General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

My grief with SCS and Harvey Gibbs

Search this Thread

Old 24-08-2006, 03:21 PM
angel45
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cossie Helen
Originally Posted by "angel45
electrics, Fuel filter srapped to my anti roll bar (via 1 cable tie)

Think i will stick with Mark

don't blame you
Old 24-08-2006, 03:22 PM
angel45

Originally Posted by MAD YUM
Originally Posted by angel45
Fuel filter srapped to my anti roll bar (via 1 cable tie)and lots more i wounldn't even piss on the cunt if he was on fire imo

Dean told me about this when he had your car in

Thats top service for ya
i rest my case fella, how's yours coming along?[/quote]

Hello
its all falling into place so soon [/quote]

mate when its done you going to have to take me out for a spin fella
Old 24-08-2006, 03:22 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Here is an extract from the Dti site:

Supply of Goods and Services Act

The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 requires traders to provide services to a proper standard of workmanship. Furthermore, if a definite completion date or a price has not been fixed then the work must be completed within a reasonable time and for a reasonable charge.

Also, any material used or goods supplied in providing the service must be of satisfactory quality.

The law treats failure to meet these obligations as breach of contract and consumers would be entitled to seek redress, if necessary through the civil courts.
Old 24-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As I have said already, how can Harvey be blamed for faulty loom / sensors / disconnected air injectors . He supplied the engine ONLY and did NOT fit it in the car . This has happened over a period of 15 months and in excess of 9,000 miles .
Old 24-08-2006, 03:26 PM
angel45

Originally Posted by Richie Russ
Mate I told you, shame thing happened to me with Spades old engine, Harvey's customer service seems to stop @ mike and his regulars it seems
My car when it left Harvey and it was a timebomb waiting to happen, and after i paid him he had no interest in sorting it out even tho i had just spend 20K with him
I have to totally agree with you there matey and i also agree on the fact that all sensors should be replaced when building such an engine
PM your number lost your old one fella
Old 24-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tonyk

The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 requires traders to provide services to a proper standard of workmanship. Furthermore, if a definite completion date or a price has not been fixed then the work must be completed within a reasonable time and for a reasonable charge.

Also, any material used or goods supplied in providing the service must be of satisfactory quality.

The law treats failure to meet these obligations as breach of contract and consumers would be entitled to seek redress, if necessary through the civil courts.

As mentioned before, a 400bhp highly tuned YB (yes i know people go further but thats still nearly DOUBLE the original output) being "fit for purpose" cant be considered alongside the sort of milages you would expect from a "normal rebuild"

Used hard enough even the worlds best ever 400bhp engine could easily be killed in 5,000 miles.

Try entering the lemans 24 hour with the same one a few times and you will see what i mean

Thats not saying i think only 10K road miles is acceptable, i dont particuarly for how i drive on the road and would expect more, but its VERY dependant on how its driven.

If the owner could prove it was NEVER used to break a speed limit it might be fair to class it as a road engine not a race one i guess
Old 24-08-2006, 03:27 PM
angel45

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
As I have said already, how can Harvey be blamed for faulty loom / sensors / disconnected air injectors . He supplied the engine ONLY and did NOT fit it in the car . This has happened over a period of 15 months and in excess of 9,000 miles .
How about fooking dodgy installs Mike
Old 24-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Richie Russ

Originally Posted by "Mike Rainbird

I was just providing an explanation as to why Harvey wouldn't stand by the engine, he has no idea of how hard the car was driven with it running this amount of boost. The pistons have been idependently checked by 2 other engineering companies and the reason the rings nipped up is due to it running lean. This can only be down to two things - too much boost or not enough fuel. You know and he knows that at some point the car was run with unlimited boost, whether this caused the failure NO-ONE can say, as there were so many things that unfortunately went wrong.

[b
As i have said, EA would have noticed my car hitting unlimited boost, im sure that they are qualified enough for that !! [/b]
Once the boost control had been reconnected, why WOULD he hear any detting? Regarding the headgasket having gone, I have never in all my experience of Harvey engines heard of a WRC gasket failing and this is news to him as well.

But if it had been disconnected for some time and the car been driven, firstly i would notice secondly the car would have detted and someone like Ahmed would notice that im sure.

[[/quote]
You took it to Paul Hills first and THEN Ahmed, but haven't explained why you did this, if everything checked out okay by Paul?

