General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Engine is running

Search this Thread

Old 30-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

..i am only goin by what Mark told me Chip..the engine was BUILT for that BHP

Dont guess..its simple...anyway why all the sudden jealousy from you and Porkie? ..Porkie you more minted than me pal so put the green eyed monster back in your pants
Old 30-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Bosch-Man
...oh your wrong on pistons BTW ..runs the CP ones as per Rods old engine before incident. ...oh and iskys...oh and long studded block..etc etc...its a massive spec to me and 600bhp is massive BHP to me...
Ah cool, couple of minor things different then, cheers for clearing that up.

As you say, massive spec is a relative term i guess, doesnt seem massive to me but then nothing ive built would seem massive to Julian Godfrey, so defintely thats true.

If Mark says its good for 600bhp, then thats good enough for me, he certainly knows what he is doing

Should be good when finished then if the box and diff etc stay in one piece in it!
Old 30-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Mad Yum another reader not tester...a Rainbird run a std gearbox not sure about diff...but they are strong anhd without launches i reckon both will hold up well..we aint talking 4x4 mate.

600bhp may be optimistic..depends how good the engine is ..and how good a Karl map is ..may surprise everyone..may not...it will only go on rollers to see..so who knows....but gutting for you if it was more than yours Yum
Old 30-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Anonymous
Banned

..excatly...atlast Chip actually sees reason
Old 30-08-2006, 02:08 PM
OldSkoolRS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Engine is running

..after installing FPR and oil pressure gauges..oh and the EEC4 plenum cover

..never seen oil pressure like it...fooking 85psi at idle when cold

...Hi pressure pump?

After getting to drive this car a while i am more disliking the greys setup...its an old style map..so fuel consumption is crap driving round town...co is about 10% ...and the L6 is shite for throttle response....roll on L8 and 1000cc injectors
jesus, is this on the cossie, the m3, the clk, the jag or the ferrari?!
Old 30-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Yum...it really depends on the engine spec as to making the power..maybe it aint a high enuff spec,i really dont know till i try it..although Mark reckons it is and so does Karl..so looking good..be very very interesting to see a MAD engine running a Karl map..could this be the greatest collaboration since Hinge and Bracket?
Old 30-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Ryan
15K+ Super Poster!!

why not just use mark to map it?

seems logical?
Old 30-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Anonymous
Banned

anyway why all the sudden jealousy from you and Porkie?
Its certainly a nice spec saph, would have bought it myself if i didnt already have the 3 door, one is enough for me though and i wouldnt want to have swapped as i prefer mine, so certainly not jealous of you for buying it.

I cant really speak for Lee as such, but im 99.9% confident he isnt jealous either.
Old 30-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

anyway why all the sudden jealousy from you and Porkie? ..Porkie you more minted than me pal so put the green eyed monster back in your pants
Yes Phil, thats exactly it. I am Jealous

God I feel so much better now I have admitted I am jealous of your 'massive' spec engine.

Glad to have got that off my chest.
Old 30-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Ryan

seems logical?
Mark wont map L8 i believe, so he doesnt have the choice unless he buys autronic.
Old 30-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

seems logical?
Mark will only map Autronics I believe Ryan

* Edit* Doh, too slow
Old 30-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Ryan
15K+ Super Poster!!

how did think rhy's got it mapped then?
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Porkie
God I feel so much better now I have admitted I am jealous of your 'massive' spec engine.
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

seems logical?
Mark won't map shonky L8 any more, and Phil is too tight to buy Autronic .

My 500bhp killed the original 100k gearbox in less than 1,000 miles . The new one (a mint 30k 3-door item from a crashed concourse car) was getting decidedly noisy after 19k of 500bhp .
Old 30-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Thanks Porkie for admitting it..although you got more money than i could ever had so find it odd ..but nowt as queer as Rainbird

Mark will set up cars with ahmed chips i beleive...cant alter the map but can set it up as per Rhys.

Mike why go autronics when Karl has got L8 maps to perfection?..Only about a grand saving ..i aint like Porkie made of money!
Old 30-08-2006, 02:31 PM
YBP
Part of the Furniture

YBP if you read my other posts the EEC4 cover is a temporary thing to restrict power until diff and gearbox uprated...it will run a modest 500bhp to start with. ..although i may well see if a the std box/diff will take full power...i test not read books
If you had some brains you would know that reading first then testing is the right way to go.
I don´t speak out about things unless I have some experiance on the matter.
To just test every possible option until getting it right is just stupid and expensive. So is your method of restricting power on your engine. People who read and test would just limit the boost to restrict power. Much easier and better...

