General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

You just cant help some people

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TF Rallyesport
Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
So

Bottom line here is that MOST passionford users expext a 3 month warranty with second hand parts ???

Gen, question
even the 12 year olds!
and there are loads of them on here now
Old 05-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shings
To be honest if I got somet 2nd hand for my car and I put it on and it worked.

Thats fine- if it stopped working imediatly in the same way as the part I pulled off I would suspect somet else was causing the part to fail and as such it was my fault the part failed.

If it failed a week or whatever down the line- my fault for buy 2nd hand shit- should have got a brand new bit in the first place.
that makes sence.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:44 PM
j18 law
Virgin

Originally Posted by j18 law
What use is a ground crank to me when the rest of the parts are for a standard build. The issue is if I knew it needed a grind I would not have paid Ł400 for it!!!! Maybe in future I will not take a reputable persons word!!!!!
Pete"s word isnt the issue mate ,,as said he thought it was perfect , if you had it checked within a acceptable time frame there wouldnt be an issue
Again we are back to Pete telling me it was std, if he was not sure maybe he could have had it checked or even advised me he was unsure. In the link that Pete put at the top of the posting, his reply to me was that he had a std crank, I can assure you I am not trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes you can ask Stu@msd he knew when the car was ready it would be going to him. Even Brom@zoo can tell you as he has been advising me on it.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

So

Bottom line here is that MOST passionford users expext a 3 month warranty with second hand parts ???

Gen, question
even the 12 year olds!
and there are loads of them on here now
as we discussed mate,its just no longer viable,

i think its petes fault for replying to the blokes thread in the first place,we all know now that its 99% certain trouble,look at the shit its dragging up,why ruin a decent traders reputation by putting crap like this up,sort it out between your self and stop making out its like prime time fooking TV.!!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 10:46 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

So

Gen, question
I think we all know we are talking about somthing sadly lacking in the modern world here, common sense

it must be hard being a RS Trader, but if you know that the part has just been sat and not been used, and is returned to you in the condition it left in the same packing surley it's only fair that you sort a refund? I can see where you are coming from regarding stuff like whole engines though.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

What use is a ground crank to me when the rest of the parts are for a standard build. The issue is if I knew it needed a grind I would not have paid Ł400 for it!!!! Maybe in future I will not take a reputable persons word!!!!!
Pete"s word isnt the issue mate ,,as said he thought it was perfect , if you had it checked within a acceptable time frame there wouldnt be an issue
Again we are back to Pete telling me it was std, if he was not sure maybe he could have had it checked or even advised me he was unsure. In the link that Pete put at the top of the posting, his reply to me was that he had a std crank, I can assure you I am not trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes you can ask Stu@MSD he knew when the car was ready it would be going to him. Even Brom@zoo can tell you as he has been advising me on it.
why the "name dropping"?????
Old 05-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Again we are back to Pete telling me it was std, if he was not sure maybe he could have had it checked or even advised me he was unsure. In the link that Pete put at the top of the posting, his reply to me was that he had a std crank, I can assure you I am not trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes you can ask Stu@MSD he knew when the car was ready it would be going to him. Even Brom@zoo can tell you as he has been advising me on it.
I am not saying you are trying to con Pete ,,but how can anyone be shure it is the same crank etc ?? Im not saying it isnt ,,just the point that nobody can say what the truth is or isnt .
Your in a sticky situation that i am shure will be resolved

I sold a crank to 3 DOOR ARRY of here that i thought was perfect but he had it checked and it was cracked , I refunded him instantly as he told me within 1 week .
Old 05-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Still no answer to my question

DO PF USERS EXPECT A 3 MONTH WARRANTY WITH SECOND HAND PARTS ???