I have explained this, but i will explain again. Harvey wrote on my receipt, check fuelling, so i popped it along to Paul to check the fuelling throughout the rev range as Ahmed was booked up for a while so i got one step ahead of myself, they didnt do anything else and i can get that in writing from Paul Hills, it was then taken to Ahmed for the final set up as recommended after i had paid the money for the engine.

As I stated, Ahmed wouldn't notice any det with the boost control connected. With regard to the boost on the rollers, very few can replicate the load required to get the same boost that is seen on the road, so it may have been down to this - I can only comjecture about this.

But if it wasnt connected and i had been driving it about, surely Ahmed would have noticed something wasn't quite right as i had driven the car, just not too much.[/quote]

Because you have threatened to take him to court, his solicitor has recommended that he retain these for evidence.

So, you're saying he refuses to give me back the parts WHICH ARE LEGALLY MINE ?
You wait until the Inland Revenue hear about his cash payments then, thats just the start of it.

Actually you have just shot yourself in the foot here by admitting that this was changed, as EVERY SINGLE TUNER on here will tell you that if that nut is removed, the tension on the valve springs will cause the cam to jump back a tooth and you wouldn't have even noticed unless you KNEW this happens .

I haven't shot myself in the foot, this was yet another disaster waiting to happen, the guy that changed it for me was the top mechanic at Brands Hatch rally school, his job was to build and maintain cossies, he is currently in the process of building his 2nd one, his work is first class and i trust him more than i would Harvey after all this fiasco !

It may not have been sufficient to cause IMMEDIATE catastrophic failure, but without having stripped the engine down, it would have been IMPOSSIBLE to make that statement....

One minute it is, then it isn't....

Also regarding the supposed head-gasket failure on you way home, I am confused about that, as you said that Harvey didn;t have time to change your bearings OR your brake discs, and he also refused to road test it hard until the loom issue was addressed, how the hell did YOU drive it hard enough to get a WRC gasket to fail without doing ANY other damage to a freshly built engine? [/quote]

Nothing supposed about it, just more shoddy workmanship, imagine how i felt, like i have said, i dont even think that Harvey builds them himself, so other bloke does afaik and whether he is any good or not i dont know, but it doesnt seem so.
Old 24-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

mate when its done you going to have to take me out for a spin fella

Join the que
Old 24-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Anonymous
Banned

****removed by webteam****
Old 24-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Richie Russ

Hi Tony,

Thanks for that, Harvey has got all this info from me, basically, i have a right to a partial refund even after 6 years let alone after just a year

Cheers
Old 24-08-2006, 03:34 PM
seand

[quote="chip-3door"]

NEXT STAB PLEASE!!
Old 24-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

EFE LEARN HOW TO QUOTE PROPERLY YOU MUPPET!

Saw you on Tv the other day mate
Old 24-08-2006, 03:35 PM
angel45

Originally Posted by chip-3door

As mentioned before, a 400bhp highly tuned YB (yes i know people go further but thats still nearly DOUBLE the original output) being "fit for purpose" cant be considered alongside the sort of milages you would expect from a "normal rebuild"

Used hard enough even the worlds best ever 400bhp engine could easily be killed in 5,000 miles.

Try entering the lemans 24 hour with the same one a few times and you will see what i mean

Thats not saying i think only 10K road miles is acceptable, i dont particuarly for how i drive on the road and would expect more, but its VERY dependant on how its driven.

If the owner could prove it was NEVER used to break a speed limit it might be fair to class it as a road engine not a race one i guess
bollocks mate my car gets it just like the missus mate and it hasn't missed a beat, Mikes has done how many miles now, countless trips to the Nurburg and its still going strong
Old 24-08-2006, 03:37 PM
angel45

Originally Posted by Porkie
EFE LEARN HOW TO QUOTE PROPERLY YOU MUPPET!

Saw you on Tv the other day mate
cheers fella
Old 24-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Anonymous
Banned

bollocks mate my car gets it just like the missus mate and it hasn't missed a beat, Mikes has done how many miles now, countless trips to the Nurburg and its still going strong
Indeed, im sure it does, BUT to be classed as a "road engine with road warranty" you cant possibly expect that to be covered by the warranty surely?
Old 24-08-2006, 03:41 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Your joking arent you !!

