General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

9/11---Five years on

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 08:21 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 9/11---Five years on

Just watched the program on Channel 4 about 9/11 five years on

Firstly i cant beleive it has been nearly 5 years since it happened

VERY good program and bought it all back....TRULY SHOCKING

It was about 2 brothers who were following a you proby as he started life if the New York Fire Dept. They were just making a documentry on him and had been following him for some time so they captured it all first hand.
Even had footage from inside the WTC1 when it collapsed

RIP all those that lost there lives
Old 02-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember it to well, I was up a roof in chelsea!

Poor sods
Old 02-09-2006, 08:25 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its still hard for me to get my head round what happend that day
Old 02-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Csm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Was just sitting talking to my missus about this ten mins ago

deffo cant believe its 5 years already

R.I.P everyone who lost there lifes

sadly its still gonnae claim the fire-fighters lifes as they have cancer now and are still coughing etc due to dust inhaleation
Old 02-09-2006, 08:27 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Originally Posted by Pennywise
I remember it to well, I was up a roof in chelsea!

Poor sods
I remember being in someones loft fitting new Tanks up there, i had Radio 1 on at the time and heard it then

I think everyone remembers where they were
Old 02-09-2006, 08:31 PM
Twins
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 118 Likes on 110 Posts

Just watched this aswell ,agreed Very good programme ,still hard to beleive it really ,and the noises from outside the trade center when you knew it was people falling to the ground
Old 02-09-2006, 08:32 PM
scottbrown
Advanced PassionFord User

just watched that,

I was on 2-10 at work had just got it as it was happening, not much work got done that day, was watching the tv and ha radio on all day.

RIP to all those that died.

Trending Topics

Old 02-09-2006, 08:39 PM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was working on a 5 series B.M.W that day and heard it on the radio.The B.M had a T.V in it so switched it on and saw the second plane hit the tower on LIVE T.V.

R.I.P.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:41 PM
richard_syko
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Remeber a mate running out his house as he saw me walking home from school, screaming WW3 has started.

On a serious note RIP
Old 02-09-2006, 08:46 PM
DUDE_SWEET_FRST

i watched it aswell.....

very good docu... i couldnt believe it when the camera came back on after the tower collapsed

good watch
Old 02-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Sally

I was only 11 when that happend and i remember it like it was yesturday, i was coming home from school and it was all over the news then every paper the next day. its real sad i didnt watch that programe tho.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:12 PM
_DAN_
Yoon

I rememebr watching neighbours and the BBC news alert coming on straight after.

I didn't really know what the WTC was until that sad day.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

i was at work,,,,,, i was bored and it wa a hot sunny day so was going back to the office to book off " sick" and go pub, heard about it from a bloke at coutts bank and then when i got in the office i seen the plane hit the second tower,,,, i thought it was a rerun

anyway i booked off sick and watched it at work in the office till 6ish then i went home nand watched it all night with my old man on tv,,, was a messed up day that one

the world literally came to a halt for a few days too and they did hit us finiancialy too
Old 02-09-2006, 09:14 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

R.I.P.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Sukhy RS
LFC

My friend rang me up on the phone and said the wtc has been hit and i didnt believe him until i turned on the t.v and went to skynews.
I was shocked when the 2nd plane hit it .
R.I.P to everyone who lost there lives
Hate those terrorists
Old 02-09-2006, 11:31 PM
Dan B

I was in work, we had a live SkyNews feed on to see the 2nd plane hit, and then continue with the aftermath-coverage.

The phones went berserk, as people were saying the internet was broken because they couldn't get to the various news-websites since they were being overloaded...

Oh, and I know it's 5 years because that day was my 25th birthday......hardly surprising I didn't feel like celebrating when I got home from work, RIP all those that lost their lives that day!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:41 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

was at work that day, my stepdad phoned me up and said a plane had flown into the twin towers...i was like hmmm harsh... but didnt think no more cracked on with work. then went to do a demo at a customers house.

wasnt listen to anything more on it till i saw the 2nd tower collapse at his house.

remembered all the bollox that day of theres a plane heading for here, and there, and every fucking where

but as above RIP.....but life goes on
Old 02-09-2006, 11:53 PM
Cossie Sean
big floppy donkey dick

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i remember seeing it, i was on a day off........
came downstairs and thaught that film looks well cool!
only to realise that it is actually happening, all i could do was sit down and take in the amazement

wow,
dunno what else to say?!

this post makes me as angry now as much as it did back then

all those fvckers that want a fight face to face, bring it on.
you know where i am and i`d be glad to meet up and have a "mutual conversation" about this shyte
Old 03-09-2006, 12:26 AM
turbo_boost
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I was only 12(good old days of being young) but that day was sad remember cumin home from school was on tv i too saw the second plane hit the trade centre still can see it if i close my eyes

R.I.P to all that lost their lives
Old 03-09-2006, 12:52 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Saw some of this programme tonight aswell - exceptionally well presented programme. Really brings to light the grittiness of the whole thing, and shows a lot you didn't see at the time on news broadcasts, which makes it all the more real.