Gen question
Old 05-01-2007, 10:53 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you Nortnen coonts, i just put a good reply & it went missing
Old 05-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

Gen question
personally no way,3 months is a piss take,the crank could have done 10k in that time or the buyer could have even returned the faulty crank,hence our little chat paul!! he couldnt do that with me and you could he.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Gen question
personally no way,3 months is a piss take,the crank could have done 10k in that time or the buyer could have even returned the faulty crank,hence our little chat Paul!! he couldnt do that with me and you could he.
I defo now do what we talked about Tim
Old 05-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

JUST SO YOU ALL KNOW,MANY OF US TRADERS MARK EACH AND EVERY PART WITH VERY UNIQUE AND UNREQOGNISABLE MARKS TO AVOID GETTING THE WRONG PART RETURNED,IVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 8 YEARS NOW AND HAS EMBARRASED A FEW OVER THE YEARS.I KNOW IAM NOT THE ONLY ONE EITHER,SO ALL YOU CLEVER ARSE WOULD BE SCAMMERS BEWARE,WE HAVE BEEN AROUND A BIT MORE THAN MOST OF YOU.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

and my 3000th post was going to be a group A one but this thread has fooked that now!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 10:59 PM
c9sse
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

i would say no as it may not even be the same crank.not to say it is or not but some people out there may swap to get there money back.
this is aimed at the question that paul asked and nothing else.cheers darren
Old 05-01-2007, 11:00 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Gen question
might be harsh, but yes I would - If the part supplied was incorrect then I would be expecting the supplier to sort it out , but then again I don't take the piss, and fairs fair in my book, there are a lot of people out there who take advantage of a trader
Old 05-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

I dont think this bloke is trying to scam Pete at all , its just the issue of how long do you warranty parts for

I see i still havent had any answers about the 3 months warranty other than Tim
Old 05-01-2007, 11:02 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

JUST SO YOU ALL KNOW,MANY OF US TRADERS MARK EACH AND EVERY PART WITH VERY UNIQUE AND UNREQOGNISABLE MARKS TO AVOID GETTING THE WRONG PART RETURNED,IVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 8 YEARS NOW AND HAS EMBARRASED A FEW OVER THE YEARS.I KNOW IAM NOT THE ONLY ONE EITHER,SO ALL YOU CLEVER ARSE WOULD BE SCAMMERS BEWARE,WE HAVE BEEN AROUND A BIT MORE THAN MOST OF YOU.
Deffo the best way to go, should also allow you to help out genuine punters as well
Old 05-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

i always try to help the genuine blokes out,and they all know how to get hold of me.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil

Gen question
might be harsh, but yes I would - If the part supplied was incorrect then I would be expecting the supplier to sort it out , but then again I don't take the piss, and fairs fair in my book, there are a lot of people out there who take advantage of a trader
Will ,thats interesting i wonder how many others on here would expect a 3 month waranty

Thanks for your honesty
Old 05-01-2007, 11:08 PM
c9sse

TF Rallyesport
that's my point so how can you expect to get warrenty if people will try this.
plus he should of told pete he was having it inspeced by a second person and had in do within a few weeks to have any comebacks.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:08 PM
dumped
Advanced PassionFord User

If the warranty was not stated then there is a simple answer.

I have had parts off Pete years ago and all were exactly as described, unfortunatley in this incident the crank has been changed and it sounds like no warranty was stated on the part at time of sale etc.

I see Paul's point and no 3 months does seem far far too long but if not stated

Now the the crank has been machined - My feeling would be for the crank to be replaced with a true std good crank that both agree on in an agreed timescale or a refund for full amount.

Martin
Old 05-01-2007, 11:13 PM
rswoza

30 days imo is fair....

as tf rallye sport just said marking bits is a sure way of embarising someone.

i did it with a fuel pump as a bloke had an alternator off me and said it was a dud so i marked a fuel pumphe wanted as well a week later.

he argued with me till he was blue in the face saying that it was defiantly the one i had sold him which he had in his hand. i looked for the mark couldnt find it...went to his car got under neath and showed him my personal mark pmsl.

his face was a picture when i took the pump off his car there and then.

i do agree though lots of peeps buy parts and dont put them on stright away ie done it and anyone restoring a car may not put bits on 1-2 years later so where do u draw the line.

