General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

PARANOIA!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 24-07-2006, 09:18 PM
OldSkoolRS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PARANOIA!!!!!!

I've got a car up for sale at the mo and I've had two dodgy phone calls off (perhaps) the same person....

both 0208 numbers, both allegedly from Wimbledon, both asked exactly the same questions and both desperate to knock a grand off the asking price, both want to view it tomorrow so now they have my address!

There's something I can't quite put my finger on but I reckon they're wrong 'uns.....

I've just spent two hours clearing all the shite out of the garage so I can hide it tonight.

I HATE SELLING CARS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24-07-2006, 09:31 PM
DUDE_SWEET_FRST
Advanced PassionFord User

i hate that feeling to.

make sure some1 else is there in the house with you etc, make sure you have a crow bar to hand, and yes make sure you can block the car in just incase
Old 24-07-2006, 09:33 PM
OldSkoolRS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

They're also desperate to pay cash (Ł13k for a car they've never viewed?!?!)

Might just phone them up and fook them off tomorrow morning.
Old 24-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Arrange to meet anyone a mile or two from your house - thats what i doo.
Old 24-07-2006, 10:30 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Do not go on the test drive alone! Take a mate with you in the back and leave another mate at your house.

Keep the keys on you at all times.

Take the registration of there car on there arrival.

To late now but as said usually meet a little way off then if they seem genuin, return home to close the deal.

If possible keep the car else where for a night or two, if they do return they will find and empty garage. Failing that stick another car on the drive, poss even jack up and remove a wheel so they can push it off the drive with any speed. The cler the drive when they are due in the morning.

Do not switch places on the test drive with the engine running. Do not keep any document in the car.

Keep an eye out, has the car they arrived in suddenly re appeared behind you on the test drive, if so be wary of stopping anywhere where they can over power you and take the car.

It may just be 2 mates after the car, one buyer and one friend chasing round for him. Or just to peeps fromthe same area that both want that car, may have been inspired by a similar car in the area.

Just keep them wits about you.

Also, keep in mind the fact that you don't want to appear like you have a possy with you, will be intimadating to a buyer, you stay close, one mate stays in the house and the other just stands back and gives them some room.