General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

"pay as you throw" what the hell........

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 12:33 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default "pay as you throw" what the hell........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5404730.stm

Oh god
Old 04-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WTF
Old 04-10-2006, 12:42 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

good in theory but would never work, the area would be littered with fly-tippers!
Old 04-10-2006, 12:55 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sadly it will happen eventually, and on top of our rubbish we'll be getting our carbon emisions mesured and penalised.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:00 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

something has to be done though..

incinerators in the middle of no where, or get Emmet Brown to build us all a Mr Fusion device for our cars
Old 04-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Round by me if you want to dump car waste, you can NOT take it to the local council tip.

You can take something like an interior ONLY to the car salvage yards, and they dont want it, so charge you for it.

So people try and take it to the tip (bothering to do their bit) and get turned away and told to go somewhere that will charge them.

So they fly tip it instead, then it costs the council a fortune to go and collect it, and take it to the dump that ends up with all the rubbish from the council tip that refused it in the first place (cause the council wont take it to anywhere they have to pay either!)

Fucking madness, the government should subsidise rubbish collection, cause if they dont then it ends up fly tipped and costs them more but is also unsightly into the bargain!
Old 04-10-2006, 01:39 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Our local tip is policed like fort knox. There are wardens on all the skips checking what you throwing in them "That's not plastics" "Garden waste only in here" "This is the red underpants only bin sir, blue underpants in the other bin please!"

I just want to throw shit away.

Doesn't help that the tip is open only on thursdays between the hours of 6am and 8am it seems.

Plus some local council genius stopped drinking tea and scratching his balls for 5 mins and decided it would be a great idea to have the binmen collect our bins every other week instead of every week. Apparently it's to encourage us to recycle more and throw out less, and of course not to reduce costs.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Dan B
Advanced PassionFord User

If I find a bug on my bin, it'll have a brief meeting with a very powerful electromagnet...
Old 04-10-2006, 03:25 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[quote="MWF"]Our local tip is policed like fort knox. There are wardens on all the skips checking what you throwing in them "That's not plastics" "Garden waste only in here" "This is the red underpants only bin sir, blue underpants in the other bin please!"

I just want to throw shit away.

Doesn't help that the tip is open only on thursdays between the hours of 6am and 8am it seems.

Plus some local council genius stopped drinking tea and scratching his balls for 5 mins and decided it would be a great idea to have the binmen collect our bins every other week instead of every week. Apparently it's to encourage us to recycle more and throw out less, and of course not to reduce costs.[/quote

sounds like the spuds at our tip down the road

My parents took a few items to said tip last week, one of the items was a guinea pig cage, my dad was just about to throw it in and he heard "hey hang on, ill have that", cheeky bugger
Old 04-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Escy
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by MWF
Plus some local council genius stopped drinking tea and scratching his balls for 5 mins and decided it would be a great idea to have the binmen collect our bins every other week instead of every week. Apparently it's to encourage us to recycle more and throw out less, and of course not to reduce costs.
Thats good of him, he dropping your council tax to match the drop in service?
Old 04-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

aahhh, the "Bin Laden" chip.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:02 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Just use next doors by accident.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

just watched the doc on bbc1 no such crap like that here, i just use whatever bags i have and leave the rubbish out for them ( even tesco carrier bags! )

our local tips open 8am the 5.30pm ish 7 days a week, and they seem to look the other way most off the time
Old 04-10-2006, 07:45 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

our tip is open rfom 8 till 4 every day 7 days a week
they do tend to be a little strict on what we throw where but once it's over the wall they don't give you a telling off for it, they just say to get the right stuff in the right bins

http://www.ealing.gov.uk/services/en...ng_centre.html

tiss a good place to get rid of all sorts of shit, from old oil to old tellies, they even have a fridge dump there too

and, the number one reason to go there?
they have one of them big dump truck things that go about the place on big wheels that we all secretly wish we could drive for a living
Old 04-10-2006, 07:46 PM
dojj

one of these big bastards

http://www.volvo.com/constructionequ.../wheelloaders/

Old 04-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

forgot to add our council take away your scrap cars for free
Old 04-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Same shit here - collection every other week, can't use this bag, can't use that bag, recycling (which I have no problem with btw) has to go in this box for x stuff, and this bag for x stuff - madness!

Originally we got this "blue box" (a big plastic box basically) given by the council to put recycling stuff in - glass, cans, paper, etc....

Now they change their plan - glass only in the blue box (fair enough, it's heavy that glass) but paper has to go in plastic sacks, as does garden waste (green shit) - but they use flimsy bio-bags, that break if you put more than two copies of the radio times in! Green waste is fucking heavy too if you fill a sack up!

And god forbid you use the wrong bag! (clear for paper, white for garden waste) cos if you do they leave it behind!!! (jobsworths!)

Whats annoying tho is it would be so easy to sort out. Currently we have a collection every week : normal bins on one week and recycling of paper, green waste, and glass on the other.

So all you need to do is do bins AND glass on week one, and green and paper on week two - then you can use your blue box each week for different things.... EASY!

Fuckers!

Plus, our tip won't take cur shit either. I went there with two doors once and he said "can't take them, gotta go down the salvage yard" to which I replied that they were only metal (no glass or leccy bits in em) so why can't I throw em in the metal bins they had there. He said I can't cos they were car bits. So I took em home, took angle grinder to em and chopped em up into tiny bits and put em in a box. Took em back and said "here, box full of bits of metal" and he took em from me
Old 04-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Daveesaunders
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Our so called local tip is about 5 mins away, but when you turn up they ask where you live and apparantly our local tip is 15mins away. If anything we are going to dump looks like it may be any good to anyone ends up in state that it won't be by the time we dump it.

If I can't make any money off it why should someone else.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Escy
Originally Posted by MWF
Thats good of him, he dropping your council tax to match the drop in service?
If fucking only!!!

We started this shit a couple of months ago too. Bin collection one week and recycling collection the next. I was never much of a recycling fan but have been slowly converted. What does my head in though is the rules about how you leave your recycling stuff! If you leave a tin can or plastic bottle thats not perfectly clean or still has the label on they will not collect it
If they do this i just go up the road to the recycling point and leave them there
Old 04-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well you lot complain about that,,,, our local council do that ASWELL as give is cctv fines for taking no right turns on roads they now decided should be no right turn,,, parking restrictions too AND TO FUCKING TOP IT OFF I GOT A 50 QUID FINE FOR DUMPING RUBBISH ON MY DOOR STEP THAT WAS ACTUALLY PAINT TINS THAT I PLACED INTO A BLACL BAG SO THEY NEVER DRIPED PAINT ON MY CARPET,,,,,,,,, THEY TOOK A FUCKING PHOTO OF IT AND MAILED ME THE FINE,,,,, SERIOUSLY

for the 50 quid i paied they could have ATLEAST taken the rubbish away OR as they was AT MY FUCKING DOOR TAKING PICCYS KNOCK ON THE FUCKING DOOR AND AS US IF ITS RUBBISH !!!!!

so moaning about recycling aint as bad as you think is it
Old 05-10-2006, 08:01 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

I heard a story (might not be true but sounds likely) that someone threw some junk mail in their normal bin and it was fined £50 for not recycling it.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:53 PM
dojj

hered that too

they open up bin bags to find crap in there thats not supposd to be in there

all my paper now goes to my office, where it gets shredded and binned