General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Home Cinema help

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 02:10 PM
-J-
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Home Cinema help

Ive got a Philips 23PF4321 LCD TV in my room and just been looking round an Home Cinema Set ups... have a phillips Top Spec DVD Player as well.

I Know nothing about Home Cinema , Anyone on here know anything?

Can i connect up my TV to an AV Amp and speakers?

Anyone got any suggestions of what to buy?

Its only for the Bed room so Budget about £200 - £250 for the Speakers/Amp i would say.

(TV Spec - http://www.consumer.philips.com/cons...01_GB_CONSUMER)
Old 01-10-2006, 02:30 PM
codey47
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by FastKA
Its only for the Bed room so Budget about £200 - £250 for the Speakers/Amp i would say.
put an extra 50 to 70 notes on it and you could get a pretty good 5.1 speaker package and dont forget pretty good speaker wire

Originally Posted by FastKA
Can i connect up my TV to an AV Amp and speakers?
you can with this
av reciever the reason why i pick the Yamaha is because of connectivity for other items..old tape deck..phono etc and they sound very very good
http://www.richersounds.com/showprod...id=YAMA-RXV359
speakers
http://www.richersounds.com/productl...GES&sort=price
Old 01-10-2006, 03:13 PM
-J-

What out put /in put would i use to connect the TV to amp? A headphone - Phono or something? Or has it got an Audio out put?

I Know Nothin
Old 01-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

You have two choices really - get an "all-in-one" surround sound set up (active/powered sub woofer that has 6 RCA inputs, and includes 5 speakers that connect to the outputs on the active sub). You simply plug in the multi-RCA output from your DVD to the inputs on the active sub, plug in each speaker (to the sub amps outputs) and away you go. Benefits to these is they are cheap, easy and space saving.

The other option is to get an AV amp. These have a shite load of input on them, including the multichannel inputs for 5.1, along with optical and digital inputs also for 5.1 and DTS, and a host of stereo RCA inputs for CD, Tape, Phono, etc, etc. Also have inputs for video switching aswell (typically in composite and S-Video form, but the more expensive ones have component (RGB phono's) and now, HDMI aswell.....

But with that, you will also need 5 speakers and a powered sub (or a normal sub and another amp - most AV amps do not include an amp channel for subs, only a pre-out) But AV amps do have amping for 5 speakers minimum, and nowadays you can get them to power 6 or 7 speakers for 6.1 and 7.1 systems....

I myself have gone down the AV Amp route and bought an older Sony STR-DE685 AV amp, which should take all I want to input to it (DVD via digi-coax for DTS, SACD via multi-channel input for 5.1, CD via Stereo RCA, VCR via stereo RCA, freeview STB via optical, and a media player of sorts probably via optical) I won't be using the video switching as RGB Scart is of better quality than S-vid (and my AV amp doesn't support component video switching) and composite video (yellow RCA plug) is simply dire and isn't worth the price of the cable!!!!

I now have a lovely set of Mission floor standers to plug into this, along with an Eltax centre, but I still need a pair of Mission rears and a sub....

My TV tho, is currently taking car of the 5.1 soundtrack tho as it has a digital input (and onboard decoder for Dobly Surround) and has surround satellite speakers included, and a built in subwoofer VERY easy indeed
Old 01-10-2006, 05:09 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thrush- here to sort out all your AV issues
Old 01-10-2006, 05:49 PM
AndyP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im a proper techno-phobe mate, what's the advantage of having a separate amp in laymans terms?
Old 01-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

It's just that I am in the midst of sorting out all my own at the mo

Re-reading that, that might all be a bit OTT for the thread starter

So lets re-evaluate

You have a nice shiney new LCD TV, and you have a nice DVD player (tho you haven't provided me with the model number so I can't see what connectivity it has

You TV has the following;

Bizarrely tho, it has no audio out plugs on it Which is a bit of a bummer, as you will have to use the headphone out socket, which is gonna give you a not very great sound

But anyway....

