General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Maria help thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 12:31 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anything in a skirt is posh for sunny, poor chap
Old 12-08-2004, 12:33 PM
CozzyBrom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sorry rob been out doing mots thats all
back know if anybody wants to ring
Old 12-08-2004, 12:39 PM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RANJ
if sum1 pms me the finis number for an oil pump, i may have a new 1 which u can have for nowt
ranj,

3 posts up from yours...... states it had a new oil pump if its a 2wd 1 i'll have it for nowt...

Steve
Old 12-08-2004, 12:44 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Steve3door
Originally Posted by RANJ
if sum1 pms me the finis number for an oil pump, i may have a new 1 which u can have for nowt
ranj,

3 posts up from yours...... states it had a new oil pump if its a 2wd 1 i'll have it for nowt...

Steve

u can buy it from me mate,
Old 12-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Turbo lag
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it a 4x4 pump Ranj?
Old 12-08-2004, 03:09 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

had a chat with the guys at Zoo, and they have said they shall certainly see what they can do for me!!!

so once theyve bashed their heads together and come up with aplan, i shall fill you all in on the progress!!!

thankyou guys, youre all god damn wonderful!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Cossiep
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by maria

thankyou guys, youre all god damn wonderful!!!
You're so very kind , now where's the nudey pics
Old 12-08-2004, 03:31 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

er

er...........

in the post?

Old 12-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Cossiep

Originally Posted by maria
er

er...........

in the post?

Wonderful !!!
Old 12-08-2004, 03:54 PM
B19-TRB
Professional Waffler

LMAO @ in the post!
Old 12-08-2004, 04:06 PM
RigPig

I know fook all about building an engine but i will stick a tenner in the fund and offer to wash poor Clive.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:15 PM
N8THN
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

So you are telling me that you guys are starting a fund for someone who you dont really know, who chose to spend a fortune on her car and things simply went a little wrong for her.

Its not like she had a problem with her engine, it went bang, she had a rebuild and then it went wrong again. Therefore shit happens and really bad luck.

She actually went to SCC, got a shit load of work done and spent a load of money on her car. I feel for you the fact that your engine went cappot, but people saying, 'come on donate some money for her, as she has had nothing but grief and spent loads of money on her car'. Damn i wish we were all as lucky as you to have that much money to spend on a car.

Maria, the way you have told the story from the start implies that you had an engine rebuild for Ł9k, and now everyone is saying, lets donate some money to Maria as she has spent Ł9k on an engine and it has gone wrong.

Are you people really that thick, look at the list of things she had done.

Sorry Maria but surely you wanted to spend that sort of money otherwise you would simply have had a new engine or a rebuild.

And as for bad luck. What, putting an unknown second hand engine into a cossie and then it goes bang is bad luck. Bo11ox, thats not bad luck, that innevitible.

Bad luck is when you buy a recommended cossie, from a bloke who seems to be genuine and later you find that the block is cracked, the head fukced and the rest of the engine a write off. That is bad luck. It gets worst when the turbo goes the week after the rebuild, and then the clutch, the week after that, and then the diff, a few months after that.

You actually went into SCC and requested the following work:

Strip out old engine and inspect.
Sourcing the relevent parts needed (listed below)
Strip the 2WD engine "SUPPLIED BY MARIA" of its sump and auxillary bits that were not suitable for the Esc Cos- water pump, thermostat housing etc etc then refitting the old ones from original engine where possible
Sourcing and Fitting of Management Parts, loom etc
Taking Manifolds off - completely stripping them and sending someone to the chroming place 20 miles away, then picking them up again and rebuilding.
Fitted new cambelt, Pulleys etc etc
Fitted complete engine assembly into car and get running

Parts included the following
Second Hand 4x4 sump
New ford Oil Pump
Oil pick up pipe
Gaskets etc,
Cambelt
Aux Belt
Chroming of manifold
Powder coated rocker cover
Breather and fitting kit
ACT sensor
Phase sensor
green injectors
3 bar
amplifier
grp a coil
plugs
TPS
Bufty bits - MAP bracket - Ignition moule bracket - Susp tops - Bonnet stay
L8 ECU
L8 Stg3 chip
L8 Loom
Samco Coolant Hoses + ancillary
Samco Boost Hoses
Strut Brace
Alcon Clutch Kit
4x 225-40-18 Yokohama Tyres
AirFilter
+ all oils and fluids etc..........

