General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Stupid fucking DVLA!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 10:16 AM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid fucking DVLA!

Put my number plate transfer application in about 2 weeks ago and i've just had it posted back rejected with a handwritten note saying "please submit the tear off sections for both veichle registration documents"

oh, and they attached a credit note made out to THE WRONG NAME

few reasons why this has wound me up

1) i've checked, double checked, and tripple checked, and it makes no note of needing this portion of the V5, infact as far as i can tell (its not clear as always!) it's stating that you don't need it at all

2) the fact that the V5 has been completed with new owenr details means that I DONT HAVE THE TEAROFF SECTION AS IT'S WITH THE NEW OWNER... D'UH!

3) i handed over the tearoff section for the M3 at the counter and was handed it back telling me they don't need it!

4) if there was somehitng missing, then surely the person on the counter should fuckign well tell you right there and then!

now i need tot ake ANOTHER day off work to goto the DVLA office, Q for anotehr 2 hours, then wait ANOTHER fortnight for them to even begin to process the application!

in this time i WONT receive the new logbook (or the new owner of the sierra) and i CAN'T tax the M3 (which runs out at the end of the month)

fucking DVLA numpties
Old 09-12-2006, 10:26 AM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

ive just been on their website and re-read all the guidance notes etc. theyre definately wrong!

ffs useless cnuts!
Old 09-12-2006, 12:36 PM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

You will be able to tax online from the 15th, if you keep a copy of the ref number from the V5.

This page says you need both V5's:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/Motoring/Bu...439&chk=6AkVof

Old 09-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

What do I take or send to the DVLA local office?

the completed V317 application form (minus the notes for guidance)
most recently issued V5/V5C registration documents/certificates for both vehicles
a test certificate for each vehicle that requires one (although either vehicle may not be old enough to need one, they must belong to a class of vehicle that normally requires MOT or HGV testing)
the current fee of £80
if you need vehicle tax for either vehicle at the same time, you will need to complete a V10 tax application form or the V11 tax reminder form and provide the relevant certificate of insurance or valid cover note, and appropriate rate of vehicle tax. Please ensure that you have your vehicle tax disc details (expiry date and serial number) and vehicle identification number (VIN) or chassis number to hand if you intend visiting the DVLA local office
which they have... they're now saying they need the V5C/2s for both veichles.

all they do with the V5c/2 is put a stamp on it and give it back to you as a receipt