As said in the first post I made, the easiest and cheapest way to do it is to buy an all in one package where you get all the speakers + sub ready to go. All you do is plug in your DVD players audio outputs (usually the 6 phono cables for the multi-channel sound (5.1) into the back of the sub, and then plug all the other speakers into the outputs on the sub.

But! This won't give you any scope for plugging anything else in. In this case, you want an AV amp.....

It then really depends on the spec of the amp and spec of the DVD player and other equipment you want to use as to how you plug it all in, but as a guide....

You plug the either 6 RCA (5.1) outputs from the DVD player to the 6 RCA inputs on the AV amp. This will now let your amp accept the 5.1 signal for surround sound. If your DVD player has a digital coaxial output (single phono plug, usually either orange or black) then you can use this to go into the AV amp INSTEAD of the 6 phono's. The AV amp will then do all the 5.1 decoding, and if both the DVD and amp support it, it will do DTS aswell. To get your TV to play through the amp (and not through it's own speakers) you need a lead with a headphone socket on one end, and a pair of phono's/RCA's (one red, one white) on the other, and plug these into one of the inputs on the amp. If you have a VCR (for example) you can take the audio outputs (pair of RCA's) from that and plug them into another input on the amp.

Then you need to connect speakers to the amp. usually you have 5 sets of binding post speaker output (or clip outputs) for your front pair, rear surrounds, and centre speaker. The sub is from a "pre-out" which is a single (mono) phono cable that needs to go into either another amp (that the sum is connected to, or to an active sub (as in a sub with it's own amplifier built in) The latter is the easiest option.

So now you have 5.1 speakers, a DVD player, a TV, and a VCR all hooked into an amp. You can connect more as you go along provided you have enough inputs.

Next thing to baffle you tho, will be : in the future do you require the ability to work with HDMI (high-def audio/video cable's - bit like scart, but 100x better : more suited to HD content (TV, DVD, PS3/Xbox, etc) and also carries sound (will do upto 8channels (7.1) of uncompressed audio). If so then bacnk on spending at least £1000 for an AV amp that can input and output HDMI (your TV has a DVI input, which means it can handle an HDMI-to-DVI converter cable for pictures, but not audio)

Getting confused? Good
Old 01-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Fast Guy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

A separate amp will let you run external speakers and so let you have better sound. If you don't have a separate amp, you're stuck to the speakers in your tv.

If you only have a small bedroom, it could be worth considering a sub/sat system. Much smaller speakers, but can still pack a good punch.

TV to AV amp is normally phono outputs fron the telly (unless it's lucky enough to have optical or digital outputs)

Edited to add, just seen part of thrush's post. Connecting through your dvd player may be a better opiton.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by AndyP
Im a proper techno-phobe mate, what's the advantage of having a separate amp in laymans terms?
Originally Posted by AndyP
The idea of having a dedicated amp is two fold;

1) is sound quality (and also power) - a dedicated amp is gonna have better sound quality than a cheaper all in one system, and secondly, it's gonna output more power per speaker (instead of say 25w per speaker on an all in one, you are gonna get about 100w per speaker from your AV amp)

and 2) connectivity. An all in one deal is only gonna allow you to connect your DVD player to it. Sometimes you can have one with an "audio input" on in, where you get a pair of RCA inputs for another source (example, the TV) but thats it.

An AV amp will typically look something like this;

Note how many inputs there are! That's gonna allow you to connect up virtually everything you are gonna want to (that unit, has 4 video inputs (each with sound) along with a multi-channel input (that unit has 2) for DVD/SACD 5.1, and 4 more stereo inputs - total of 10 inputs - thats gonna host most things!!!!)