NO ONE HAS TAMPERED WITH THIS ENGINE,
With regards to the cam timing being out, thats absolute bollox Mike, a locknut was changed as the one Harvey put on it nearly fell off...
Actually you have just shot yourself in the foot here by admitting that this was changed, as EVERY SINGLE TUNER on here will tell you that if that nut is removed, the tension on the valve springs will cause the cam to jump back a tooth and you wouldn't have even noticed unless you KNEW this happens .
I think this may be the cause of the problem.......two people working on one engine, maybe your mate didnt realise he'd knocked the timing back by 18 degrees. Cant blame Harvey for that
Old 24-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Old 24-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 24-08-2006, 03:45 PM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

These are honest niiave questions: would you be able to tell if the timing was out? (even, what seems to me who knows nothing, a small amount) as it was the nut replaced would it be standard practice to check the timing was still ok? (as anything to do with cams/belt/timing could put it out?)

Had the air injector wire ever came off? Would you be able to tell when driving it was running unlimited boost? (if you had a boost gauge wouldn't that go up by silly amounts? You must have an idea what it safe level it should run?)

If the sensors were faulty it would still run fine? Or wouldn't it be noticeable? (when the 4x4 crank sensor went it wouldn't start at all)

Not that its any of my business at all, just trying to understand (maybe it could help people in the future)

Z
Old 24-08-2006, 03:49 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

Richie Russ,
Sorry to hear about your problems here. Although not surprised
Old 24-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Originally Posted by "Mike Rainbird

I was just providing an explanation as to why Harvey wouldn't stand by the engine, he has no idea of how hard the car was driven with it running this amount of boost. The pistons have been idependently checked by 2 other engineering companies and the reason the rings nipped up is due to it running lean. This can only be down to two things - too much boost or not enough fuel. You know and he knows that at some point the car was run with unlimited boost, whether this caused the failure NO-ONE can say, as there were so many things that unfortunately went wrong.

[b
As i have said, EA would have noticed my car hitting unlimited boost, im sure that they are qualified enough for that !! [/b]
SORRY FOR CAPITALS . AS I SAID NOT ON THE ROLLERS, THEY CAN'T LOAD THE CAR UP ENOUGH TO PRODUCE THE BOOST.
Once the boost control had been reconnected, why WOULD he hear any detting? Regarding the headgasket having gone, I have never in all my experience of Harvey engines heard of a WRC gasket failing and this is news to him as well.

But if it had been disconnected for some time and the car been driven, firstly i would notice secondly the car would have detted and someone like Ahmed would notice that im sure.
HOW CAN HE NOTICE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THERE ANYMORE? ONCE IT'S STOPPED DETTING DUE TO THE BOOST CONTROL BEING RECONNECTED, AHMED WOULDN'T NOTICE ANYTHING. THE ONLY WAY HE WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO TELL YOU IF IT WAS DETTING WAS TO RUN IT WITH THE BOOST CONTROL DISCONNECTED AND THEN CHECK IT. BUT IT WOULD BE OBVIOUS THAT THIS IS WHAT WOULD BE HAPPENING WITH THIS DISCONNECTED, AS IT WAS GETTING UNLIMITED BOOST. AS THIS WOULD HAVE ONLY BEEN HAPPENING IN SHORT BURSTS (DEPENDING ON YOUR DRIVING STYLE), IT WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ENOUGH TO LEAD TO AN INSTANT CATASTROPHIC FAILURE (UNLESS THE CAR WAS HELD FLAT OUT).

[
You took it to Paul Hills first and THEN Ahmed, but haven't explained why you did this, if everything checked out okay by Paul?

I have explained this, but i will explain again. Harvey wrote on my receipt, check fuelling, so i popped it along to Paul to check the fuelling throughout the rev range as Ahmed was booked up for a while so i got one step ahead of myself, they didnt do anything else and i can get that in writing from Paul Hills, it was then taken to Ahmed for the final set up as recommended after i had paid the money for the engine.
WE KNOW THAT IS NOT STRICTLY TRUE, AS YOU HAVE ALREADY STATED HE ALSO CHANGED THE CODING IN THE CHIP TO DISPLAY "ENGINE ADVANTAGES" ON THE CHIP, SO THAT WAS SOMETHING ELSE HE DID AND NOT JUST THE FUEL CHECK, AS THIS CAME UP ON AHMED'S PECTEL . WHY WOULD HE ENTER ANY INFO IN THE CHIP IF HE JUST DID A FUEL CHECK .

As I stated, Ahmed wouldn't notice any det with the boost control connected. With regard to the boost on the rollers, very few can replicate the load required to get the same boost that is seen on the road, so it may have been down to this - I can only comjecture about this.

But if it wasnt connected and i had been driving it about, surely Ahmed would have noticed something wasn't quite right as i had driven the car, just not too much.[/quote]
PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW YOU THINK HE WOULD BE ABLE TO?