imo if a trader has a policy ie the customer must check for defecs within 7 days and faults after this period are not covered and thats made clear then your covering your ass.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:15 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Thing is Paul, If I was a guy on the street, If I bought somthing from you and it turned out to be faulty, I would obviously bring it back and tell you about it. Then 2 things happen. 1) you sort the problem, and get to keep me as a customer and the many friends I have who also have RS's. Again, I would imagine you have quite a few customers that have given you lots of repeat buisness, and some who you get to know are honest as the day is long, and you both have trust in each other then wouldn't you sort somthing for them if it turned out to be wrong a bit after a "reasonable" warranty had expired?

or 2) you tell me to do one, and trade like ATM

Now I have used you for a few bits and bobs, and always ring you or Pete first as I know that you are both reasonable traders, and happily reccomended both of you to mates. ATM however, just through the posts on here will never get a penny of my money ever, as I have seen first hand the dispicable way they handle thier customers

People don't mind problems, its how they are dealth with that makes a happy customer
Old 05-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

all my ebay sales state 7 days,if its returned i just refund as its not worth the hassle,ive just refunded a steering wheel off a 1999 car,the blokes car is a 1997 which is totally different,not my fault,his entirely but he sent it back so why argue,just refund him,resell it,and never sell to that bloke again,i dont need his money,there are 6 billion other folk in this little world to deal with.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Some good points raised in this post shame its a sour subject tho
also nice its been kept sensible
Old 05-01-2007, 11:19 PM
AndyBrew

traders I don't know how you guys cope to be honest because in my experience the world tends to be populated with arseholes. I have this week turned down a set of koni's + springs for Ł120 delivered and paid Ł475 + VAT for new because I know Ł120 sounds cheap but it could as easily be Ł120 for nothing i just don't know???

i think anybody buying 2nd hand is taking a gamble and in my example its a 1 in 4 which is 120 x 4 = Ł480 so would you put Ł100 down on a 4/1 shot at the races???

personally due to the fact I know fuck all about spanners and bolts I choose to use a tuner which I know charges a rate that makes them money but also does not rip me off

everyone needs to earn a living
Old 05-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
Thing is Paul, If I was a guy on the street, If I bought somthing from you and it turned out to be faulty, I would obviously bring it back and tell you about it. Then 2 things happen. 1) you sort the problem, and get to keep me as a customer and the many friends I have who also have RS's. Again, I would imagine you have quite a few customers that have given you lots of repeat buisness, and some who you get to know are honest as the day is long, and you both have trust in each other then wouldn't you sort somthing for them if it turned out to be wrong a bit after a "reasonable" warranty had expired?

or 2) you tell me to do one, and trade like ATM

Now I have used you for a few bits and bobs, and always ring you or Pete first as I know that you are both reasonable traders, and happily reccomended both of you to mates. ATM however, just through the posts on here will never get a penny of my money ever, as I have seen first hand the dispicable way they handle thier customers

People don't mind problems, its how they are dealth with that makes a happy customer
I look at every faulty part with serious thought and will ALWAYS try to resolve any issues to keep my customers happy no matter who they are ,

Its a tough situation to resolve somtimes but am pleased that i always seem to resolve it in a way that keeps both sides happy
Old 05-01-2007, 11:24 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Anyway, i'm now 2 hours late going to my mrs, better go and see her!! , I hope Pete does what the right thing is here (IMHO)and sorts the guy out

Thing is Paul, it's not a sour subject from what I can see, the PM seems polite enough and the relply, normally see insults flying everywhere, and j18 law seems to be sensible. ah well, night all
Old 05-01-2007, 11:25 PM
j18 law
Virgin

If I had used the part I would not expect any warranty, but as It wasnt I would have liked It to do the job intended. As Pete knows it is the same crank and packaging he sent to me. Who would keep the packaging for 3 months just so they could send it back if the part failed? The reason for this is it was only taken out when it went to be polished!!! From my user rating you can see how much I use PF, this is why I contacted Pete privately, as a trading garage myself I know what having a good reputation is worth. It was Pete who put the posting on!!!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AndyBrew
traders I don't know how you guys cope to be honest because in my experience the world tends to be populated with arseholes. I have this week turned down a set of koni's + springs for Ł120 delivered and paid Ł475 + VAT for new because I know Ł120 sounds cheap but it could as easily be Ł120 for nothing i just don't know???

