General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Latest on my car regarding Jamsport!

Search this Thread

Old 15-07-2006, 11:09 AM
MAD EVO 4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well put Jamie

Old 15-07-2006, 11:20 AM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Seem fair enough that does
Old 15-07-2006, 11:32 AM
Anonymous
Banned

I always say the best way to judge a company is by how they handle it when things go wrong

Nice one jamie
Old 15-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Speedy Gonzalez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well done Jamie

well done to Nick as well for not coming on here and slagging them off
too many people are quick to slag off companies but Nick didn't
Old 15-07-2006, 12:55 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Well played Jamie......I kind of felt a bit bad because I wholeheartedly recommended Nick to you myself. Glad you're sorting him out......he's had a stinker of a time with his car and hes a good lad
Old 15-07-2006, 01:14 PM
Poom
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

It is all sorted now and thanks to Jamie for sorting it out! Was half asleep when he called me this morning but I am sorry if I came across as trying to put people off I know it looks like it from reading back but that was not what I wanted to do...I just wanted some advice and I do feel bad about it now

Hopefully everything will be sorted and it will be running nicely again and I can sell it

Customer Service has been great and I guess I am to blame for being a bit inconsiderate before opening my mouth!
Old 15-07-2006, 01:15 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Poom
inconsiderate before opening my mouth!
No fucking change there then is there Doris!
Old 15-07-2006, 01:16 PM
MAD EVO 4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 15-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Speedy Gonzalez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

glad to see everything turned out ok!
Old 15-07-2006, 02:58 PM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

A customer has paid for a service and unfortunatly a problem has cropped up and done some damage, BUT its at that point you really find out what sort of company you are dealing with and in this case Jamsport have done the decent thing and are rectifing these problems that the customer has encountered.

Its only bad publicy if they do nothing to rectify the cutomers problems.

I wonder how many pther car tuning places would have said "nothing to do with us, not our problem, see you in court if you think you can prove it". Because theres a hell of a lot of places like that out there (worst one i remember hearing was BSW and Jims that caught fire after they worked on it )

Glad to hear JamSport arent like that
Old 15-07-2006, 03:13 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

what happened with jims then?
i know he collected it and then the fire brigade were knocking on his door as they were putting it out but nothing else
Old 15-07-2006, 04:59 PM
turbine gt28

nice to see you got things sorted nick wish i could say the same for my brother-in-law,after spending over five thousand pounds on his series 2 rst at jamsport on the following gotech management,fully worked head,rear wheel bearing,plus more,to only get half way home after picking it up to a misfire,pulling into the nearest garage he checked oil + water but couldn't see a problem so drove steadily home,he then phoned jamsport who were very helpful and arranged to pick the car up and check it out,on which they told him that his head gasket had failed and had replaced it, he then picked the car up for a second time to only get half way home again to the same problem. After getting it home safely again he then phoned jamsport who then told him they would phone back, three days later he phoned back as he had no reply to be told the same again, that they would get back to him. Had no reply so his step-dad then took a look at it to discover water was leaking and thought another suspect headgasket had gone. On removal of the head and inspecting the gasket there was actually no damage to the gasket or the face of the head which lead him to strip the head and find a hole in the water journal of the head due to over polishing. In finding this information he phoned and informed jamsport to which they replied they would inform jamie who would "phone him back". After another two days passed he lost interest and faith in them and proceeded to let his step-dad to do the work that was needed which involved a new virgin head, 2 headgasket sets as one mfi and one efi for gotech, plus arp bolts and awaiting setup at harvey gibbs. Nice to see a smile on his face and the car back on the road at last!!
Old 15-07-2006, 05:47 PM
NIMRODS_RST
MISSING MY RST!!

good to here jamies side of the story
Old 15-07-2006, 05:57 PM
andre_k
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by turbine gt28
nice to see you got things sorted nick wish i could say the same for my brother-in-law,after spending over five thousand pounds on his series 2 rst at jamsport on the following gotech management,fully worked head,rear wheel bearing,plus more,to only get half way home after picking it up to a misfire,pulling into the nearest garage he checked oil + water but couldn't see a problem so drove steadily home,he then phoned jamsport who were very helpful and arranged to pick the car up and check it out,on which they told him that his head gasket had failed and had replaced it, he then picked the car up for a second time to only get half way home again to the same problem. After getting it home safely again he then phoned jamsport who then told him they would phone back, three days later he phoned back as he had no reply to be told the same again, that they would get back to him. Had no reply so his step-dad then took a look at it to discover water was leaking and thought another suspect headgasket had gone. On removal of the head and inspecting the gasket there was actually no damage to the gasket or the face of the head which lead him to strip the head and find a hole in the water journal of the head due to over polishing. In finding this information he phoned and informed jamsport to which they replied they would inform jamie who would "phone him back". After another two days passed he lost interest and faith in them and proceeded to let his step-dad to do the work that was needed which involved a new virgin head, 2 headgasket sets as one mfi and one efi for gotech, plus arp bolts and awaiting setup at harvey gibbs. Nice to see a smile on his face and the car back on the road at last!!

full stops matey, will help us understand...

also 5k for Gotech, worked head and a fooking rear wheel bearing? bollocks!

Looks like Jamie has done/will do all he can to help Nick

and i doubt that HE'D need to knick a road angel FFS

Hes a very honest bloke who is one of the best in his field, and id recommend him and his company every time
Old 18-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Poom
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

right,

Dropped the car off yesterday and picked it up today and Jamie has done a quality job with it! I apologise to Jamie and the chaps at Jamsport for the post and questioning their work as it has been top notch and I would recommend them as their work is excellent it was me being a drama queen worrying about the car I guess!

Sorry chaps!
Old 18-07-2006, 03:58 PM
andre_k
PassionFord Post Troll

Glad its sorted mate

Nice one Pramsport
Old 18-07-2006, 04:12 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

result