General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

long distance relationships

Search this Thread

Old 19-12-2006, 10:47 PM
frosty
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A GIRL FROM STOKE, wots her name, bet i can tell u whether she's worth it or not........ LOL....
Old 19-12-2006, 11:12 PM
xr-stu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 20-12-2006, 05:34 AM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
that's not long distance - try china
Thats not long distance, try Australia!

My g/f and I met while I was in Oz in July 01 and spent a year going between Oz and the UK. She came over for 5 weeks at Christmas, I went to Oz for 4 weeks at Easter, then back to Oz in July 02. Have travelled numerous times now and sick of the flying so we decided to set up home for a while. Massive massive phone bills, gifts, money etc while apart but was worth it.
Old 20-12-2006, 05:40 AM
GazzaG
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NOOOOOOOOOO NEVER EVER AGAIN THE TWO FACED CHEATING BITCH
Old 20-12-2006, 06:36 AM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

give it a go..the misses was in the US while i was in jersey..but moved in with me after a year n we got married n lived happily ever after
Old 20-12-2006, 06:43 AM
starturbo
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

If you dony try it you will always wonder what if?If you try it and it doesnt work you can say you gave it your best shot.
Old 20-12-2006, 09:25 AM
tregmatt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

if you like her and she likes you go for it as long has it keeps you both
happy
Old 20-12-2006, 10:39 AM
Clare
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Didnt work out for me in the end, but I know quite a few couples that long distance did work for, never live life with "what ifs", just got for it, if it doesn´t work out at least you wont always wonder.
Old 20-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Jemma
Dan's Ass Kicker

Originally Posted by Clare
Didnt work out for me in the end, but I know quite a few couples that long distance did work for, never live life with "what ifs", just got for it, if it doesn´t work out at least you wont always wonder.

Me and my bf had a long distance relaitonship.. He lived smack bang opposite my house .. god help us if we ever split up
Old 20-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Mrs T
Super Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

if you both want it, the relationship will work out doesnt matter on the distance
Old 20-12-2006, 10:50 AM
Shakey Jake
Advanced PassionFord User

I never thought i would do a long distance relationship BUT, I am now with Cheryl (miss fiesta turbo).

She lives about 80 miles away and it is all going very very well between us.

I miss her like crazy during the week but we spend our weekends together and to be honest i think the time we spend apart strenghens what we have together.

The way i feel at the moment i would leave every thing and everyone behind here in essex for her too.

Just have to give these things a chance to work, maybe they will maybe they won't. You just don't know until you try i guess.
Old 20-12-2006, 10:54 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

My GF and me did it for a couple of years, me in Stoke GF at uni in Bangor.

No problems.

Just depends on the people not the distance.
Old 20-12-2006, 11:01 AM
lead_foot
is awesome

Originally Posted by MWF
Just depends on the people not the distance.
Very true.

I've never made it work but it was the women's fault not mine or It could of just be me being a cunt.
Old 24-10-2011, 08:01 AM
PeterRST
Don't mention ze Vor

Epic thread resurrection but I'd love to know how things worked out for the people who've posted here 5 years ago, especially XR-Stu and saff_cossie
Old 24-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

I can win the long distance thing!!! EASY

My girlfriend lives 10,600 miles away.

BEAT THAT!
Old 24-10-2011, 08:21 AM
PeterRST
Don't mention ze Vor

The only way to beat that is if your GF is in prison...
Old 24-10-2011, 09:04 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterRST
Old 24-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Mad Matt
Rally nut

Originally Posted by PeterRST
x2

I'm dating my girlfriend for 2 years (2years tomorrow in fact) and she has returned to Finland since 1 year and me to Switzerland for 8 months. So during the past 8 months we've met only 2 times (last time was in august and next time is at Christmas). Its difficult but it is ok I think. You have to be sure you wanna hold on to that person and have thrust in the person.