The sh1t that happened to me nearly 2 years ago, i am still paying off - I dont see any donation for me, and i wouldn't want one anyway.

This board is amazing, you are all feeling sorry for someone who chose to spend a fortune on her car and ended up with a problem after buying a second hand engine.

It is clearly a lesson needed. Dont buy an unknown second hand engine.

Maria - a quick point. You didn't spend Ł9k on an engine rebuild, and you didn't buy an engine for Ł2600. We now found out you bought a complete engine with brand new hybrid turbo a brand new 200 block and new pistons and a reciept for a brand new genuine RS 500 head, suplied by graham goode, all that had supposedly done 10k.

You chose to spend the large part of you bill tarting up your car and increasing its specification, not just a few bufty bits and an engine change.

I know you are going to say, 'I never said that i didn't buy those parts or pay that money'. Sometimes its not what you say, its what you dont say.

I do feel sorry for you sitting there crying over your cossie engine fail but come on, tell the story how it really is.

If only i had t1ts, i would have got donated enough money off you guys to buy another cossie with the luck i have only had.

I aint loved by SCC and vice versa but to be honest i think you should be the one appologising to them for dragging their name through the mud on this baord when they fitted a dodgy engine you supplied them. Rob had to get on here to justify his costs, and all cause you did not want to tell the whole story.

.....and as for the seek legal action (by ranj), for what you num whit, you didn't even know a tenth of the story at that point.

I think we should start a donation for Jay B - He has spend over Ł25k on his car, had more sh1t than your average toilet and his car is up for sale for Ł13k.

Or how about Dingy, he has had more engines than girlfirends or big nige who forced Ford to re-start production on cossie gearboxes again or how about mike rainbird as he has a new born baby, and has had his various motors in harveys place (on and off) for longer that harvey himself. Or even Monte who could have bought a Ferrari 360 with the money he has only spent on his car, who managed to have the most amount of bad luck ever. Or even Martin Hadland or Steve Scott who obviously had their problems too.

The list is endless, so although Ima i think you are being incredibly nice coming up with the thought, very unlike you, i think it is a sh1te idea.

I, like all of you, are entitled to my opinion and chose to voice it here. Sorry for you circumstances Maria and good luck with it anyway.

Bring on the replies.......
Old 12-08-2004, 04:24 PM
Cossiep

I think someones got TOO much time on their hands
Old 12-08-2004, 05:24 PM
N8THN
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

had absolutely nothing to do all afternoon.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Fastmaul
K155MYRS

Wow N8than, next time you get circumsized..ask for the anethstesia!!
and BTW, stop making it sound like she needs another 9k, She said her engine went pop, nothing was said about the bling parts, she's not asking for anything, someone suggested it, some of us agree, some don't. simple.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Dannfire
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

N8THN...... spot on with that post.......
Old 12-08-2004, 05:51 PM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cozzybrom
immy unlike your build i never had a engine blow up once
100% record
unlike you u had more engines in your saff than you had dogs
on the pain
Old 12-08-2004, 06:00 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

.....and as for the seek legal action (by ranj), for what you num whit, you didn't even know a tenth of the story at that point

and u dont know me either

lol if u cant handle other peeps helping someone out then why the fook even bother replying,

lets all remeber maria never asked for a penny, the community on here got together and decided to help her,

i dont see u having a pop at zoo for offering there help.

i guess soem peeps on here have more of a heart then others, either that or jealousy comes into it

either way i aired my opinion and i stick by it.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Maria is yhe not the first person Pf has helped pull togther and halp and wont be the last.Many people get help from here not exactly the same way as Maria but is not what these BBs are helping each other.

If I have a part thats no good to me I will give it to someone on here for free If I can and sure many others would.

So if Maria or anyone turned down an offer of help they would be called ungrateful its a no win situation.Or you cant please everyone
Old 12-08-2004, 06:17 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Less
Maria is yhe not the first person Pf has helped pull togther and halp and wont be the last.Many people get help from here not exactly the same way as Maria but is not what these BBs are helping each other.