Old 30-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Thanks Porkie for admitting it..although you got more money than i could ever had so find it odd ..but nowt as queer as Rainbird

Mark will set up cars with ahmed chips i beleive...cant alter the map but can set it up as per Rhys.
Must bore the tits off a man of marks talent to just bang some chip in that he knows is only "close" to correct and then only have the CO screw and FPR to pay with!

Mike why go autronics when Karl has got L8 maps to perfection?..Only about a grand saving ..i aint like Porkie made of money!
I think the only maps Karl claims anything like perfection on would be his live maps, not anything off the shelf done just to spec, and even less so if you cant supply him details of exaclty what the cams are!

And even then if it was live mapped, the map might be as good as is possible on L8 (in fact im sure it will be Karl gets nothing but rave reviews from anyone), but he still is contstrained by the hardwre and he has only 8 possible values for ignition MAP points!

That really is properly shonky on a car going from a bar of vacuum to 2.5 bar of boost or whatever by modern standards, and it HAS to result in compromise.

You are only talk about 1 site for every half a bar or so!

Obvioulsy im sure Karl knows EXACTLY where to place these to make the best of a bad job, but its still never going to be a realistic match for the resolution you get with autronic.
Old 30-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Anonymous
Banned

YBP..i got more money than sense and i like tinkering..so who are you to say i am stupid?..ROFL.

Chip wait and see...the drivability of my T4 engine on 1000cc's was fantastic..certainly compared to the current engine/map....i beleive ALG1K's dolomite made 692bhp on a shonky L8 on the GT35..so anything could be possible.
Old 30-08-2006, 03:04 PM
YBP
Part of the Furniture

YBP..i got more money than sense and i like tinkering..so who are you to say i am stupid?..ROFL.

Chip wait and see...the drivability of my T4 engine on 1000cc's was fantastic..certainly compared to the current engine/map....i beleive ALG1K's dolomite made 692bhp on a shonky L8 on the GT35..so anything could be possible.
Because if you had been smart you would know that high bhp isn´t the hard part..

And to compare one cars drivability with one that you have stated yourself is way off in every possible way when it comes to drivability is ...yes u guessed it... stupid.
Old 30-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Anonymous
Banned

ALG1K's car could probably have made 692bhp on an ecu with only 3 load sites for MAP and only 3 for RPM, still would have made the same power, it just wouldnt actually drive anywhere when it wasnt near enough to one of those loads sites.

If you like tinkering why not get your L8 off to RP Labs and then map it yourself like i do?
Old 30-08-2006, 04:23 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how did think rhy's got it mapped then?
It wasnt so much mapped as set-up with (i am assuming here) a 400 bhp chip written by Ahmed for Mark's spec engine.

Same sort of thing Stu did for me and then Mark set it up within the parameters off the chip.
Old 30-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Anonymous
Banned

...Chip if i did anything like that it would only go Autronic..but it aint its ataying L8...had a go at mapping and TBH is boring

YBP..shut it..i am enjoying myself..thats all that counts.
Old 30-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Anonymous
Banned

...Chip if i did anything like that it would only go Autronic..but it aint its ataying L8...had a go at mapping and TBH is boring

YBP..shut it..i am enjoying myself..thats all that counts.
PMSL

Well so long as you can bolt a turbo on and plug the chip in that karl writes, im sure you will still claim to be one of us DIY'ers anyway Phil, when you can talk the talk so well as you, you dont need to walk the walk obvioulsy
Old 30-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Anonymous
Banned

..Chip this aint DIY never said it was...my other engine here is that...when this blows it will go back to being DIY....i cant help buying a saff with a mad engine..but as you say all modifications like installing turbo/plenum/plugging in chip /putting upgraded fuel lines in etc etc is DIY..mapping is for carol vodermans ..setting up will be diy though..and to be fair i will look at how it runs and tell karl if i feel anything needs changing...i guess a bit like say reyland...i dont beleive he maps..but has input like me
Old 30-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Anonymous
Banned

..Chip this aint DIY never said it was...my other engine here is that...when this blows it will go back to being DIY....i cant help buying a saff with a mad engine..but as you say all modifications like installing turbo/plenum/plugging in chip /putting upgraded fuel lines in etc etc is DIY..mapping is for carol vodermans ..setting up will be diy though..and to be fair i will look at how it runs and tell karl if i feel anything needs changing...i guess a bit like say reyland...i dont beleive he maps..but has input like me
Well i think you are being very jealous to martin to credit him with being as talented as you mate, im sure he will be over the moon PMSL
Old 30-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Anonymous
Banned

.....i dont see how you can rate people as more talented than another?..So he can do a big end bolt up faster than me...bothered? I dont think there are many tuners out there than just use there OWN knowledge to do something..they read/ask/listen to many i would think.