As said aswell, newer amps are coming out with HDMI input and outputs on them to cater for the future of HD transmissions aswell.....
Old 01-10-2006, 06:24 PM
Fast Guy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

What size is your bedroom?
you might end up blowing the windows out )
Old 01-10-2006, 06:39 PM
codey47
PassionFord Regular

if ya want all the modern stuff thrush it'll bleed ya dry m8
especially now HDMI 1.2a is officially on the way

what i own already
Yamaha RXV-4600 THX Select 2 certified
Cretive X-FI Elite Pro Soundcard
MJ Acoustics Reference 200 subwoofer
shitty eltax liberty 5's

put on hold for the sake of a minter of an escos
Kef XQ-5's
KEF XQ Two C
DENON DVD-3930 DVD & SACD Player
axiom audio QS8 v2 surrounds
also waiting for HDCP compliant HDMI equipped monitor and graphics card,blue ray and hd dvd....yawn

the HDCP shit is the thing you really need to know about.

whats on the way in the home and pc(this year)

Blu Ray and HD DVD players are equipped with a new copy protection( HDCP info ) as well as two new High Definition surround formats Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD and can only passthru a HDMI V1.3 interface slated for release in september)even though 1.2a been released yet

What audio codecs will Blu-ray and HD DVD support?

Linear PCM (LPCM) - offers up to 8 channels of uncompressed audio.
Dolby Digital (DD) - format used for DVDs also known as AC3, offers 5.1-channel surround sound.
Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) - extension of DD, offers increased bitrates and 7.1-channel surround sound.
Dolby TrueHD - extension of MLP Lossless, offers lossless encoding of up to 8 channels of audio.
DTS Digital Surround - format used for DVDs, offers 5.1-channel surround sound.
DTS-HD - extension of DTS, offers increased bitrates and up to 8 channels of audio

PANASONIC DMP-BD10 Blu-Ray Disc Player =799.95 notes
Pioneer BDP-HD1 Blu-Ray Disc Player =799.95 notes
also there are no SACD Capable Blue Ray Disc Players as of yet,
nor is there gonna be HD-DVD and Blu Ray combo drives(but that'll probably change in the future or it might not)
so one of each if ya wanna keep up with the jones

The latest on HD-DVD and Blu-ray
http://www.hddvd.org/hddvd/

Blu-Ray disc drives for the pc
http://www.blu-ray.com/drives/

Windows Vista
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.aspx
Windows Vista HDCP Ready Monitors already Retailing
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/...p_lcd_roundup/
HDCP Ready Graphics cards already Retailing
http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_7950.html
Old 01-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Codey - tell me about it, this stuff costs money!

Personally tho, I don't need anything too modern. Other than a DVD player, there isn't anything I will use that could handle an HDMI output (and I ain't changing DVD player purely for one with an HDMI output for 2 reasons : 1) Cost! and 2) I would then need to change to a TV that could handle HDMI, and in turn and AV Amp with HDMI switching - so see point one about cost!!!!) as I have no intention of getting or paying for Sky or cable, and I can't see Freeview running in HD for at least 10years (bear in mind it'll still be 6yrs before total switch off of the analogue transmission, and there simply isn't the bandwidth to run analogue, SD digital and HD digital. I predict it WILL start transmitting in HD, but it will be like Sky - dribs n drabs at a time, as people will once again have to upgrade all their gear)

So I bought a fuck off big 36" CRT TV (prefer CRT TV pictures over the LCD pictures you get on TV's under £700-£800 which is the max I would be able to spend, and even then I probably wouldn't spend that much), have just got a Sony STR-DE685 AV amp (used only for audio switching as it, like most, only has composite or S-Vid video switching, and I don't want to downgrade to that lower quality from RGB scarts) along with a Sony DVP-NS705V DVD/SACD player (great picture + audio!!!) and currently I only have a pair of Mission M74 front speakers, but am on the lookout for matching rears and sub...

All I need to tadd to that little lot is a digital TV PVR hard disc recorder thingy, and I haven't decided which one yet....

SO that will see TV (and PVR recording), DVD, VHS (already got a decent VHS machine), and AV amp, speakers and a TV - the only other thing I might get would be a media player - probably hard drive based to connect to the AV amp and TV to play MP3's and AVI's from (my DVD player doesn't read DivX)
Old 01-10-2006, 07:02 PM
AndyP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thrush Cheers fella, much appreciated
Old 01-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Thrush..

you seem like a man in the know.. I want to updae my system..
Want seperates including CD, AMP, TUNER,

Currently got Aiwa speakers which I no longer like the look of.. and getting on abit...