The scene where one of the camera brothers was at the bottom of the second tower as it began to collapse, running down the street with the firefighters and being knocked to the ground and covered by the fire chief who was protecting him from the rubble hurtling down from above - pretty emotional stuff! To see what is basically, first hand reactions and expressions from the firefighters right there, right at that time in the midst of it all - breathtaking and heart breaking at the same time.

One of the quotes that will always stick in my mind from that docu was from the rookie FF who was the original point of the filming - back at the station house that night he was asked to go upstairs and lower the flag to half mast. He did it, came down and said that he NEVER wants to ever have to lower that flag to half mast for the rest of his life. And you can hear the emotion in his voice as he says it and you KNOW he means it...

Whilst many folk like you and me will never understand the true depth of the feelings and emotions these guys, and the rest of New York went through, I think this programme does a damn fine job of transmitting those feelings and emotions.

Monday night there is a docu on about Stairway B - the place where the only surviours were found apparently, which looks worth a watch.

And what with it being the run up to the "anniversary" there are quite a few more programmes on the subject over the next week or so aswell, including that Farenheight(sp) 9/11 by that horrendous retard Micheal Moore
Old 03-09-2006, 01:41 AM
mathewwebber
PassionFord Regular

I was in the middle of an A level Physics lesson when my missus texted me to tell me that the first tower had been hit. I told everyone what had happened and we all walked out to find a TV to see what was going on. As has been said it will be one of those things that you will always remember where you were.

RIP all those that lost their lives that day
Old 03-09-2006, 06:29 AM
Rob84

has anyone seen the video "loose change part 2"?

a VERY chilling video, looking at conspiracy theories and the like.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:01 AM
scottbrown

Originally Posted by Thrush
Saw some of this programme tonight aswell - exceptionally well presented programme. Really brings to light the grittiness of the whole thing, and shows a lot you didn't see at the time on news broadcasts, which makes it all the more real.

The scene where one of the camera brothers was at the bottom of the second tower as it began to collapse, running down the street with the firefighters and being knocked to the ground and covered by the fire chief who was protecting him from the rubble hurtling down from above - pretty emotional stuff! To see what is basically, first hand reactions and expressions from the firefighters right there, right at that time in the midst of it all - breathtaking and heart breaking at the same time.

One of the quotes that will always stick in my mind from that docu was from the rookie FF who was the original point of the filming - back at the station house that night he was asked to go upstairs and lower the flag to half mast. He did it, came down and said that he NEVER wants to ever have to lower that flag to half mast for the rest of his life. And you can hear the emotion in his voice as he says it and you KNOW he means it...

Whilst many folk like you and me will never understand the true depth of the feelings and emotions these guys, and the rest of New York went through, I think this programme does a damn fine job of transmitting those feelings and emotions.

Monday night there is a docu on about Stairway B - the place where the only surviours were found apparently, which looks worth a watch.

And what with it being the run up to the "anniversary" there are quite a few more programmes on the subject over the next week or so aswell, including that Farenheight(sp) 9/11 by that horrendous retard Micheal Moore
very well put mate.
but why do you hate farenheight 9/11? I thought it was very informative, I believe farenheight is ott but that the truth lies somewhere in between that and what was broadcast at the time. There just seem far to many conincedences happening for farenheight 9/11 to be dissmissed as complete bull shit.

On a seperate point after watching this last night, I cannot believe that 5 years on there is still no memorilal to the people that lost there lives.

excuse my spelling its too early
Old 03-09-2006, 07:04 AM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I have not watched it yet but did record it.

I also remember what i was doing on the day as well.

