General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

CVH -> EFI wiring.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 02:10 PM
Hofajoab
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CVH -> EFI wiring.

Ok so i have a 1.8LX saffi but i whipped the engine out to put in a 2.0 DOHC EFI from a granada with the granada ECU and loom. I stripped the loom right down and only used what i needed for the engine management, ignition system etc. I kept the old 1.8 loom in as well untouched.

Problem is:

The relay (Relay D) that activates the fuel pump ain't activating the pump. I'm getting the 12v feed and the other two wires give me low voltages (about 2 volts and 5 volts) when the ignition is turned on, and they go to zero when the ignition is off. So i reckon the ecu must be working to some extent and i'm pretty sure i've wired it up correctly.

Anyway i tried starting it today and i don't think i'm getting a spark... any ideas?

plus i needed to activate the fuel pump manually as well.

Oh, i used the schematic from the Sierra haynes manual? but as far as i know the SD-130 ecu's only came in the granada's? if there a difference in wiring although the wire colours were the same.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:27 PM
Hofajoab

hmm.. you know the realy XI for the ECU?.. well i bridged the relay (simulating it being actuvated) and the fuel pump started to go for a second as it should which would lead me to believe that it's got something to do with the coil??

the green wire goes from the relay through a supressor to the "-" coil and to pin 11 on the instrument cluster (rev counter?, havn't connected that yet).. and the black wire goes from the relay to the "+" on the coil..

i'm stuck.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:29 PM
Hofajoab

plus i tried starting it after doing that and it still didn't start.