Because you have threatened to take him to court, his solicitor has recommended that he retain these for evidence.

So, you're saying he refuses to give me back the parts WHICH ARE LEGALLY MINE ?
You wait until the Inland Revenue hear about his cash payments then, thats just the start of it.

HE HAS BEEN ADVISED TO RETAIN THEM AS EVIDENCE, AS THEY SHOW CLEARLY THAT THE ENGINE HAS BEEN RUN LEAN AT SOME POINT. WHETHER THIS WAS DUE TO THE UNLIMITED BOOST OR THE FACT THAT THE SENSORS OR LOOM WAS AT FAULT, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY. HOWEVER, IT WASN'T ANYTHING THAT CAN BE CONTRIBUTED TO HIS ENGINE BUILD.

I haven't shot myself in the foot, this was yet another disaster waiting to happen, the guy that changed it for me was the top mechanic at Brands Hatch rally school, his job was to build and maintain cossies, he is currently in the process of building his 2nd one, his work is first class and i trust him more than i would Harvey after all this fiasco !
WELL IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME ABOUT THE INLET CAM JUMPING BACK A TOOTH WHEN THIS NUT IS REMOVED, ASK ANY OTHER TUNER ON HERE....

It may not have been sufficient to cause IMMEDIATE catastrophic failure, but without having stripped the engine down, it would have been IMPOSSIBLE to make that statement....

One minute it is, then it isn't....
THAT IS THE PROBLEM, YOU HAD FOUR SEPERATE ISSUES:
1. UNLIMITED BOOST
2. FAULTY TPS SIGNAL
3. FAULTY PHASE SIGNAL
4. INCORRECT CAM TIMING OUT BY ONE TOOTH
TRYING TO PIN THE BLAME ON ONE PARTICULAR THING IS IMPOSSIBLE, AS THEY ALL COULD / WOULD HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO YOUR PROBLEM .

Also regarding the supposed head-gasket failure on you way home, I am confused about that, as you said that Harvey didn;t have time to change your bearings OR your brake discs, and he also refused to road test it hard until the loom issue was addressed, how the hell did YOU drive it hard enough to get a WRC gasket to fail without doing ANY other damage to a freshly built engine? [/quote]

Nothing supposed about it, just more shoddy workmanship, imagine how i felt, like i have said, i dont even think that Harvey builds them himself, so other bloke does afaik and whether he is any good or not i dont know, but it doesnt seem so.[/quote]
SO WHY DID YOU NOT ALLOW HARVEY TO TAKE THE CAR BACK WHEN HE OFFERED TO PICK IT UP FREE OF CHARGE? YOU SEE WHEN HE BELIEVES THE PROBLEM COULD BE DOWN TO HIM, HE REACTS TO IT. WITH THE SENSORS, BOOST CONTROL & CAM TIMING, HE KNEW IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS ENGINE BUILD....
Richie Russ

Originally Posted by MattRS1600i
Your joking arent you !!

With regards to the cam timing being out, thats absolute bollox Mike, a locknut was changed as the one Harvey put on it nearly fell off...
I think this may be the cause of the problem.......two people working on one engine, maybe your mate didnt realise he'd knocked the timing back by 18 degrees. Cant blame Harvey for that
More a case of getting someone competent to do it rather than again trek to Peterborough from Kent, then back and back again and again !! trust me this chappie knows his stuff and is also willing to testify for me
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by SECS
Richie Russ,
Sorry to hear about your problems here. Although not surprised
Simon whens the focus rs secs gauge gonna be ready please
Old 24-08-2006, 03:55 PM
It's Czech Mate

Your joking arent you !!

More a case of getting someone competent to do it rather than again trek to Peterborough from Kent, then back and back again and again !! trust me this chappie knows his stuff and is also willing to testify for me
Clearly not! he did change the nut and the cam timing was 18 degrees out, so you can dispense with the

I can get several mates to testify that i was there when Buzz Aldrin stepped onto the moon
Old 24-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

18 degree's of crank is a long way
Old 24-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Have got the two intercoolers i need now.

This post fucking RULES for advertising

anyone want to buy an Alfa 146 twinspark while im on a roll?
Old 24-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Richie Russ

SORRY FOR CAPITALS . AS I SAID NOT ON THE ROLLERS, THEY CAN'T LOAD THE CAR UP ENOUGH TO PRODUCE THE BOOST.

No bother but if i had no boost control, surely it wouldnt need loading up to produce the boost ?