My questions to you

Are these any good?

Mordaunt Short 914

Will be placed next to TV and they are magnetically shielded, so no worries there Just want good bass with them to for the DnB

Next question, a DECENT amp, but nothing stupidly priced.. Will need to run a surround sound system too.. Would need sufficient inputs.. Any recommendations please?

thanks
Old 01-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

oh lastly..

Whats the diff between active and passive.. I want a bass box too but not sure whats the bette ooption, act or passive

thanks
Old 01-10-2006, 07:10 PM
codey47
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Westy
oh lastly..

Whats the diff between active and passive.. I want a bass box too but not sure whats the bette ooption, act or passive

thanks
Active Subwoofers are the best option

Passive (non-amplified) subwoofers are available, but are usually ineffective unless built for and matched with a specific speaker model. Active (built in amplifier) subwoofers are vastly preferable as they offer independent volume and often frequency control to allow the bass to be tuned with the room and any existing speakers. With Dolby Digital and DTS systems, an active subwoofer has to be used. All our subwoofers are active!

Home Cinema Guide explained
http://www.superfi.co.uk/DisplayGuid...45&SiteType=UK

Speaker Guide
http://www.superfi.co.uk/DisplayGuid...28&SiteType=UK

@thrush you tech junkie you
the only problem with building up your system over time especially with the hdmi side of things they keep updatiing the HDMI specs way too quick
i bought a state of the art yamaha amp just to find out its nearly obsolete.... lol i have owned it 14 months so not really a bad thing i spose

Q. When was the HDMI specification released?

The initial HDMI 1.0 specification was released in December 2002.
Version 1.1 was released in May 2004.
Version 1.2 was released in August of 2005.
Version 1.2a was released in December of 2005.
Version 1.3 was released in June of 2006.

Q. What functionality was added to each specification?

The following provides an overview of major functionality added to each version of HDMI

HDMI 1.1

* Support for DVD Audio

HDMI 1.2

* Adds features and capabilities that increase HDMI's appeal for use in both the CE and PC industries. Specifically, the features and modifications for HDMI 1.2 include:

• Support for One Bit Audio format, such as SuperAudio CD's DSD (Direct Stream Digital)
o Changes to offer better support for current and future PCs with HDMI outputs, including:
• Availability of the widely-used HDMI Type A connector for PC sources and displays with full support for PC video formats
• Ability for PC sources to use their native RGB color-space while retaining the option to support the YCbCr CE color space
• Requirement for HDMI 1.2 and later displays to support future low-voltage (i.e., AC-coupled) sources, such as those based on PCI Express I/O
technology

HDMI 1.2a

* Consumer Electronic Control (CEC) features and command sets and CEC compliance tests are now fully specified.
* Creation of version 1.2a of the HDMI Compliance Test Specification (CTS), which includes a CEC Supplement. HDMI CTS 1.2a has been updated for technical consistency with HDMI Specification 1.2a as well as to the recently released HDMI Specification 1.2.
* o Significantly, CTS 1.2a contains additional cable and connector testing and Authorized Testing Center (ATC) submission requirements. Specifically, under CTS 1.2a, the Adopter shall submit for testing to the ATC any new HDMI cable whose length exceeds previously tested cables. Additionally, HDMI Licensing, LLC will maintain a list of approved connectors. For a device to pass CTS 1.2a testing at an ATC, all connectors on such device must appear on the approved connector list. To add a connector to this list, the vendor must submit to the ATC or HDMI Licensing, LLC full and passing testing results

Q: What’s new in the HDMI 1.3 Specification?

