General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Maria help thread

Search this Thread

Old 13-08-2004, 03:41 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by McPikie
SHUT UP, JUST FUCKING SHUT THE FUCK UP THE FUCKING LOT OF YOU
Ah, you not getting any at the moment mate
Old 13-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SHUT UP, JUST FUCKING SHUT THE FUCK UP THE FUCKING LOT OF YOU

Mcpikie you had me in fits reading that!!

but i totally agree! im really really sorry guys if ive caused an awkward atmosphere on here, i really really havent meant to!!

but thankya for keeping me spirits up!!!
Old 13-08-2004, 03:46 PM
N8THN
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Default Re: Maria help thread

Maria - you shouldn't take this that personally.

Originally Posted by Ima-Racing500
Who is up for donating a tenner to help poor Maria get her car fixed?
It was a post on page one by Ima, an open question where he was wondering if it was a good idea. Sorry, but no i dont think it was a good idea, and i decided to post that.

discodenkelly - what do you mean by there is a time and a place to post something. Surely this is the place and today is probably the right time. when would you suggest? And as for belittling someone's character, i dont think i have done this in the slightest. whats with all this slagging off, who have i slagged off.

If I dont have a point, and donations to this non charitable cause is a fully acceptable thing, then why are they now not being accepted? Just curious Maria!
Old 13-08-2004, 03:47 PM
McPikie
Banned

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Ah, you not getting any at the moment mate
Getting more than enough mate, just sick of seeing everyone getting on her case
Old 13-08-2004, 03:48 PM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

Default Re: Maria help thread

Originally Posted by N8THN
Maria - you shouldn't take this that personally.
After ALL she's been through surely you can see why Maria takes this personally....I WOULD!
Old 13-08-2004, 03:49 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

No-one's on her case mate................ Maria and I shout at each other over text messages anyway, so no worries
Old 13-08-2004, 03:53 PM
N8THN

Originally Posted by McPikie

Its a shame to see such a nice thought go to shit because some people can't learn to keep stum and leave their childish comments for some post thats funny.
Why should peope keep stum, that is the point i dont understand and why is it a childish comment!!! I am simply voicing my opinion about a forum that i use saying that i am against the idea of a financial charitable fund for a non charitable case. Is that such a wrong thing to do?

This isn't a personal dig at Maria, i am sure she is a lovely lass, I am making the point for future situations. I can imagine a similar situation happening to someone next week, and the week after and so on. Are we going to simply have a fund every week. The way some of you guys are thinking, then yeah we would. i am just saying that that would be ridiculous.
Old 13-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

why are they now not being accepted? Just curious Maria!
i never said i wouldnt accept them!!!
i said i havent had any!

Getting more than enough mate, just sick of seeing everyone getting on her case
Cheers McPikie, but it only seems to be the chuckle brothers that have a problem with all of this!

After ALL she's been through surely you can see why Maria takes this personally....I WOULD
cheers sunny!
Old 13-08-2004, 03:55 PM
N8THN

sunny - it aint about Maria, its about the situation and for future situations. Surely you can see that!
Old 13-08-2004, 03:58 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by maria
it only seems to be the chuckle brothers that have a problem with all of this!

Quality

Glad to see you buck the trend of a dumb blonde then darling
Old 13-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

You just have to steep that little bit lower dont you?! You just couldnt help yaself but throw low personal comments into the equation!

I really dont need to go into telling you the amount of GCSE's i have, A Levels or Diplomas, but beleieve me rich, i aint no dumb blonde!

Just an incredibly funny one!!
Old 13-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Ztee24
Advanced PassionFord User

where are my posts going to?? They are dissapearing?
I can give you parts from USA!
Old 13-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Disabled Account
Banned

qoute: I really dont need to go into telling you the amount of GCSE's i have, A Levels or Diplomas, but beleieve me rich, i aint no dumb blonde!

Just an incredibly funny one!!

Best leave it at that Richard - she wins!..........
Old 13-08-2004, 04:05 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Oh for god's sake

Educated you may be, but it seems that irony detection passed you by

Typical - sense of humour when you're dishing it out, but not when it comes back at ya................

I was being IRONIC.

IT WAS A JOKE.

Old 13-08-2004, 04:10 PM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

N8THN - I see your point however concentrating on the current situation I am sure if you were in her situation and as I said before going by all that she's been through anyone would be in a very upset frame of mind (especially females with all the horemones etc...sorry! LOL). I'd by totally fucked off and not be able to reply in a senseable manner on here by now. After everything see been through she still replying on a sensible level...this you have to rate. Also lets look at it from another angle, as I said before Bromiester has already said that he is building and installing the engine, Mark is in touch advising his analysis, the person who sold the engine (sorry mate I forgot your name) is helping out with parts etc. Also Mark has checked the engine and agree's that SCC were right in saying the engine was fooked. With all of these positive things going on it's such a good feeling for everyone....I can hardly believe the Ford scene would ever get like this and help eachother out so well. Bit like when we are at events like TOTB or Brunters....always really good to see folk help eachother out. Why take it lower again!?