HOW CAN HE NOTICE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THERE ANYMORE? ONCE IT'S STOPPED DETTING DUE TO THE BOOST CONTROL BEING RECONNECTED, AHMED WOULDN'T NOTICE ANYTHING. THE ONLY WAY HE WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO TELL YOU IF IT WAS DETTING WAS TO RUN IT WITH THE BOOST CONTROL DISCONNECTED AND THEN CHECK IT. BUT IT WOULD BE OBVIOUS THAT THIS IS WHAT WOULD BE HAPPENING WITH THIS DISCONNECTED, AS IT WAS GETTING UNLIMITED BOOST. AS THIS WOULD HAVE ONLY BEEN HAPPENING IN SHORT BURSTS (DEPENDING ON YOUR DRIVING STYLE), IT WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ENOUGH TO LEAD TO AN INSTANT CATASTROPHIC FAILURE (UNLESS THE CAR WAS HELD FLAT OUT).

But surely, if i have no boost control, it wouldn't drive properly at all which i would notice IMMEDIATELY if i put my foot down which is a rare occasion for me, but it does happen..

WE KNOW THAT IS NOT STRICTLY TRUE, AS YOU HAVE ALREADY STATED HE ALSO CHANGED THE CODING IN THE CHIP TO DISPLAY "ENGINE ADVANTAGES" ON THE CHIP, SO THAT WAS SOMETHING ELSE HE DID AND NOT JUST THE FUEL CHECK, AS THIS CAME UP ON AHMED'S PECTEL . WHY WOULD HE ENTER ANY INFO IN THE CHIP IF HE JUST DID A FUEL CHECK .

Erm, no, no values in the ECU were changed at any time, fact.

PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW YOU THINK HE WOULD BE ABLE TO?

As in between getting the fuelling checked and mapping was a short time, but enough for the engine to go bang if it was hitting silly boost when it was driven.

HE HAS BEEN ADVISED TO RETAIN THEM AS EVIDENCE, AS THEY SHOW CLEARLY THAT THE ENGINE HAS BEEN RUN LEAN AT SOME POINT. WHETHER THIS WAS DUE TO THE UNLIMITED BOOST OR THE FACT THAT THE SENSORS OR LOOM WAS AT FAULT, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY. HOWEVER, IT WASN'T ANYTHING THAT CAN BE CONTRIBUTED TO HIS ENGINE BUILD.

Thats fine, if he refuses to give the pistons back which as i say are legally mine, then thats another string to my bow.

WELL IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME ABOUT THE INLET CAM JUMPING BACK A TOOTH WHEN THIS NUT IS REMOVED, ASK ANY OTHER TUNER ON HERE....

Its not a case of disbelieving you Mike, it may well happen, i just find it VERY hard to believe knowing the guy that changed it for me !!

THAT IS THE PROBLEM, YOU HAD FOUR SEPERATE ISSUES:
1. UNLIMITED BOOST
2. FAULTY TPS SIGNAL
3. FAULTY PHASE SIGNAL
4. INCORRECT CAM TIMING OUT BY ONE TOOTH
TRYING TO PIN THE BLAME ON ONE PARTICULAR THING IS IMPOSSIBLE, AS THEY ALL COULD / WOULD HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO YOUR PROBLEM .

Like i say, the car was fine when it left Ahmed, everything was perfect, so it seems VERY suspect that all the above was wrong when it was given a clean bill of health.

SO WHY DID YOU NOT ALLOW HARVEY TO TAKE THE CAR BACK WHEN HE OFFERED TO PICK IT UP FREE OF CHARGE? YOU SEE WHEN HE BELIEVES THE PROBLEM COULD BE DOWN TO HIM, HE REACTS TO IT. WITH THE SENSORS, BOOST CONTROL & CAM TIMING, HE KNEW IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS ENGINE BUILD....[/quote]

Because i was and am fed up with keep taking my car back time and time again after all these problem with the engine, why did the head gasket go, why was there oil pissing out of every corner, why did the cap snap, it all adds up to a very suspect build to me and i would rather someone i trust sort the car out, i think thats fair enough.
Old 24-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Richie Russ

Your joking arent you !!

Clearly not! he did change the nut and the cam timing was 18 degrees out, so you can dispense with the

I can get several mates to testify that i was there when Buzz Aldrin stepped onto the moon

Matt, kindly fuck off you twat
Old 24-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

As I said Rich, I do feel for you.

I had a similar issue, I was ragging the car (my old Sierra) and the vacuum hose came off the fuel regulator (therefore meaning that it didn't know to supply more fuel pressure with the rise in boost ).

