General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Whiter than white?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whiter than white?

As the Blair era begins to wind to an end it's time to take stock

Tony Blair - "My Government will be whiter that white" - 1997.

Well for those that possess Rose Tinted glasses:

(incomplete but you get the picture)

- Blair lies to House (Hansard Nov 1997) about £1m donation from Bernie Ecclestone
- Ron Davies resigns over Badgergate on Clapham Common (Nov 98)
- Mandelson & Robinson loan row, leads to resignations (Dec 98)
- Byers accused of doctoring records during BMW/Rover crises (April 00)
- Keith Vaz in "Cash for Honours" row (April 00)
- Robinson (former Paymaster General) in £3m tax bill scandal (June 00)
- Lord Birt (former BBC D-G) in cronyism row (July 00)
- Blunkett fails to declare income as landlord (July 00)
- Calls for Blair & Brown to resign after lying to the House about the £1m donation (Sept 00)
- Blair refuses to name £2m doner (Lord Hamlyn) despite new parliamentry ruling on transparency (Jan 01)
- Mandelson resigns for second time, and Keith Vaz embroiled in the Hinduja Brothers passport affair & donations (Jan 01)
- Lord Irvine in "Funds for Jobs" row (Feb 02)
- Foot & Mouth handling critised, Army brough in too late (April 01)
- Blair's link with Hinduja brothers revealed in two leaked letters (May 01)
- Byers aide Jo Moore "burys bad news" during 9/11 (Sept 01)
- Byers and the Railtrack fiasco (Oct 01)
- Jo Moore burys bad news again, about Railtrack (Nov 01)
- Keith Vaz faces suspension after being found guilty of "serious breaches" of the code of conduct (Feb 02)
- Blair intervenes to help Indian billionaire Lakshmi Mittal to buy steel company after £125,000 donation to the Labour party "GarbageGate" (Feb 02)
- Byers admits lie over Jo Moore & Martin Sixsmith and gets pat on the back from Blair (Feb 02)
- Byers buries road toll news on the day of QM's funeral (April 02)
- Brown breaks Labour pledge not to raise income tax (April 02)
- Byers finally resigns (May 02)
- Leaks of dicussions between Blair & Black Rod emerge about Balir wanting a more prominent role in QM's funeral (June 02)
- Estelle Morris resigns after A-Levels marking fiasco
- Brown plunges UK into red as he borrows he way out of trouble (Nov 02)
- Cherie Blair embroiled in flat purchase with Carole Caplin & Peter Foster "CherieGate" (Dec 02)
- Robin Cook resigns over Iraq War (Mar 03)
- Details emerge regarding Andrew Gilligan's meeting with insider at MoD (July 03)
- Sexed Up 45 minute WMD Dossier (July 03)
- Dr. David Kelly commits suicide (July 03)
- Alastair Campbell quits over Hutton inquiry (Aug 03)
- Greg Dyke (BBC D-G) resigns over Hutton inquiry (Jan 04)
- Blair in immigration debarcle to reduce asylum figures by making a deal with Romania (April 04)
- Immigration Minister Berverly Hughes resigns over visa row (April 04)
- Claire Short resigns over Iraq War (May 03)
- Alan Milburn resigns (June 03)
- Andrew Smith resigns from Work & Pensions Secretary (Sept 04)
- Blunkett resigns of fast track visa for nanny (Dec 04)
- Byers admits lying over Railtrack (July 05)
- Brown "cheats" as he announces changes on how budget defecits are measured (July 05)
- Cherie Blair gets £100k for "charity" speaking tour (Oct 05)
- Blunkett resigns again after breaking ministerial code, job at DNA Bioscience (Nov 05)
- Election donors get peerages (Nov 05)
- Prescott apologises after paying tax bill with public money (Jan 06)
- Rover loan of £6.5m was election bribe (Feb 06)
- Detail about cash for peerages emerge in £14m donations to the Labour party (March 06)
- Patricia Hewitt & the nurses (April 06)
- Charles Clark & the failed deportations (April 06)
- Two Shags Prescott affair leaked (April 06)
- Home Office Lets Criminals go (May 06)
- CRB mistakenly brands innocent people as criminals (May 06)
- John Reid & the comedy of errors in the Home Office (May 06)
- Cherie Blair & Alastair Campbell autograph Hutton Report (May 06)
- Cash for Peerages inquiry steps up (June 06)
- Prescott fails to decalre visit to Ranch (July 06)
- Lord Levy arrested & questioned (July 06)
Old 06-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Loose Change 3 anyone?
Old 06-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Keith B
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh FFS man!

Why not list some of the good stuff he's done?! Bit like you're threads on 911 that avoid half the facts and focus on trying to prove your own point.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Keith B
Oh FFS man!

Why not list some of the good stuff he's done?! Bit like you're threads on 911 that avoid half the facts and focus on trying to prove your own point.
Why would he do that? Wouldnt be interesting then

Havent read above, i really cant be arsed and my time is to precious. Plus it has not been referenced
Old 06-10-2006, 06:10 PM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

Every Politician in every country, from local councillors all the way up to the US Presidents, LIE.
Always have done always will do.
Politics won't work without lies.
It's a fact of life live with it.

And while we're at it all Managers / Directors /Propriators of businesses LIE as well.
Business won't work without lies.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:21 PM
NUNOOKS
Part of the Furniture

fuck you done your home work, dont give a shit about politics my self there all lieing cunts
Old 06-10-2006, 07:08 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Graceland
Loose Change 3 anyone?
January

Oh FFS man!