If I have a part thats no good to me I will give it to someone on here for free If I can and sure many others would.
phew sum 1 at last gets the drift

cheers

Old 12-08-2004, 06:31 PM
RSrussell
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Top post nath
101% agree there

Originally Posted by N8THN
so although Ima i think you are being incredibly nice coming up with the thought, very unlike you, i think it is a sh1te idea.
FPMSL
Old 12-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

N8THN ,
Though you are well entitled to your opinion the only point i wish to pull you on is your comment about this so called " dodgy engine "
Just so you know i have reciepts for this engine to PROVE this had only covered aprox 10,000 miles and if you wish to know who built this engine i think you will shut it about it being dodgy ( pm me and i will tell you who built it ) this engine was a superb engine and ran perfect ALL RECIEPTS FOR THE ENGINE AND BRAND NEW 500 HEAD ARE IN MY POSESSION STILL ,
Also you might like to know that when Maria picked this car up she did aprox 10 miles and it boiled due to some pipes melting on the engine ,DID THIS DO SOME DAMAGE I WONDER , I do not wish to blame anyone for this but it cant be passed over as tho it never happened
cheers Paul
Old 12-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Rob M666SCC

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
Also you might like to know that when Maria picked this car up she did aprox 10 miles and it boiled due to some pipes melting on the engine ,DID THIS DO SOME DAMAGE I WONDER , I do not wish to blame anyone for this but it cant be passed over as tho it never happened
cheers Paul
I think you'll find that was an oil breather hose from the catch tank.......

Someone else who doesnt know all the facts before posting bullshit on the net

N8THN....

Some interesting points you make there..... Some i agree with some i dont, but as for not being liked here, thats all water under the bridge mate......

I have to say that i would be a touch patronised by people wanting to rebuild my car for me for free, but hey ive always had to pay my own way in life......
Old 12-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

It the people saying its wrong to help so does mean offering someone a lift a favour is cahrity asking for a phone number.It all a question of degrees we can help thats all

Then some people just like moaning
Old 12-08-2004, 07:34 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

Maybe this decent thread will turn to rat shit too....

Good luck with the car Maria.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:41 PM
CozzyBrom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Rob@SCC Performance
Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
cheers Paul
I think you'll find that was an oil breather hose from the catch tank.......

Someone else who doesnt know all the facts before posting bullshit on the net

N8THN....

Some interesting points you make there..... Some i agree with some i dont, but as for not being liked here, thats all water under the bridge mate......

I have to say that i would be a touch patronised by people wanting to rebuild my car for me for free, but hey ive always had to pay my own way in life......
rob i will build yours aswell mate

did u get the bolts
Old 12-08-2004, 07:44 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Rob
Sorry my facts were wrong ,,, I was told it boiled .

I will not post who built this engine as it isnt possible for them to defent themselves , but as Rob will admitt this socalled scrap engine was a little minter when first fitted ,, it is just unfortunate that the gasket blew .
Old 12-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

Hello

The actual problem with the engine the head had gone soft and the gasket had eaten in to the head on the exhaust side, This would have happend over a long period of time with also left the gasket in poor condition, This was easily seen upon looking at the gasket and head,
Nobody was to blame the only way you would have seen this was to remove the head and inspect it,
Every head I work on is always hardness tested even if it is new, I have only seen this type of fault on 3 ocassions.

Mark
Old 12-08-2004, 07:46 PM
Moose 130

Just so you know i have reciepts for this engine to PROVE this had only covered aprox 10,000 miles and if you wish to know who built this engine i think you will shut it about it being dodgy ( pm me and i will tell you who built it ) this engine was a superb engine and ran perfect ALL RECIEPTS FOR THE ENGINE AND BRAND NEW 500 HEAD
Sorry for the comment about it being a dear engine, it was obviously one with good history and pedigree. Infact it sounds quite reasonable with a new head being Ł1500+vat bare, 200 blocks Ł700, pistons at Ł400 etc.

I think the cost thing blinded a few people but all involved seem to have got good value for money.

N8THN, I can see you POV but surely we can help who we feel and spend our money /time how we want.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:46 PM
andyescos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sti4scoobylass, is that the Debs I know (The last time we met was at BP Thatcham?) I didn't know you came on here, you still got Dannys' old job at the estate agents? (if it is the debs I'm thinking of????)
Andy
Old 12-08-2004, 07:49 PM
CozzyBrom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cheers mark i give you a ring 2moz mate
got news on shafts aswell
Old 12-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

madevelopments

Thankyou for your input as this shows that this is a pure bad luck thing that couldnt have been detected by anyone ,, so a little help to Maria is going to help put a problem good again

moose
Old 12-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Rob M666SCC

Originally Posted by madevelopments
Hello

The actual problem with the engine the head had gone soft and the gasket had eaten in to the head on the exhaust side, This would have happend over a long period of time with also left the gasket in poor condition, This was easily seen upon looking at the gasket and head,
Nobody was to blame the only way you would have seen this was to remove the head and inspect it,
Every head I work on is always hardness tested even if it is new, I have only seen this type of fault on 3 ocassions.

