General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

F*@cking shill bidder on Ebay!

Search this Thread

Old 29-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Snowy_Astra
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F*@cking shill bidder on Ebay!

I was bidding on some clocks yeah

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/c20let-calibra...QQcmdZViewItem

and i was being bidded up by a suspicious account.

So i done some research........

Turns out matey does it often....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4617281920
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4616992998
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4616986881
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4625810448

Bit odd that no feedback was given isn't it? Same bidder all the time
Old 29-05-2006, 09:28 PM
MAD EVO 4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THE RADMAN
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

report it to e bay theyll prob suspend him,its prob his mate bidding them up
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i know of a good few people who get there mates to bid to either get the bidding going or to hike the price up, its not uncommon.
Old 29-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Snowy_Astra

E-mail from him

(My Reply)Bruv, don't try & take for a mug. You know the bidder i'm on about " jennic1981 "Yeah? Ring any bells?

I know the clocks are worth more than what i would have got them for, and had it been for genuine bidders, i'd have paid top price. But the principle of the matter is, Jennic1981 aint genuine.

I sold a pair of fiesta Si seats for 99p, and i honoured the auction because i aint fucking greedy.

I wouldn't even think about giving me bad feedback, because i'll come right back with one exposing you.

----- Original Message -----
To: <lightside55@hotmail.com>
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 9:32 PM
Subject: Re: Message from eBay Member Regarding Item #4643032313

>> what you on about the mr cool is no one i know you won the item thats
> the price you pay
Old 29-05-2006, 09:42 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Bruv
Old 29-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Snowy_Astra

Originally Posted by Fiddy UK
i know of a good few people who get there mates to bid to either get the bidding going or to hike the price up, its not uncommon.
I'm not saying its uncommon, but its not right.

Ebay say:

Shill bidding is a serious offence and we will investigate
your report as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours.
I used to work the auctions for antiques a few years back, and was often the victim of bidder rings, it ruined private antique dealers when it got widespread.

The problem with 'Bigdave' is that he diddn't read Ebay T&C's, just cos its on the net, doesn't mean you can't get done for it

Trending Topics

Old 29-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Snowy_Astra

Originally Posted by Rhys
Bruv
What can i say, I can talk to muppets on their level of thinking Its a skill
Old 29-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

doesnt everyone
Old 29-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Snowy_Astra

Originally Posted by Dicko

doesnt everyone
Sorry mate......but no
Old 29-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

doesnt everyone
nope , its a fucker when it happens to you tho! report then snowy, done it a few times now and ebay pull em, depend on if your happy with the price or not tho
Old 29-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

both located in the West Midlands, United Kingdom too!!!

tight cunt, avoiding paying for a reserve fee on his items
Old 29-05-2006, 10:33 PM
Snowy_Astra

Originally Posted by Fil

doesnt everyone
nope , its a fucker when it happens to you tho! report then snowy, done it a few times now and ebay pull em, depend on if your happy with the price or not tho
Yeah, was going to go to £40, because i saw it wouldnt reach that....i was expecting 20-25 tops.

Its not the point though, its principle i could have had them for a tenner if he hadn't shill bidded

Damn im so stressed, what with people taking long to send stuff, and various other encounters with idiots on that ebay. I'm gonna have a smoke (again)
Old 29-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Snowy_Astra

Originally Posted by Fil
both located in the West Midlands, United Kingdom too!!!

tight cunt, avoiding paying for a reserve fee on his items
Really?

Hadn't noticed! I'm sure Ebay will put 2 and 2 together. I told him ebay were on to him, and he went quiet lol
Old 29-05-2006, 10:40 PM
THEYGOTMETOO
CUNT!

Location: BLUE PILL or RED PILL ... All I offer is the truth, nothing more, nothing less. You choose.

Sorry but TBH I don't see how you've concluded that the second highest bidder is bogus?

If you look at the other items they have bid on they have bid on items from sellers other than "bigdavefromoldbury". Incidentally the parts are all Vauxhall related too.

Also one some of the auctions where they have won they have bided twice even though they was the highest bidder, surely if you're going to shill bid that close to the end of the auctions you would bid the minimum amount you was willing to take for the item; bidding again (even though they are still the highest bidder) as the item get closer to its conclusion really indicates they are trying to remain the highest bidder and not just bump up the price.

Also the items that "jennic1981" has won haven’t re-appeared again shortly afterwards which indicate they did sell .... actually just seen he did sell another set of GSi clocks shortly afterwards but not another identical gearbox.

When I used to sell lots on eBay I used to get stupid comments from people saying things similar to your email to the seller, in the end I just made all the auctions private so only I could see who had bid, the stupid questions changed from "why is the same person the highest bidder on several auctions" to "why are your actions private, what are you up to?"

I no longer use eBay partly because of crap like that.

Having said that it doesn't necessarily mean you're wrong but I certainly don't think there is enough to show for certain he has done anything wrong.
Old 30-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Snowy_Astra

Originally Posted by Genesis Engineering
Sorry but TBH I don't see how you've concluded that the second highest bidder is bogus?

If you look at the other items they have bid on they have bid on items from sellers other than "bigdavefromoldbury". Incidentally the parts are all Vauxhall related too.

Also one some of the auctions where they have won they have bided twice even though they was the highest bidder, surely if you're going to shill bid that close to the end of the auctions you would bid the minimum amount you was willing to take for the item; bidding again (even though they are still the highest bidder) as the item get closer to its conclusion really indicates they are trying to remain the highest bidder and not just bump up the price.

Also the items that "jennic1981" has won haven’t re-appeared again shortly afterwards which indicate they did sell .... actually just seen he did sell another set of GSi clocks shortly afterwards but not another identical gearbox.

When I used to sell lots on eBay I used to get stupid comments from people saying things similar to your email to the seller, in the end I just made all the auctions private so only I could see who had bid, the stupid questions changed from "why is the same person the highest bidder on several auctions" to "why are your actions private, what are you up to?"

I no longer use eBay partly because of crap like that.

Having said that it doesn't necessarily mean you're wrong but I certainly don't think there is enough to show for certain he has done anything wrong.
Both from same town, and no feedback left for ANY of the items he won yet he leaves feedback for others?

Come on Its so damn obvious
Old 30-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Daveesaunders
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

He may have two accounts, I know it can be done as I have two but only because one account got suspended. Before anyone asks I don't use one account to push the bids up on items I'm selling as its not worth the aggro.
Old 30-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Snowy_Astra

Originally Posted by Daveesaunders
He may have two accounts, I know it can be done as I have two but only because one account got suspended. Before anyone asks I don't use one account to push the bids up on items I'm selling as its not worth the aggro.
Its probably a family member or friend whos account it is. Secondry accounts are hard to get because of card numbers and addresses etc

There's no bones about it, he's shill bidding. His ebay name is 'bigdave' his e-mail says 'ian' and both accoutns are in the same area.