i think anybody buying 2nd hand is taking a gamble and in my example its a 1 in 4 which is 120 x 4 = Ł480 so would you put Ł100 down on a 4/1 shot at the races???

personally due to the fact I know fuck all about spanners and bolts I choose to use a tuner which I know charges a rate that makes them money but also does not rip me off

after 16 years in the business and owning over 450 cosworths we inspect all parts sold as best we can,anything that seems broken worn out or scrap goes in a huge skip outside my workshop,if it has something wrong its addvertised as faulty or needing repaired,dont tar all traders with the same shitty brush please,and i know a hell of alot about nuts bolts spanners and used car parts.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Will
Dont try and tell your missus its my fault your late
Old 05-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

If I had used the part I would not expect any warranty, but as It wasnt I would have liked It to do the job intended. As Pete knows it is the same crank and packaging he sent to me. Who would keep the packaging for 3 months just so they could send it back if the part failed? The reason for this is it was only taken out when it went to be polished!!! From my user rating you can see how much I use PF, this is why I contacted Pete privately, as a trading garage myself I know what having a good reputation is worth. It was Pete who put the posting on!!!!!
I am not saying you have mate ,,I am just useing that as an example of what does happen and why you dont get a 3 month warranty with second hand goods Its just one of them cases where who knows what may or maynot have happened and how can anyone say whats right or wrong
Old 05-01-2007, 11:32 PM
topaz
1K+ Super Poster!!

A few weeks to fit and make sure it works/test is fair. I wouldnt even try to return something like a used crank 3 months after purchase, to me, thats cheeky.

If you cut corners and try to buy expensive parts used/cheap then you are putting your bollocks on the chopper, its risky but yes, rewardable when things work out well.

Maybe this is a case of a breakdown in communication, the seller should state terms possibly?
Old 05-01-2007, 11:32 PM
AndyBrew

after 16 years in the business and owning over 450 cosworths we inspect all parts sold as best we can,anything that seems broken worn out or scrap goes in a huge skip outside my workshop,if it has something wrong its addvertised as faulty or needing repaired,dont tar all traders with the same shitty brush please,and i know a hell of alot about nuts bolts spanners and used car parts.
i think you may of misinterpreted my post what I was trying to say is that you guys i.e. THE TRADERS are offering a service and trying to make a living you are selling what most of the time is a part that can be 10 years old !! you sell it like you say with best intentions and in an ideal world problems are sorted between honest people, but there are a lot of arseholes out there that makes your job a lot harder

myself personally because I know fuck all about parts etc. i choose not to take the risk of buying second hand and getting myself into a situation where I feel I have been hard done to etc.

sorry for any confusion
Old 05-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

ok,just hope nothing breaks on your 1996 escort cosworth as ford stock almost nothing new for them now!one day you may need us and our invalubale experience to keep you on the road.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

now i remember why i left here.
I will be following
Old 05-01-2007, 11:38 PM
AndyBrew

ok,just hope nothing breaks on your 1996 escort cosworth as ford stock almost nothing new for them now!one day you may need us and our invalubale experience to keep you on the road.
are you being an argumentative fook for the sake of it, i put a post on backing you guys up and then accepted that my post may of been misinterpreted so clarify further and then you still come back at me???

if this is the attitude I'm not fucking surprised people get pissed off
Old 05-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pete,RS Specialists
now i remember why i left here.
I will be following
you dont need this shit mate,you are one of the handfull of decent traders left in the country.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

are you being an argumentative fook for the sake of it, i put a post on backing you guys up and then accepted that my post may of been misinterpreted so clarify further and then you still come back at me???

if this is the attitude I'm not fucking surprised people get pissed off
not argumentetive by nature.your so true though but the amount of arseholes in this world is much higher than many would beleive,dont add yourself to the list.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

I just wonder what warranty he would have got if it was bought from E/BAY

Not from you Tim I mean anyone of the tossers on there

Quick Reply: You just cant help some people