After hard acceleration runs at three figure speeds, I could feel something wasn't quite right and pulled into petrol station, only to notice the vaccum hose for the regulator was hanging off . I "thought" I was lucky, as there was no smoke or anything, so I assumed I had got away with it . But later that night on a "high speed" run, number two and three pistons nipped up (same as yours), and this was because the "damage" had already been done with the lack of fuel pressure, but at the time it was not catastrophic damage until I compounded it by ragging the shit out of it .

Regarding the unlimited boost issue, what boost exactly was your car running AFTER it came away from Paul Hills and before Ahmed saw it?
Old 24-08-2006, 04:21 PM
Richie Russ

As I said Rich, I do feel for you.

Regarding the unlimited boost issue, what boost exactly was your car running AFTER it came away from Paul Hills and before Ahmed saw it?
No worries Mike, it'll get sorted out in the end, i don't and won't blame you for sticking up for him.

It was holding slightly more boost but it was only a base map that Ahmed put in it, they did not change the ECU's programme, that's a fact Mike, call Paul Hills and ask him.

Really, its not about money, if i was short of dough i wouldn't spend what i have, its more a case of decent customer service and assistance which i feel have been very negative from day one and i feel i should be compensated for what he has charged me and the faults that i have had.
Old 24-08-2006, 04:22 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Chip the law is the law and what you have posted on about has no baring on anything. You cant state no guarantee or warranty on an item as this breaks the Sale of Goods act. While Engine building and tuning is a minefield the price charges reflects that.

Edited to add, I have no preference on the outcome of this case but would obviously like to see the correct outcome acheived.
Old 24-08-2006, 04:22 PM
It's Czech Mate

Your joking arent you !!

Only one twat here, no need to be rude I was just pointing out that anybody can get a mate to say anything, I really feel for you after £11k, but if you dont have the 100% knowledge to do the job yourself how can you expect to project manage it between a pro tuner and your mate, too many cooks, neither of which will want to admit a shortfall in knowledge or skills!!!!!

You cant really prove your pal didnt fuck the cam timing up so it's hardly fair slagging Harvey for that Case closed IMO
Old 24-08-2006, 04:23 PM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

So the real issue here is.. "faulty ancillary destroyed my £8,5k engine"

Surely you have a boost gauge?

It's a bit like blaming a builder your house burnt down because of a faulty gas fire you put in after the build
Old 24-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Richie Russ

Your joking arent you !!

Only one twat here, no need to be rude I was just pointing out that anybody can get a mate to say anything, I really feel for you after £11k, but if you dont have the 100% knowledge to do the job yourself how can you expect to project manage it between a pro tuner and your mate, too many cooks, neither of which will want to admit a shortfall in knowledge or skills!!!!!

You cant really prove your pal didnt fuck the cam timing up so it's hardly fair slagging Harvey for that Case closed IMO
Its not up to you to say whether the case is closed or not as clearly you know nothing about all this, i havent even done anything myself anyway, i have left it up to 1 x experienced engine builder and 1 x experienced engine builder, car builder, tuner, etc etc to change a fucking nut !!

He isn't a MATE as such, he is a neighbour who knows his Cossies inside out, you can even ask DaveEscos about his quality of work.

Now jog on fella..
Old 24-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Ryan
15K+ Super Poster!!

personally i think sensors and looms should be changed on all new build, as it then rules them out of the equation.
Old 24-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Richie Russ

Originally Posted by jameswrx
So the real issue here is.. "faulty ancillary destroyed my £8,5k engine"

Surely you have a boost gauge?

It's a bit like blaming a builder your house burnt down because of a faulty gas fire you put in after the build
James, its not just about the pistons, its also about the oil leaks, the head gasket going, the cam cap snapping, the customer service, the money, time and effort spent on a product that clearly isnt capable of doing what was said...
Old 24-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

After hard acceleration runs at three figure speeds,
i can vouch for that because i was in the car that night

was the first proper quick car i had been in

shame about the evo "race"
Old 24-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Chris Honeywell
Advanced PassionFord User

Sorry to hear all your grief m8
but you aint gonna win on this board..
Just one thing though how do you know that the pistons he is keeping as proof are the ones that came out of your car????

Whats he do mark em with a felt tip pen when he 1st put them in

And as for the air inj wire being loose??
for all we know it may of been lose for what 5 mins or 3 weeks

Quick Reply: My grief with SCS and Harvey Gibbs