General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

My grief with SCS and Harvey Gibbs

Search this Thread

Old 24-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Noisy Boy
didnt say it was his fault did i. the point i am getting across is that he is faced with people pointing fingers at each other and he has no idea which one is to blame? so you never check your car when someone fucks about it? and someone had to tell him it was rattling and sounded like a bearing? could`nt spot that! yep well you guys spend your money on something you know nothing about, and moan when you dont know whats wrong with it!
Screw your neck in numnuts...

Mechanical knowledge isn't a must when getting a powerful engine, paying £8.5k was his way of covering that! You haven't half said some stupid shit on this thread
Old 24-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Noisey Boy

Well at least his name is fucking spot on accurate unlike all the shit he posts
Old 25-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Adrian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya you mod a washing machine dont you, thick cunt!
Wonder if 24hrs away from the site would help you complete your homework....
Old 25-08-2006, 01:07 AM
wimwerf
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Bosch-Man
Reyland aint a big cossie tuner IMO.

and you are not a real man...
Old 25-08-2006, 07:04 AM
the original
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

wow just spotted this what a great read
entertaining but not so funny for the chap out of pocket
my 2p worth
I personally trust Harvey
No wonder he gets wound up with EA, paul hills will have read the chip and stolen another dyno written base map he will later claim to be his.

WHICH NUT CAME UNDONE?
if it was tensioner, engine is instantly scrap and won't run
if it was cam pulley, nothing happens because of the woodruff key...

If you want something done properly do it yourself, won't have all the stress of taking yourself to court

no-one will ever really know the answer to this one
Old 25-08-2006, 07:08 AM
the original

Originally Posted by the original
just remembered that ones a bolt (well, set screw)
So the tensioner nut came almost right off???
don't make sense

going back to the first post
"I was having a clean up under the bonnet on my drive, and was warming the car up when my neighbour approached (ex Brands Mechanic, Cossie expert) and told me that it something sounded like a bearing was going somewhere, he had a look and noticed that the locking nut on the camshaft was 'hanging on for dear life' which would have resulted in cambelt failure"

what locknut?
Old 25-08-2006, 07:23 AM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

..... will have read the chip and stolen another dyno written base map he will later claim to be his.
Oh the irony of that statement coming from you.

I am in no way takings sides for or against Paul Hills but you suggest
its not right for someone to examine others work in detail no matter
what the reason is and then take advantage of that knowledge.

I suggest you look up the meaning of ... "intellectual property rights"
Old 25-08-2006, 07:26 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Wimwerk...

..obviously the haters will think i meant that in a bad way Not at all....i am sure he doesnt dedicate his time being a cossie tuner..as far as i am aware he is more a custom man and trick parts builder...and i am not saying you shouldnt use him...as i would be stupid not to recommend him,i am saying the 3 i mentioned are actually tuners only..dedicated ones...just cause he got the best Escos there is..dont mean he spends his life with a YB

Of course feel free Martin groupees to shoot me down..AGAIN
Old 25-08-2006, 07:29 AM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Wimwerk...

..obviously the haters will think i meant that in a bad way Not at all....i am sure he doesnt dedicate his time being a cossie tuner..as far as i am aware he is more a custom man and trick parts builder...and i am not saying you shouldnt use him...as i would be stupid not to recommend him,i am saying the 3 i mentioned are actually tuners only..dedicated ones...just cause he got the best Escos there is..dont mean he spends his life with a YB

Of course feel free Martin groupees to shoot me down..AGAIN
In all honesty Phil i dont Think Martin/Reyland is a dedicated 'tuner' either(god i agree with you )....

Like ya say, one of custom parts and builds....but a tuner maps etc which iirc Martin hands over to a tuner....
Old 25-08-2006, 07:36 AM
pugo
Advanced PassionFord User

WHICH NUT CAME UNDONE?
i asked this to be clarified on page 4 as i know some people cannot tell the difference between a nut and a bolt in the heat of an arguement

and your last statement about the woodruff key is not always true as some people remove the woodruff key and pull the pully up real tight so they can dial the cams in without the use of verniers
Old 25-08-2006, 07:42 AM
the original

Originally Posted by pugo

WHICH NUT CAME UNDONE?
i asked this to be clarified on page 4 as i know some people cannot tell the difference between a nut and a bolt in the heat of an arguement

and your last statement about the woodruff key is not always true as some people remove the woodruff key and pull the pully up real tight so they can dial the cams in without the use of verniers
Yes i know, but if there was no woodruff key (which i don't think harvey would do) and the nut/bolt/whatever was loose, we have more than a slight knock
maybe cam cap locknut being talked about?
Old 25-08-2006, 07:55 AM
pugo

i am thinking more along the lines of the cam pulley as they would have had to take the cam cover off to see the cap lock nuts....and he doesn't mention that?

however i think everybody on here is guessing (inc myself) nobody knows exactly what went on except the parties involved...and to be fair if i was spending £8.5k on an engine, i would be expecting to drive the car in...then out completed and ready to rock
Old 25-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by NIL 7717
1 reyland(who no-one has mentioned on here,should that say something ?
I don't think you will find anyone who would slag off Martins engine work.