Thanks - Sunny.
Old 13-08-2004, 04:12 PM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

On the subject of qualifications...Ranj has a criminal record. Does that count?
Old 13-08-2004, 04:13 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Doug Stirling
Doug,

It was a good comeback, but I'm not entirely uneducated

Sunny - point well made.
Old 13-08-2004, 04:20 PM
Krazy Kim
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Go McPikie Go McPikie Go.....
Old 13-08-2004, 04:23 PM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sunny
I can beat that i got 3......

and i bet there are at least 6 people on here that can beat 3......pmsl
Old 13-08-2004, 04:27 PM
sti4scoobylass
Virgin

A charity is an organisation designed to help people who cant help themselves, and Maria aint in this situation.

Surely i am allowed to voice my opinion on a public board.[/quote]

yes you are...you did...........bye bye

why do you feel the need to harp on and on and on and on about it?

I can imagine a similar situation happening to someone next week, and the week after and so on. Are we going to simply have a fund every week.
....well........yes!, if some kind person wants to put a post up ....what is your problem!

What because i cant understand why, on a public forum there is a post for donations towards a cause that i dont agree with.
then dont read them!...simple. Any post that mentions helping someone out....DONT READ IT if it upsets you so much!
Old 13-08-2004, 04:32 PM
Krazy Kim

Quote:
What because i cant understand why, on a public forum there is a post for donations towards a cause that i dont agree with.

then dont read them!...simple. Any post that mentions helping someone out....DONT READ IT if it upsets you so much!
Old 13-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Phil
Jeebus

Big G, we all pay our help to Joshua in the way of that not so little thing that comes out of our pay each month called tax! (Some of us even pay extra for private health so we don't/will not use much of the NHS anyway!) Whether people wan't to choose to pay extra on his site is up to them, but I think it is BANG out of order calling people all the names under the sun for wanting to help out someone they know with something they can relate to of their own choice without even being asked!

N8THN, you have made your point in your first post, it is a very valid one, BUT the fact you keep posting the same thing for the last 2 or 3 pages (i.e. calling her a charity case and telling others they are wrong for wanting to help) tells me you are either a) Jealous (you do seem to get rather clicky when people say this!) or b) stuck on the same fucking record! Change it! You are exactly the same as people that post on other peoples for sale ads saying the item is a rip off or just plain shit. What is the point?? There isn't one! you are not helping yourself and you are not helping anyone else! Spend your time doing something useful!

Maria has not once asked for help or even mentioned the thought of it. I think it is great of people such as Zoo/Stu etc to offer their TIME helping out someone. Remember, it is not all wasted time for the company helping them out! Lots of companies donate to charity you know, something about business reputation! Financial contributions, are a bit of an odd one, and as of yet no one has contributed anything financially, but if people want to do it, and Maria wants to accept it then that should be her decision and I for one won't think anything less of her for doing so! Giving gifts to cheer someone up isn't unheard of you know!

I have been through the same as you N8THN when I melted my engine, as have lots of other on this site, (many more than once!) yet you seem to be the only one who has to think like this, and repeat it so much!
Old 13-08-2004, 05:23 PM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Steve @ SCC
Originally Posted by sunny
I can beat that i got 3......

and i bet there are at least 6 people on here that can beat 3......pmsl
ROTFL - Spot on mate!

Originally Posted by Phil
Big G, we all pay our help to Joshua in the way of that not so little thing that comes out of our pay each month called tax! (Some of us even pay extra for private health so we don't/will not use much of the NHS anyway!) Whether people wan't to choose to pay extra on his site is up to them, but I think it is BANG out of order calling people all the names under the sun for wanting to help out someone they know with something they can relate to of their own choice without even being asked!

N8THN, you have made your point in your first post, it is a very valid one, BUT the fact you keep posting the same thing for the last 2 or 3 pages (i.e. calling her a charity case and telling others they are wrong for wanting to help) tells me you are either a) Jealous (you do seem to get rather clicky when people say this!) or b) stuck on the same fucking record! Change it! You are exactly the same as people that post on other peoples for sale ads saying the item is a rip off or just plain shit. What is the point?? There isn't one! you are not helping yourself and you are not helping anyone else! Spend your time doing something useful!