* Higher speed: Although all previous versions of HDMI have had more than enough bandwidth to support all current HDTV formats, HDMI 1.3 increases its single-link bandwidth to 340 MHz (10.2 Gbps) to support the demands of future HD display devices, such as higher resolutions, Deep Color and high frame rates. In addition, built into the HDMI 1.3 specification is the technical foundation that will let future versions of HDMI reach significantly higher speeds.
* Deep Color: HDMI 1.3 supports 30-bit, 36-bit and 48-bit (RGB or YCbCr) color depths, up from the 24-bit depths in previous versions of the HDMI specification, for stunning rendering of over one billion colors in unprecedented detail.
* Broader color space: HDMI 1.3 adds support for “xvYCC” color standard, which removes current color space limitations and enables the display of any color viewable by the human eye.
* New mini connector: With small portable devices such as HD camcorders and still cameras demanding seamless connectivity to HDTVs, HDMI 1.3 offers a new, smaller form factor connector option.
* Lip Sync: Because consumer electronics devices are using increasingly complex digital signal processing to enhance the clarity and detail of the content, synchronization of video and audio in user devices has become a greater challenge and could potentially require complex end-user adjustments. HDMI 1.3 incorporates automatic audio synching capabilities that allows devices to perform this synchronization automatically with total accuracy.
* New HD lossless audio formats: In addition to HDMI’s current ability to support high-bandwidth uncompressed digital audio and all currently-available compressed formats (such as Dolby® Digital and DTS®), HDMI 1.3 adds additional support for new lossless compressed digital audio formats Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™.

Q: What products or applications will take advantage of new HDMI 1.3 capabilities?
According to announcements by manufacturers, new high-definition DVD formats (HD-DVD and Blu-ray) and game machines (including the Sony PLAYSTATION® 3) will make use of capabilities added in HDMI 1.3. Digital televisions will be able to present images that are closer to real life than previously has been possible. These will include LCD TVs, plasma displays and rear projection microdisplays. The PS3 which is scheduled to ship in November 2006, will be the first source product to provide such high quality imagery to these displays. It is expected that hi-def DVD players will follow early in 2007 with HDMI 1.3 support. A/V Receivers that can decode DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD will start to show up early in 2007 as well. Please check with the manufacturers for details.

Q: What is meant by the term “Deep Color” and why is it important?
Deep Color lets HDTVs and other displays go from millions of colors to billions of colors allowing consumers to enjoy unprecedented vividness and accuracy of color on their displays. Deep Color eliminates on-screen color banding, for smooth tonal transitions and subtle gradations between colors. It enables increased contrast ratio, and can represent many times more shades of gray between black and white.

Q: What is “xvYCC”?
HDMI 1.3 adopts use of the IEC 61966-2-4 color standard, commonly called xvYCC (shorthand for Extended YCC Colorimetry for Video Applications). This new standard can support 1.8 times as many colors as existing HDTV signals. xvYCC lets HDTVs display colors more accurately, enabling displays with more natural, vivid colors .

Q: What is the difference between “Deep Color” and “xvYCC?”
Deep Color increases the number of available colors within the boundaries defined by the RGB or YCbCr color space, while xvYCC expands the available range (limits) to allow the display of colors that meet and exceed what human eyes can recognize.

Q: When will products with HDMI 1.3 capabilities be available to the public?
Products using HDMI 1.3 capabilities are expected to become available this year starting with the PS3. Displays, DVDs and A/V Receivers are expected to ship early in 2007.

Q: How will consumers know which products have the latest implementation of HDMI 1.3?
Consumers should not look for a particular version of HDMI, but rather for the functionality that they want the device to support (Deep Color, specific audio formats, etc.). Alternatively, consumers can look for support for these features called out in the manufacturer’s product information.

Q: Is HDMI 1.3 backward compatible with prior releases of the HDMI spec and with DVI?
Yes, HDMI is fully backward compatible with all prior releases of the HDMI spec, as well as DVI compliant devices.

Q: Why is lip sync important?
In a DTV, typically the video processing takes more time than the audio. As a result, lip sync can become an issue where it’s noticeable to the viewer, creating an effect similar to that of a badly-dubbed movie. HDMI 1.3 provides a method whereby the audio processing times in devices can be automatically adjusted to remove lip sync
Old 01-10-2006, 07:24 PM
codey47
PassionFord Regular

Hope This Helps
Old 01-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Westy - Mordaunt speakers are very nice. Personally, I prefer Missions, but Mordaunt do make great speakers. If you can tho, position them a tad wider than just right next to the TV, as you get a bigger (wider) soundstage

As Codey said, go for an active sub. Active means, as said, it has a built in amplifier, which means far less hassle than matching a sub to an amps capabilities, and not having to worry bout crossovers etc.... Plu,s as said, they can be tuned to the existing set up, room etc...