I have absolutely no problem with that, I am 100% straight person, won't go elsewhere because I'm 100% satisfied with what I have and I'm sure she won't go elsewhere too because she is satisfied too. And Finnish girls are very faithful, so I am not worried about this although you may say "you never know", I tell you she very shy and I know her well to know she's not the kind of girl to have 1 night stand.

Main problem is that you have no physic contact during long periods and I miss that a lot, but as I'm very busy pretty much everyday with school, it is better on the point that she's not in my mind all the time. Makes it easier to live.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 24-10-2011, 11:28 AM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Porkie
I can win the long distance thing!!! EASY

My girlfriend lives 10,600 miles away.

BEAT THAT!
Fookin ell dunno how you do it mate!! I thought the 26 mile each way to Kent to mine was bad enough!!!!!!!!!!! Think of the airmiles though !!!!
Old 24-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

everyone says think of the airmiles???

I dont get it?

You have to PAY for the flight in first place!?!?!? what I have done on flights alone for long weekends this year is reallly frightening....

but had alot of fun together!
Old 24-10-2011, 12:03 PM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Very true, plus the taxes and limitations that you can use airmiles with is sooo restricted now!! Where does she live, in Oz?
Old 24-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Sydney
Old 24-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Mad Matt
Rally nut

Btw why this is in CAR discussion ?
Old 24-10-2011, 05:55 PM
mannion
Regular Contributor

Makes no sense to me I couldn't do it, by definition to me a relationship is someone you spend time with and share things with and everything so if you are miles apart and talk on the phone once a day or whatever you aren't in a relationship!
Old 24-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Mad Matt
Rally nut

Well you don't always choose how things are mate. In my case, the situation is gonna be still complicated until September next year when I will hopefully move to the UK so it'll be closer to Finland than what it is now.

If I listen to you I should end up the relationship ? Man this is a nosense. If it was not a serious relationship I would understand but otherwise why should you break ? I found the girl I want to live with and have children with its not 1500miles that will break our story I tell you.

Of course it depends a lot on the couple but our is really strong we never had easy time with distances, travels, school and so on, and it only did 1 thing : made our relationship stronger.

Old 24-10-2011, 06:45 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

dont be so blinkered son she'll be fucking around no bother
Old 24-10-2011, 06:47 PM
PeterRST
Don't mention ze Vor

Originally Posted by Mad Matt
Btw why this is in CAR discussion ?
Because it was created well before General Discussion got split up...
Old 24-10-2011, 06:47 PM
PeterRST
Don't mention ze Vor

Originally Posted by kosman
Old 24-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Mad Matt
Rally nut

I doubt it VERY MUCH mate, she's really not the kind of bitch you see in the clubs wearing skirts and high heels, stuff like that. I'm only her second boyfriend and she only slept with 2 guys including me, and she TOLD me that.

And as she cannot lie (she tried once to annoy me on something for fun, but it was so obvious I spotted it), so honestly man, all I can say is I'm lucky to have her, and distance doesn't matter. Its only a problem for my right hand I think

And she's used to men jumping on her everytime she goes out, so its not really a problem ! She knows what she's got and she got no reason to see elsewhere and break everything because you ALWAYS discover it one time.

Last edited by Mad Matt; 24-10-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 24-10-2011, 07:16 PM
mannion
Regular Contributor

Just saying mate depends on what a relationship is in your eyes I suppose, to me it's not something you can have without seeing eachother
Old 24-10-2011, 07:34 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Originally Posted by Mad Matt
I doubt it VERY MUCH mate, she's really not the kind of bitch you see in the clubs wearing skirts and high heels, stuff like that. I'm only her second boyfriend and she only slept with 2 guys including me, and she TOLD me that.