.....a YB aint rocket science its just putting everything together and setting it up right...obviously if you can afford to push the envolope and take risks fine...but that is what say martin and mark are doin to a dgree cause of the power being extracted.

My own specced DIY effort wernt perfect..but not bad IMO for a first effort...no surge on a T4 at 32psi and felt very strong..could have consumed a bit more air but then cam timing was only ever set a 112/112 didnt have time to do anymore..remember i dont only tend to the cossies i have 3 other toys to see to
Old 30-08-2006, 06:18 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

i beleive ALG1K's dolomite made 692bhp on a shonky L8 on the GT35

Jesus H titttyfuck , what spec was that then?

I'm guessing it wasn't on a STD crank? What is a STD crank good for?

Phil- What compression you running? what are your head ports like? 25/26mm? I will probably end up running a very similar spec to you, so I would be very interested in how yours turns out

At the Moment My spec is:
GT35+external wastegate
going to have a rainbird inlet plenum,
BD16 Inlet, BD14 EX, maybe a 16Ex if needed, 25/26mm ports, std size valve,
I was going to go 8.5-1 comp but will prob end up dropping it to 7.5, depending on what I can do about it , JE lightwieght forged Hi-comp pistons,
STD crank on a STD grind,
H section steel rods, ARP bolts etc.
Long studded 200 block (6, but again going to convert it to 10 if its needed)
P8 8 injector ECU, water injection, ALS, AIR 2 AIR etc,
WRC 8 injector manifold.

What sort of power will this be good for you recon? and torque, was aiming for solid 550 BHP and hopefully 450Lbs/ft
Old 30-08-2006, 09:50 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

Why do people think that a particular ecu type/brand gives you more
power - It doesnt.

I know not everyone on here beleives that but if it was true, dont you
think the F1 teams would be using it.

Even the drivability bits of the OEM L8 are hard to beat as I have
found out in the past (and rectified).

As for Mark not mapping L8, in the past the reason he didnt is because
he couldnt - He didnt have the required equipment to do the job.
This doesnt make the L8 a bad ecu despite what others may think.
Even the new RP Labs version L8 doesnt make it much better
but allows better access by anyone who chooses to do so.
(I am on about tuning features not add ons like coilpack/als etc)

Obviously now he has a good enough customer base that he is able to
pick and choose which isnt a bad thing before anyone says otherwise.
Old 30-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Will...a std crank will take 800 + ...ports are to be truthful not known neither is the real cam spec..but good for 600 apparently..its MAD

Simon how true...Karl is a real wizard...people seem not to beleive like i once didnt...but boy,this person knows his shit dont give a shit what my customers say about me..credit where its due.

L8 rocks
Old 30-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Anonymous
Banned

L8 rocks
L8 Copes
Karl Rocks

That would be more accurate!
Old 31-08-2006, 06:10 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Phil

My engine is now up for sale.
Im now having a MAD 400BHP conversion, down the local chippie for a chip & bolt on the first GT35 I can find. Thats a strong 600bhp & about 15k cheaper than my present conversion. Bit annoyed that Mark didnt tell me of this shortcut, we could have run 200mph 8 years ago.

Can you let me have some of the drugs you are on .
Rod
ps. Hope people dont think you have the same pistons as I had, unless you have the Mark long rod moved guhgeon pin set-up.
Old 31-08-2006, 07:36 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Morning Rod
Old 31-08-2006, 07:55 AM
space hoppers
Advanced PassionFord User

morning rich and rod good fun this. rod i was at norris designs on sat with spence the dyno is really getting there now wont be long now his place is the tits
Old 31-08-2006, 07:55 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Hello James,

Hows things. Will be at Marks this sat putting my head back together. yipppeeee
Old 31-08-2006, 10:50 AM
space hoppers
Advanced PassionFord User

thats good news rich ive still got to get the shed to change my cam so i can go for 600 bhp

Quick Reply: Engine is running