Maria has not once asked for help or even mentioned the thought of it. I think it is great of people such as Zoo/Stu etc to offer their TIME helping out someone. Remember, it is not all wasted time for the company helping them out! Lots of companies donate to charity you know, something about business reputation! Financial contributions, are a bit of an odd one, and as of yet no one has contributed anything financially, but if people want to do it, and Maria wants to accept it then that should be her decision and I for one won't think anything less of her for doing so! Giving gifts to cheer someone up isn't unheard of you know!

I have been through the same as you N8THN when I melted my engine, as have lots of other on this site, (many more than once!) yet you seem to be the only one who has to think like this, and repeat it so much!
Totally agree. Fucks sake I think you moving down to Uxbridge has made you talk sence....like me ofcourse!

Posh Bird - relax hun....easy now.

I think everyone knows the score now and Phil has illistrated it wonderfully.

A big to the haters and a big to all the understanding and helpful people.

Thanks - Sunny.
Old 13-08-2004, 05:41 PM
N8THN

correct me if i am wrong but what is this thread all about, donating money to someone.

I know i might be going on and yes my point was made in my first post but it hasn't seemed to have got across and therefore i have had to say it once or twice more for those with less GCSE's than Maria

"Lots of companies donate to charity you know, something about business reputation!"

I thought i previosuly got told i was wrong for saying that this is a charity case. I have been told it is definately not a charity case.

"but I think it is BANG out of order calling people all the names under the sun for wanting to help out someone they know with something they can relate to of their own choice without even being asked!"

But i haven't called anyone any names and this post is to generate donations from people she doesn't know, started by someone she doesn't know.

Phil - a bit unfair. It is not like jumping on people's for sale posts. This was an idea that was voiced by someone asking whether it was a good idea. I sure as hell wouldn't sell my car asking if people thought it is fairly priced. sort it out.

Anyway, i am off and i hope this post is too. I would like to wish maria the best of luck with her car and everyone else for having a good old row with me. Its good to get it all out your system.
Old 13-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil
Unfortunatly for Joshua the NHS dont have the facilities to cater for Joshua's development therefore it has to be funded from his parent's pocket.
Maybe it's just me with a bee in my bonnet but i would feel better in myself knowing i have done something to give a poor kid a better chance in what he has had so far of a life rather than help out someone who is currently not enjoying cossie ownership (yes, ive been there and it suck's).

I am sure i didnt call people all the names under the sun on here, they were muttered to my dog who was smelling her own fart's.
Old 13-08-2004, 05:43 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

I dont give a fuck if the people I help have tits money or not and if week after week people on here help each other.

This makes this BB bad

Now I cant see a problem with this
Old 13-08-2004, 05:48 PM
Krazy Kim

Originally Posted by Less
I dont give a fuck if the people I help have tits money or not and if week after week people on here help each other.

This makes this BB bad

What's tits money? A new form of currency Less?
Old 13-08-2004, 05:50 PM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Krazy Kim
Originally Posted by Less

This makes this BB bad

What's tits money? A new form of currency Less?
If so I'll take it...within reason.
Old 13-08-2004, 05:51 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Sorry sure a couple of pages back posted something sensible had to correct that and fit it with all the other bollox that has appeared on this thread
Old 13-08-2004, 06:02 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

This is indeed a pickle of a situation, i can see Maria`s point of view I can also see the one that N8thn posted. And I aslo agree with Big G whos example of plight and donations is indeed the most valid of the two and in my opinion I bet the close friends./family of that wee fella would gave everything they had to make him better.

This can be argued both ways to and fro with people on one side or the other. Personally if this was me I would not accept the offer of any cash, however I would accept the offer of Free labour/services from peeps as this is called getting a favour and I can always owe them 1 back.

Maria I dont know u nor probably never will but no disrespect to u, if u accept the cash (note next words) some people will always know u as the girl who had her car fixed/paid for by passionford and belive it was because your a female who is a bit of a looker(from pics posted). Im not saying I personally belive in this, but this is the situation you may face and this is the whispering that has/will go on behind your back for time to come im afraid. It is indeed a sad situation that when some people help that it is taken out of context for why are they helping.

So please do not take this from me meaning i think ur a charity case or anything, im just pointing out what u may have to bare, should u accept cash donations. Anyway good luck whatever you choose and good to see some of the traders giving something back to the customers for free!!.
Old 13-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Ztee24

ding ding ding....round..um...12!!!!
Can't we all just get along???!!!
Old 13-08-2004, 06:12 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ztee can u please edit ur post so it does not make it look like im starting a fight with this girl, this is a public forum as stated by users on here frequently. I couldnt care less or think more/less of her if the girl accepts the money or not but surely there is more to it than that for her to consider; ie what will her boyfriend/partner say about men donating money to her, can she take people talking about her like i mentioned above. My post was not intended to be cynical of her or anything merely offering her advice on what she can expect.

