General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Opinions on BMW Z3 M Roadster

Search this Thread

Old 14-09-2006, 10:46 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on BMW Z3 M Roadster

always loved the look of these cars,and obviously with that engine they must shift a bit too....

prices are good on them now,would it be worth a change

looked at the M coupe too,but it's one of them ugly but nice cars?

love this one on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-Z3-M-ROADS...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 14-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Too fuckin right , I love these cars, I must ask though, do you cut hair ?
Old 14-09-2006, 11:03 AM
CraigJ
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

engine size or not its still got the hairdressing image but saying that you have got TT in your sig
Old 14-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Fast and fun. Like a German TVR without the image, sexy looks or reliabilty problems! FAST in a straight line and a handful in corners!

Bargains now!
Old 14-09-2006, 11:06 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by Mr Brannen
Too fuckin right , I love these cars, I must ask though, do you cut hair ?
Yes,and i'm a raving homosexual too
Old 14-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Paul1982
Regular Contributor

Lol - I have a M3 Evo Convertible mate and the Engine is great!!

321bhp (305bhp on the rollers) standard

Look out for bad Vanos Noise and try and get one which has has it changed.

Your looking at Ł9k-Ł16k depending on year and mileage extra.

The Roadster only have 5 speed boxs which i think is a bit of a let down - but they handle nice and are very very reliable when looked after.

The M Coupe is the Fooking Bollox mate - A quality drive and all round awesome machine - if it was nothing to do with money i'd have 1 of them over the Roadster all day!! But they are holding the money better from what i can see
Old 14-09-2006, 11:09 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by Porkie
Fast and fun. Like a German TVR without the image, sexy looks or reliabilty problems!

Bargains now!
thought so, i don't see the hairdresser image at all with the M,it's just too muscular looking....

there's always this hairdresser thing with these types of car though,and to be honest they are usually great cars when you actually look past the image! Boxster/MX5 are great examples of this!
Old 14-09-2006, 11:12 AM
ando4i

Nice Motors got my misses the Z3 2.8 a couple of weeks back, wouldn't mind getting her the ZM3 for her next one. I've taken the Z3 on track and its not to bad, needs stiffening up a bit to get the best out of them.

Check underneath as the Spot Welds in the boot floor can come apart and the chassis around the rear axle can split and also the diff mount can break.

HTH

Mark
Old 14-09-2006, 11:30 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Okay.

My brother was looking for a new car and had his eye on the M Roadster for quite a while.

Only problem with the car is it looks very dated, and isn't stand outish enough from the rest of the Z3 models in the range.

So he considered the Z3M Coupe. He looked at a few, and then considered the coupe. He hasn't looked back. Saw one with good mileage, bought it there and then. Sure, it has real marmite looks, and isn't "beautiful" by any stretch, but:

Blue, 50k, FSH - Ł13k!

The car is a beast! Massive straight line performance, silly easy to get the tail out, and so composed when you do. Staggering levels of grip, beautiful interior, real road presence.

Funnily enough, he'd just come from a TT he'd been borrowing for a couple of weeks, and you wouldn't believe how much better a car it is.

Personally if I had to have a roadster for similar sort of money, I'd probably look at the Boxster instead- what you may lose in straight line performance, you'd gain with the badge, chassis, and overall package.
Old 14-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by bud-weis
Originally Posted by Porkie
Fast and fun. Like a German TVR without the image, sexy looks or reliabilty problems!

Bargains now!
there's always this hairdresser thing with these types of car though,and to be honest they are usually great cars when you actually look past the image! Boxster/MX5 are great examples of this!
Thats why I own a Boxster
Old 14-09-2006, 11:39 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Boxsters are cool IMO,but my budget wouldn't stretch to one i'd be happy with i reckon,kinda settling if you know what i mean....

Pon

The coupe appeals to me because it's so rare,i can't remember the last time i saw one tbh on the road,the interior is stunning like you say,seats look awesome! and i can imagine performance is great too,but i hadn't heard much about the chassis,although the TT gets a slating from those supposedly in the know,yet i find it ok 99% of the time,it does understeer when really pushed and i'm not prepared to modify it to correct this.

away i go to check insurance prices although i can't see her indoors being too impressed withme changing so soon