And as she cannot lie (she tried once to annoy me on something for fun, but it was so obvious I spotted it), so honestly man, all I can say is I'm lucky to have her, and distance doesn't matter. Its only a problem for my right hand I think

And she's used to men jumping on her everytime she goes out, so its not really a problem ! She knows what she's got and she got no reason to see elsewhere and break everything because you ALWAYS discover it one time.
bless you me man,honestly she will have fucked/sucked/snogged someone else at the very least

and telling you she slept with two? times that by ten and thats what she's had while she been with you
Old 24-10-2011, 07:37 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

bless you me man,honestly she will have fucked/sucked/snogged someone else at the very least

and telling you she slept with two? times that by ten and thats what she's had while she been with you

your a funny cooont
Old 24-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Mad Matt
Rally nut

Honestly that's what you can hear everytime everywhere but trust me she is the OPPOSITE of the normal girl (probably that's why we are so well together ).

Fact that she's taking the pill removes bit the need to fuck for her (for me its another story ).

I know in most cases that kind of relationship couldn't work, but if you manage to find a girl who is 200% faithful to you and if you ARE 200% faithful too, then its really not a problem.

I cannot imagine fucking left right and then go back to your girl like nothing happened. You will feel guilty every second you spend with her, everytime you look in her eyes, and that kind of thing gets discovered. So the best is not to try !

mannion you are right, it really depends on the couple, but maybe the biggest advice I can give is forget about those bitches in skirts, surely if they are dressed like that, they want something that not only you can give her, so if you start a long distance relationship, who knows what's she's gonna do !

It took me 1 year since I met my girlfriend to ask her to start a relationship, I tell you she's not the kind of girl to fall for the first man who appears (she's so used to this ) !

Old 24-10-2011, 08:45 PM
scrubby--rs
Part of the Furniture

I done it for about 2years my girl lived 70miles from me bout 2 years ago Moved down to hers and we are still together today she gave birth to our beautiful daughter last month I couldn't be happier to be honest but it's very hard not having friends down here wasn't till about 5 months ago iv made good friends If it wasn't for my Rs turbo resto I would have gone mad with lonely ness it's not just that it's every thing where u get parts etc etc u have to be prepared that your whole life will change I don't regret it for 1 minute though
Old 24-10-2011, 08:59 PM
PeterRST
Don't mention ze Vor

@Mad Matt: Pretty much in the same boat as you, mate. It's actually a bit sad that so many people can't even imagine anymore, that there are people out there who are faithful to each other...

My GF is "only" 450 miles away (used to be even more when she lived in London for a year). I try to see the positive side. We try to travel a lot together which makes having different homes less of a problem.
Old 24-10-2011, 09:14 PM
RigPig
Advanced PassionFord User

I live in spain and the girlfriend lives in norfolk. with me working away for a month it means we get to spend about 10 days every 2 months together !!!
So far things are going great, so give it a try mate.
Old 24-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Mad Matt
Rally nut

Pete that's it mate. And when you meet again it is just so great. Its like you are seeing each other for the first time. So great I still hope that in bit less than 2 years I finish my studies and can move to her home and find a job there while she finishes her studies and then we can go somewhere and build something together

I am on MSN with my girlfriend nearly everyday for hours in the evening, and we have a webcam session every Sunday. Its like that we stay in touch. We miss each other every passing day, but cannot do anything about it. I wish things were easier

Bob, keep it up, if the girl is worth it, then I'm sure it'll work !
Old 24-10-2011, 09:23 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Porkie
Sydney
So no poppin down in the Dream machine then lol.

She must be worth it for that travelling Lee!
Old 24-10-2011, 10:32 PM
simo2k2000
PassionFord Regular

Been with mine 5 years now. Lived together for 3.5 years. 6 months ago she got a massive promotion and took a job in Germany. See each other every 3-4 weeks which is good. Once she's done a year or so over there her CV will be looking rosy and she will come back to a decent job over here
Old 24-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

had a few good long distance relationships in the past (wasnt distance that ended it).

no where near as long as porkies but at times when deployed i could easily be 6000 miles away

Although to be fair, the longest distance i regularly visited a girl was 400 miles when i lived on the south coast yet dated a girl in belfast. Flew every weekend and even some week nights.

Quick Reply: long distance relationships