He is so in demand and busy though that I can't even get my car done by him!
Old 25-08-2006, 09:20 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by NIL 7717
phil: why do you say that? i thought martin was good at what he did? or does he mainly do his own or close friends? i really dont know.
this is such a mine field and i dont want to end up like rich.
He says it to cause trouble

Look at the development Martin has put into the YB in the last 2 years....

and look at his development of putting a Skyline and then an OSgeeken sequential box into a Cossie.

Not a big Cossie Tuner?? Really Phil....
Old 25-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

...i can tell you now..Karl and Stu and MAD are 3 tuners which i can garantee wont have any slaggings from people who have used them EVER IMHO.

APART FROM YOU!!!!!!!
Old 25-08-2006, 09:33 AM
Richie Russ
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Why have a 400bhp engine if you nothing about it, you should of learned more about engines so you can point your own finger rather than other people, 11k is a joke 8.5k for a 400 bhp is a joke, get you hands dirty and do it yourself then you only got one person to blame. engines are not the hardest thing to work on just takes abit of time and effort to build one, still so sorry to hear that you have had this problem mate.
Bit of a silly comment but can understand what you are trying to say, to be honest, i get limited time to myself as i work all week and trying to build an engine up from scratch is not something i could do, well i could, but there would be a fair few nuts and bolts left over so thats why i chose to get Harvey to build me an engine, i think 8.5k was an average price in comparison to other builders i spoke with.

Im more annoyed at the way i have been treated rather than being out of pocket, the customer service, (mainly from Anne) was truly awful in my opinion and i would never treat anyone like that, regardless if they were spending 8 quid or 8 grand.

Anyway, it will all get resolved im sure of that, i know that Harvey DOES build good engines, i just think i have been very unfortunate, still, it could be worse, somehow
Old 25-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Anonymous
Banned

WHICH NUT OR BOLT CAME UNDONE RICHIE?

People have been asking you that question for 3 pages now and still no answer!!!!!
Old 25-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Porkie
...i can tell you now..Karl and Stu and MAD are 3 tuners which i can garantee wont have any slaggings from people who have used them EVER IMHO.

APART FROM YOU!!!!!!!

<--- real tears

Old 25-08-2006, 09:44 AM
Richie Russ

Originally Posted by chip-3door

People have been asking you that question for 3 pages now and still no answer!!!!!
Some of us do have to work mate, i cant sit on here all day everyday, i'll take a picture of the bloody thing so you can all see it, just by the cam pulleys anyhoo....
Old 25-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Richie Russ

Some of us do have to work mate, i cant sit on here all day everyday, i'll take a picture of the bloody thing so you can all see it, just by the cam pulleys anyhoo....
you were the one who choose to start a thread, so you should at least reply to questions in it without getting arsey, its not like you havent been online since the question was asked either as you have posted up several times since, its just coming across to me like you want to rant and rave about it and throw accusations about but arent really interested in getting to the bottom of it.

But yes, a picture would be good, as it should help to resolve the issue of wether there is any possibility the timing altered while the car was in your care as opposed to harvey doing it wrong originally (which seems highly unlikley TBH)
Old 25-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Richie Russ

you were the one who choose to start a thread, so you should at least reply to questions in it without getting arsey, its not like you havent been online since the question was asked either as you have posted up several times since, its just coming across to me like you want to rant and rave about it and throw accusations about but arent really interested in getting to the bottom of it.

But yes, a picture would be good, as it should help to resolve the issue of wether there is any possibility the timing altered while the car was in your care as opposed to harvey doing it wrong originally (which seems highly unlikley TBH)
I sure did choose to start the thread just to enlighten people to my problems, and therefore anyone wanting engines can choose who they want based on other peoples experiences, good or bad.

And yes, before this, i have posted once this morning (twice now) inbetween working. I will get to the bottom of it, just when i want to, not when YOU want to
Old 25-08-2006, 09:52 AM
pugo

for chip

i thought i was the only one wondering why he wouldn't answer that one

Old 25-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Richie Russ

for chip

i thought i was the only one wondering why he wouldn't answer that one

I have said what nut i mean, people aren't too sure what one,

Car in garage at home.