An example of sacrifice is posted in your husbands/fiance sig "where is my cossie, its on zt`d left hand" so he sacrificed something to gain something which is maybe what Maria has or may have to do.
Old 13-08-2004, 06:13 PM
lancia delta 6 times WRC
PassionFord Regular

Everyone knows someone with a hard luck tale, but most people just put it behind them and move on.

If you cant afford to run is it wise owning such a car in the first place???????

or do as most on here would do save up and fix it.

SHIT HAPPENS
Old 13-08-2004, 06:21 PM
Ztee24

Originally Posted by tonyk
ztee can u please edit ur post so it does not make it look like im starting a fight with this girl, this is a public forum as stated by users on here frequently. I couldnt care less or think more/less of her if the girl accepts the money or not but surely there is more to it than that for her to consider; ie what will her boyfriend/partner say about men donating money to her, can she take people talking about her like i mentioned above. My post was not intended to be cynical of her or anything merely offering her advice on what she can expect.

An example of sacrifice is posted in your husbands/fiance sig "where is my cossie, its on zt`d left hand" so he sacrificed something to gain something which is maybe what Maria has or may have to do.
WTF????? I AM NOT EDITING ANYTHING, IF U CANT TAKE A JOKE ON HERE,THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU
MY POST WAS NOT A THREAT....AND I HAVE BEEN ON HERE A LONG TIME, TO KNOW WHAT A PUBLIC FORUM IS.
FYI, THAT IS MY HUSBAND, AND HE DID NOT HAVE TO SACRIFICE HIS SAVINGS FOR MY BLING...AGAIN, THIS IS A JOKE..HAA HAA
Old 13-08-2004, 06:22 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by lancia delta 6 times WRC
Everyone knows someone with a hard luck tale, but most people just put it behind them and move on.

If you cant afford to run is it wise owning such a car in the first place???????

or do as most on here would do save up and fix it.

SHIT HAPPENS

youll get my vote to be Prime minister
Old 13-08-2004, 06:25 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

I can give you parts from USA!
Bless ya heart hunny, but postage would be a bitch! lol

Why thank you Doug!

but it seems that irony detection passed you by
Ill just leave you to think that!!

sunny, you always seem to make me wanna pee cos im laughing so hard at your posts! lol

Go McPikie Go McPikie Go.....
Funny as fuck Kim!!!

Surely i am allowed to voice my opinion on a public board.
yes you are...you did...........bye bye[/quote]
MY SIDES!!!! Hurting....so....bad.......... must.......stop.........laughing!

Phil, youre a legend! what more can i say?

I think everyone knows the score now and Phil has illistrated it wonderfully
Me too sunny!

I would like to wish maria the best of luck with her car
Why, thankyou N8THN

I am sure i didnt call people all the names under the sun on here, they were muttered to my dog who was smelling her own fart's
made me chuckle! my dogs fart real bad too!

Maria I dont know u nor probably never will but no disrespect to u, if u accept the cash (note next words) some people will always know u as the girl who had her car fixed/paid for by passionford
I can totally see you point tonyk! i guess we will just have to see what the future brings!

or do as most on here would do save up and fix it
which if you look in my original post is EXACTLY what i said i was going to do! ( please actually read the whole story before jumping on the bandwagon! )

god you guys have really cheered me up this afternoon! thankyou so much!!!
You make me laugh, cry, swear and nearly pee whenever i come on the board and i think its fucking great!
Old 13-08-2004, 06:26 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

WTF????? I AM NOT EDITING ANYTHING, IF U CANT TAKE A JOKE ON HERE,THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU
MY POST WAS NOT A THREAT....AND I HAVE BEEN ON HERE A LONG TIME, TO KNOW WHAT A PUBLIC FORUM IS.
FYI, THAT IS MY HUSBAND, AND HE DID NOT HAVE TO SACRIFICE HIS SAVINGS FOR MY BLING...AGAIN, THIS IS A JOKE..HAA HAA

Ztee24 - there ya go - ya made me pee! lol

Old 13-08-2004, 06:27 PM
Ztee24

girl...you know I love you!!!
Like I said....I am bringing you parts from NY!
Old 13-08-2004, 06:30 PM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

Tee I will be calling you agin to give my updated shopping list.

Maria - glad I have that effect on you.....please tell me your not into watersports though.
Old 13-08-2004, 06:30 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

girl...you know I love you!!!
Like I said....I am bringing you parts from NY!
you super dooper wooper star you!

Quick Reply: Maria help thread