Nash took all my details and then never bothered to get back to me

Boncaster and Greenlight are pretty much the same price wise at just over £700.00 although Boncaster require me to join the RSOC which I was thinking of doing anyway so no hassle really.
Old 17-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Redkop

Boncaster will all insure you inclusive for the 3 RSOC trackdays too, Nat Day, Croft and Coombe.
Old 17-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Redkop
Boncaster will all insure you inclusive for the 3 RSOC trackdays too, Nat Day, Croft and Coombe.
Really? That's a bit of a bargain!

Mine is up for renewal in March, jus done a greenlight quote...
Old 17-01-2007, 03:48 PM
The Rapid 1

BUT has anyone bothered to PM Mike Rainbird about Dominion (aka Boncastor now it seems) and there paying out of agreed value cover policies
Maybe thats why Tony can say HE'S a happy custommer of theres now

I may be wrong but gotta be worth a PM before you shell out nearly a grand

Steve
Old 17-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Tony @ Greenlight

Originally Posted by 3drstretch
To explain the structure..

Boncaster are the Direct Broking (& schemes arm) of Equity (formerly known as Equity Red Star @ Lloyds).

Dominion had underwritten the RSOC scheme since time began (originally via Bryan Kesek & ptnrs) and Equity purchased Dominion.

It's all a bit convaluted & to make things a bit more complicated Equity have just been purchased by an Australian Insurance group (IGI) who also own Hastings.

Anyway, im off for a lie down after that
Old 17-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Tony @ Greenlight

Hi Oranoco,

To qualify for a classic policy the vehicle would have to be a mint original vehicle without modifications.

Custom policies are similar and a half-way house between classic and everyday policies (modified retro cars), which may be what some of you went for on here.

Either way, were happy to give it a go and when your policies fall due we'll do our best for you.

Kind regards

Tony

Originally Posted by Oranoco
Can you offer classic polisies as when I phoned last year the guy on the phone told me you couldn't do agree'd value or classic. I'm sure I've heard people on here say you guy s do though.

My policy is up for renewal in May and may look at moving if the price and cover is right