Codey - nah, I ain't that much of a tech junkie really.... And I agree, building up over time can be a bit of a bitch what with ever increasing technology, but as I said, I am unlikely to make use of HDMI for a good while (as in years) as other than possibly DVD, I've nothing to transmit through it (I don't have an HDMI capable TV, and the only "TV pictures" will be Freeview, which probably won't utilise HDMI for many years). On that note, I am watching HD-DVD, but I am one of these that will sit back and watch untill either Blu-Ray or HD-DVD has firmly won the title, and settled itself in the market. And most importantly, I won't buy a player till prices have dropped! I didn't buy a PS2 untill 5 years after it came out due to the fact I thought it wasn't worth the money. Same with DVD. When they came out they were £500-£1000 - I waited till they were sub £100 (actually got my first DVD player £60 lol) Nowadays they are like £20, so I will wait till the market fully embraces HD-DVD before making the swap.....
Old 01-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

cheers for the advice lads Will pick those speakers up during the week then

another quick one..

this maybe stupid but fook it

Whats the difference between an AV Amp and an Amp Which will I need for surround sound, playing CD's etc please?

any recommendations also.. My TV is HDMi or whatever it is..

Thanks
Old 01-10-2006, 08:33 PM
codey47
PassionFord Regular

an AV Amp/Recievers
the AV stands for audio and visual this is the one you need for all your surround sound,two channel and five channel music needs
Go for an AV amp/Reciever best of both worlds

an Amp is just the old standard left and right front channels(2 channel)

regarding a Plasma Screen/TV etc even computer monitors(you dont really see HD Ready Logo'd comp monitors though) anything in the stores that dares to bare the HD ready Logo is obviously ready
HDMI is a cable and a socket and can transmit sound and a visual signal so one cable is needed from av amp/dvd player/screen,as you have stated you are HD ready just make sure you get all components with HDMI Inputs and outputs.

if your TV or Comp screen Plasma/DVD player etc has a DVI socket you can get cables DVI to HDMI or HDMI to DVI and as of now will be fine to use for HD transmissions but will not carry an audio signal...just visual signals so that means extra cluttery audio cables or a Digital Coax/Optical cable leading to your AV amp

DVD players have very advanced technology to to make the picture far superior than others
different chipsets very much like graphics cards for computers
the latest and greatest DVD player chipset is
HQV terranex

http://www.hqv.com/technology.cfm
http://www.hqv.com/benchmark.cfm
and dvd players that sports the HQV terranex chipset
MULTIREGION
http://www.avland.co.uk/denon/dvd2930/dvd2930.htm
http://www.avland.co.uk/denon/dvd3930/dvd3930.htm

as far as any recommendations on AV equipment it depends on your budget

look for this logo also

check these sites out
http://www.avland.co.uk/dvd/dvd.htm#dvdp DVD players
http://www.hifibitz.co.uk/category.asp?id=102
http://www.avland.co.uk/amplifier/index.htm(this is the easiest site to identify HDMI equipped recievers)
http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/p...cfm/category/5

reviews on Hardware
http://www.audioholics.com/productre...ware/index.php
http://www.audioreview.com/reviewscrx.aspx
http://www.hometheatermag.com/equipmentreviews/

excuse me if i've missed/misunderstood something or something doesn't make sense ...im cream cracker'd
but im sure Thrush will keep you posted and correct me if necessary
Old 02-10-2006, 11:30 AM
-J-

Cheers thrush the 2nd of your posts makes more sence

I had feared that i would have to use a headphone to Phono connection... Bloody Phillips make a cracking TV for good money and forget an Audio out put connection

Was looking at a harmon Kardon set up last night that looks the business (AV Amp / DVD Player) comes as a Package so may get rid of my current DVD player.

Has made things alot clearer