Mark

Thanks for looking at it Mark,

Your comments are appreciated,

When fitted the engine sounded sweet as a nut, as i said to maria at the time she picked it up, I think that the engine was a fair price for what came with it, T34 etc....... her original engine was completely scrap so she had a descision to make, on paper the engine supplied was just the job, Lady Luck Wasn't on your side i'm affraid

Can we stick with the facts though please......
Old 12-08-2004, 08:16 PM
cossie1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well all I can say is good luck with it

and Damn I wish I had tits
Old 12-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Zetec Andy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by cossie1
and Damn I wish I had tits
get a few pizza's, kebabs and McD's down you and you will
Old 12-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Sorry Maria but surely you wanted to spend that sort of money otherwise you would simply have had a new engine or a rebuild
No actually i didnt want to spend this kind of money, now i personally havent brought SCC into the conversation here at all, but im going to now: i gave them a budget of what i had to spend on the car, the day i went to pick it up, they tell me that i owe them MORE money cos they couldnt stick to my budget beacuse of necesarry parts, so there fore N8THN i did NOT want to spend that amount of money on the car!!

What is it with you? people have offered to help thru NO persuasion from myself, its out of the kindess of their own hearts, now fair enough we are ll entitled to our own opinions, but cheers buddy for really putting a downer on things for me! I really fucking appreciate that!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow N8than, next time you get circumsized..ask for the anethstesia!!
and BTW, stop making it sound like she needs another 9k, She said her engine went pop, nothing was said about the bling parts, she's not asking for anything, someone suggested it, some of us agree, some don't. simple.

N8THN Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:24 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

had absolutely nothing to do all afternoon.

Cossiep Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:24 pm Post subject:

I think someones got TOO much time on their hands
thankyou guys for sticking up for me! i feel like a fucking charity case now, and it makes me feel shit all beacuse of what this bloke has written!

lets all remeber maria never asked for a penny, the community on here got together and decided to help her,
cheers ranj!

So if Maria or anyone turned down an offer of help they would be called ungrateful its a no win situation.Or you cant please everyone
Cheers less, well said!

believe me rob, if only you knew the half of my fucking life story you would NOT be so patronising by saying that!

Maybe this decent thread will turn to rat shit too....

Good luck with the car Maria.
Cheers daz! looks like some people just cant help themselves by ruining other peoples happiness!

N8THN, I can see you POV but surely we can help who we feel and spend our money /time how we want
Thanks for that moose!

sti4scoobylass, is that the Debs I know (The last time we met was at BP Thatcham?) I didn't know you came on here, you still got Dannys' old job at the estate agents? (if it is the debs I'm thinking of????)
Tis indeedy andy!

Lady Luck Wasn't on your side i'm affraid
aint that the truth!

well thankyou to all you guys that have shown me awesome support!! You'll never know how much i appreciate it, and i apologise for some people lowering the tone of the thread, it kinda makes you sad when people have to put such a downer on what was such a good thing!
Old 13-08-2004, 02:23 AM
Fastmaul
K155MYRS

Hey, you thanked everyone by name, why not me! that's it, I'm sending you 10 dollars (about 50pence)
Cheer up chicky, You DIDN'T ask for any kind of money or free hand outs, the good people at PF did that.
Oh, and I'll wait for some nudie picts in the post too, Not for me, for Taryn! Honest!!!
Old 13-08-2004, 07:38 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

ooooops sorry fastmaul! i did mean to say thankyou to you honestly!!!

Cheer up chicky
im trying to! lol

but when twats like N8THN try to make out im some sort of scab, it tends to get me down a bit!

but who cares about him? NOT ME!

so cheers hunnys!!!
Old 13-08-2004, 08:25 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Maria,

I thought we had put this behind us now.

There's no need to run your mouth about N8THN either
Old 13-08-2004, 08:37 AM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Agreed. Some people obviously have issues cause u are being helped out to get thru a shit time.
Ignore them now and look forward to getting the car running again!

Quick Reply: Maria help thread