Im at work.

I will take a picture and post it up for you all to see dont panic !!
Old 25-08-2006, 10:07 AM
pugo

you didn't clarify which nut though

as the only nuts on the camshaft are on the tops of the brg caps....all the rest are bolts

however there is a nut on the cambelt tensioner but this is situated further down the cyl head and is not on the camshaft ????

and please do not get so frustrated so quickly when people are only trying to understand your predicament fully........as you mention that you would not treat people poorly whether it was£8 or £8k and then you shoot chip down when he only re-asked the question many have asked and that you have not answered........and that will only convince people that maybe this companies attitude towards you might have been justified if you went in with the six guns a blazin
Old 25-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Richie Russ

you didn't clarify which nut though

as the only nuts on the camshaft are on the tops of the brg caps....all the rest are bolts

however there is a nut on the cambelt tensioner but this is situated further down the cyl head and is not on the camshaft ????

and please do not get so frustrated so quickly when people are only trying to understand your predicament fully........as you mention that you would not treat people poorly whether it was£8 or £8k and then you shoot chip down when he only re-asked the question many have asked and that you have not answered........and that will only convince people that maybe this companies attitude towards you might have been justified if you went in with the six guns a blazin
Like i have mentioned, i am posting inbetween working, i dont get frustrated easily, it came across as being sarcastic and trying to get a cheap laugh and thats what made me say what i did, telling me that i MUST post something, i will take a picture its not a problem, but i think you have just hit the nail on the head with the tensioner nut, but i will clarify that. No guns blazing here fella..
Old 25-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Anonymous
Banned

I wasnt being sarcastic AT ALL, i just thought you perhaps didnt realise how important that question was to the people who had asked it and i didnt want it getting forgotten so i highlighted it.

Im not taking ANY sides here, never met you or harvey so i have no loyalties to either of you.
Old 25-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Richie Russ

I wasnt being sarcastic AT ALL, i just thought you perhaps didnt realise how important that question was to the people who had asked it and i didnt want it getting forgotten so i highlighted it.

Im not taking ANY sides here, never met you or harvey so i have no loyalties to either of you.
No worries at all mate
Old 25-08-2006, 10:32 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

can we see "the nut" in this picture?

Old 25-08-2006, 11:25 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Does this help identify? is it number 1,2,3 or 4

Name:  IMG_3811-1.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  123.0 KB
Name:  IMG_3799_2-1.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  127.3 KB
Old 25-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Richie Russ

Looks like number 2 to me !!
Old 25-08-2006, 11:31 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

that's the tensioner then
Really hope you get this sorted mate
Old 25-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Richie Russ

Cheers Martin
Old 25-08-2006, 12:01 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

if the tensioner nut came loose, i would normally expect the belt to go slack and the engine internals would all shake hands and say hello

i would be amazed if all that resulted from that is an inlet cam that had jumped 1 tooth. that would make you very lucky, not the unlucky soul that your story tells of
Old 25-08-2006, 12:08 PM
Richie Russ

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
if the tensioner nut came loose, i would normally expect the belt to go slack and the engine internals would all shake hands and say hello

i would be amazed if all that resulted from that is an inlet cam that had jumped 1 tooth. that would make you very lucky, not the unlucky soul that your story tells of
So getting an 8.5k engine back with the cambelt ready to fall off is ok then
Old 25-08-2006, 12:12 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

hi rich see its moved on since the last tim e i spoke to when they where guna leave outside the workshop for you to fetch it ?
Old 25-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Richie Russ

Originally Posted by jaycos
hi rich see its moved on since the last tim e i spoke to when they where guna leave outside the workshop for you to fetch it ?
Yeah Jay, i had to pick it up, you should have seen the state of the car when i got it, totally minging !! but hey, lifes a bitch....
Old 25-08-2006, 12:15 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

i didn't say that
Old 25-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

absolute nightmare in a way im glad i cant afford to have a engine built by a top notch engine builder

and all this takes the fun out of the car to i bet
Old 25-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Richie Russ

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
i didn't say that
Doh, misinterpreted
Old 25-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Porkie...please show me where i have EVER slagged off MAD Mark?

Stu and Karl hell yeah in my IMA Racing days ...all in good fun though as i am sure Karl and Stu would agree now We where all small time then..look at us now...3 growing businesses who all use each other...so have another:-

Quick Reply: My grief with SCS and Harvey Gibbs