General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Boost gauge advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006 | 07:18 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Default Boost gauge advice

just got my a pillar trims back from r and b motorsport, all modified and ready to accept my 60mm apexi gauge.

cheers mike they look wicked

just a quick question, when it comes to fitting, wheres the easiest place to take the light feed from (illumination) closest to the a-pillar.

Also where is the best place to t-off for the bosst hose? on the ecu hose, FPR hose etc?

cheers guys

rory

Old 09-08-2006 | 07:27 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Default Re: Boost gauge advice

Originally Posted by gingeRS
just got my a pillar trims back from r and b motorsport, all modified and ready to accept my 60mm apexi gauge.

just a quick question, when it comes to fitting, wheres the easiest place to take the light feed from (illumination) closest to the a-pillar.

Also where is the best place to t-off for the bosst hose? on the ecu hose, FPR hose etc?

cheers guys

rory

You need to take the feed off the lighting circuit, so that backlight only comes on with lights.

You need to tee into the vacuum take off that feeds the dump valve. This is usually the one to the left of the brown ACT sensor in the middle of the plenum. Do not use the fuel pressure or the MAP sensor ones, as you don't want to run the risk of anything going wrong with these (by creating three additional areas it can leak from).

Glad you're happy, invoice will follow shortly, as I'm a few days behind at the moment .
Old 09-08-2006 | 07:35 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird

cheers guys

rory

You need to take the feed off the lighting circuit, so that backlight only comes on with lights.

WHERE DO I FIND THIS FEED CLOSEST TO THE A-PILLAR, BEHIND THE CLOCKS, IF SO WHAT COLOUR

You need to tee into the vacuum take off that feeds the dump valve. This is usually the one to the left of the brown ACT sensor in the middle of the plenum. Do not use the fuel pressure or the MAP sensor ones, as you don't want to run the risk of anything going wrong with these (by creating three additional areas it can leak from).

WILL HAVE A LOOK FORTHIS TONIGHT, ITS BLANKED AS I HAVE NO DUMP VALVE

Glad you're happy, invoice will follow shortly, as I'm a few days behind at the moment .

[CHEERS, its all paid for already
Old 09-08-2006 | 11:18 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

bttt

if anyone knows where to wire the gauge too?

Old 09-08-2006 | 01:40 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

WHERE DO I FIND THIS FEED CLOSEST TO THE A-PILLAR, BEHIND THE CLOCKS, IF SO WHAT COLOUR

There is sidelight (grey/yellow or grey) and earth (brown) on the back of any of the 4 switches to the right of the instrument cluster.

[CHEERS, its all paid for already

I know, I just haven't sent your invoice yet
Old 09-08-2006 | 01:43 PM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cheers mike

Old 09-08-2006 | 01:51 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

you could be clever and wire it into the dimmer switch