R.I.P

Steve.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:09 AM
starturbo

Originally Posted by Cossie Sean
i remember seeing it, i was on a day off........
came downstairs and thaught that film looks well cool!
only to realise that it is actually happening, all i could do was sit down and take in the amazement

wow,
dunno what else to say?!

this post makes me as angry now as much as it did back then

all those fvckers that want a fight face to face, bring it on.
you know where i am and i`d be glad to meet up and have a "mutual conversation" about this shyte
I too thought it was a film trailer.I was cutting the grass in the garden and came in for a bin bag to put the grass in.I glanced at the tv and saw it. when I came in again 20 mins later I thought thats a bloody long trailer.Little did I know what was actually happening.I work in civil aviation and the knock on effect was unbelievable.Airlines going out of buisness and jobs were none existant.Its taken a long time to recover.I dont say that out of selfishness either.Its the way it was.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:25 AM
CosRush
PassionFord Post Troll

I remember being at work when my wife rang and tied to explain what had happened. we all went into the crew room and turned the TV on and then like many others just stood and watched thinking.......wtf..........

My wife and I had returned from New York 2 months before 9/11 and had been stood on top of the WTC ourselves.

We always think of the nice people we spoke to in the resturant and shop at the top at the top, and the lift guy (who road up and down the lifts with visitors) who we had a laugh with about our use of the word trainers and him calling them sneekers.
Its things like that that will always bring it back when these things are discussed.

No less tragic 5 years on
Old 03-09-2006, 07:40 AM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

I remember when it was on the news in the warehouse I was working in. It was during Mark and Lards show, then for all of Chris Moyles' show it was every 15 minute updates. It was one of the only times I have heard Chris truely sad. Got home and dad had it on the TV. Such a sad sad day that will haunt me forever. I sent an SMS to my g/f in Oz and she woke up to put the TV on but couldnt watch it.

RIP all those who lost their lives.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by scottbrown
Originally Posted by Thrush

very well put mate.
but why do you hate farenheight 9/11? I thought it was very informative, I believe farenheight is ott but that the truth lies somewhere in between that and what was broadcast at the time. There just seem far to many conincedences happening for farenheight 9/11 to be dissmissed as complete bull shit.

On a seperate point after watching this last night, I cannot believe that 5 years on there is still no memorilal to the people that lost there lives.

excuse my spelling its too early
I just said that I thought Micheal Moore is a horendous retard, not that I hated Farenheit 911......

I also do think it odd there aren't many memorials built as of yet. There are a few, and there are some underconstruction aswell.

I saw with my own eyes the tribute to the Jersey City residents killed in the attacks on the New Jersey side;

(in the first pic, in from of those steel girders, is a big piece of marble, with all the names of the Jersey City Residents who died in the buildings engraved into it. Sadly I didn't get a picture of it that came out enough to see what it was )

In Elizabeth National Park (I think thats it's name) a memorial is being built with two metal "walls" enscribed with all the names of all who lost their lives, and when you stand in the right place they will fit in at the correct height as the old buildings and complete the skyline.

And outside "ground zero" are placards (sp) listing all the names. Obviousl they are temporary, but when building work is completed there, there will be proper memorials built
Old 03-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Rene
PassionFord Post Whore!!

it is indeed 5 years ago i remember it well watching it on the telly at the moment it happend we all rushed to the tvs @ work and put on different channels to see it then we all just saw the 2nd place flying into it ..... it was never quiete around there @ work but @ that moment it certainly was.

Thing is the office i worked for was just a few miles away from the 2 towers etc.

unbelievable what still happend
Old 03-09-2006, 12:32 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Last night was the first time I had seen the French brothers documentry. Something it captured that I hadn't felt since was that realisation and worry when the second plane hit and the news came in about the Pentagon attack. It was just such a brutal and formidable thing to realise that airliners were being used for the attacks. Prior to that most people just thought it was one explosion.

I remember the reaction my myself, friends and co-workers was totally out of order, we were reacting like it was some action movie, I am so ashamed about that.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Rene
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by MWF
I am so ashamed about that.
U shouldnt be, everybody reacts on a different way it was just such an 'event' and i think we all were gobsmacked to .. dont be ashamed mate
Old 03-09-2006, 12:54 PM
Danielle
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i watched that program it was very upsetting...

but i cant believe how many firemen died!!

i thought the bronze wall was such a nice memorial for all those who dies trying to save the lives of others
Old 03-09-2006, 09:42 PM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by cossie4i
I have not watched it yet but did record it.

I also remember what i was doing on the day as well.

R.I.P

Steve.
I have now watched it and found it very emotional.

Steve.