Why not list some of the good stuff he's done?
Feel free to enlighten me.

O Bit like you're threads on 911 that avoid half the facts and focus on trying to prove your own point.
Err, the people arguing against me are the ones ignoring facts. Like the FACT that WTC7 came down in 6.5 seconds.

C'mon then people, defend the government
Old 06-10-2006, 07:10 PM
saphlover
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by focusv8
Every Politician in every country, from local councillors all the way up to the US Presidents, LIE.

And while we're at it all Managers / Directors /Propriators of businesses LIE as well.
The world revolves on Lies mate.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

GrahamS1, Bigger brother is obviously agianst you...and the who society acoridng to you. So heres my question what are you currently doing to rectify it? Or are you just going around point out "facts". Well i call them facts as they are someones opinions your basing as facts.

Skimmed some of above, and half of it so what? The others well you show me any! Partys in the world that are 100% cleaner...
Old 06-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Rhys
GrahamS1, Bigger brother is obviously agianst you...and the who society acoridng to you.
eh?

So heres my question what are you currently doing to rectify it? Or are you just going around point out "facts".
ummm.....

Skimmed some of above, and half of it so what? The others well you show me any! Partys in the world that are 100% cleaner...
Didn't say any were better. It doesn't matter who you vote in, they still have to adhere to the Treaty of Rome.

Originally Posted by saphlover
Originally Posted by focusv8

The world revolves on Lies mate.
oh.. I see, thats alright then.... carry on!
Old 06-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

And what the fook has the treaty of Rome got to do with it Fookin ell its not a dooms day treaty. pmsl

Or is this the treaty that will lead to the collapse of the Western World? Or Europe seing as its a European treaty.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

It's the treaty that send all the laws and rights of this country down the tube incase you hadn't noticed. Everyone here is moaning about the "state of this country" yet know one's prepared to do fuck all about it, or even knows why it's happening.

The Treaty of Rome has been foisted upon us in six stages over the last 30 odd years. The seventh part is the "EU Constitution".
Old 06-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Graham i have notice as i have stuidied it mate as your topic states Whiter than White, well if you want to stick to that you should not be taking one treaty and applying it to your cause and sayiing its the be all and end all of the problems. You have a VERY pesimistic approach on things.

Why not look at things in a positive things aswell Serious now and not being funny at all, as i got better things to do like drink than be having this convo agian on here. Start looking at the postive things aswell mate as its not healthy to think the world is agianst you

Oh and as you can tell im pro EU, and hoping for a job in it someday, a lot of people dont relise just how much this country depends on trade etc etc. Also how fantastic is it to go across these countries sooooo easy? Maybe you dont have freinds in France, Germany Italy etc? I do and i would hate not to be able to freely go and see them or even work overseas in EU.

Anyway going of subject so will stop now lol.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:53 PM
discodenkelly
bounce, bounce, bounce

What is it with lets bash the government at every opportunity??? Let's be honest here, its our good selves as the voting public of this democracy that has put them where they are. I'm sure there were as many if not more 'facts' that could be dug up about every government since the dawn of time.
I personally don't think that any of the other parties have much else to offer. The underlying problems with this country were put into motion a long time before Labour got back into the hot seat.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:42 PM
stewarthannah
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

labour all the way!tony blairs bin a awesome pm hence he keeps getting voted back but everyones era comes to an end because people start to pic apart everything
Old 07-10-2006, 09:17 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Graham i have notice as i have stuidied it mate as your topic states Whiter than White, well if you want to stick to that you should not be taking one treaty and applying it to your cause and sayiing its the be all and end all of the problems. You have a VERY pesimistic approach on things.
Sorry, guilty of going off topic myself there. But it is true is it not? Whoever is in power has to bring in these European laws? I'm not saying it's the root cause of all problems, just a lot of them. And funnily enough I am an optimistic person. I do beleive we can change the world if we want too.

Why not look at things in a positive things aswell Serious now and not being funny at all, as i got better things to do like drink than be having this convo agian on here.
Same here. Which is why I didn't post any more last night.

Start looking at the postive things aswell mate as its not healthy to think the world is agianst you
I don't think the world is against me. It may surprise you to know I have a good outlook on life. Ask some of the Turbosport peeps that went to the TS BBQ a few weeks back. I met one of my debating "enemies" from my 911 posts on there... and all was cool. Ended up having a good chat about music n stuff.

Oh and as you can tell im pro EU, and hoping for a job in it someday, a lot of people dont relise just how much this country depends on trade etc etc.
I will admit there are a few good things about the principle of the EU. But for the most part it is setup, so the few can benefit from the many.

Also how fantastic is it to go across these countries sooooo easy? Maybe you dont have freinds in France, Germany Italy etc?
Easy unless you get held up by the latest bullshit terror alert (TATP on planes ) and can only take a small clear plastic bag on board, and no drink. I do have a very few freinds abroad, but don't travel as much these days.

Another part of the problem being most people don't realise how truly lucky we are, just to be able to sit in front of a keyboard, in our houses, with running water and electric. We are a tiny percent of the worlds population, and many of these European laws are affecting the rest of the world, with regards to payment for crops, importing exporting taxes and laws... etc etc.

Anyway, I digress, back on topic.

So it would be fine by you if I was elected in to power, got all my mates cushy jobs, (but not your mates), recieved backhanders for political and business favours, and did whatever the fook I liked without consulting the general public?

Tory, Labour, Lib Dems or Greens, something has to change. How many votes did TB get into power again last time with?