General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone good with birds?

Search this Thread

Old 23-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Wazzzer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone good with birds?

the feathered variety

basically the twat who owned my cockatiel before me was a bit of a sadist and liked to clip his wings, and since I've owned him I've tried to let them grow back so he can attempt to fly...

Now I've just noticed he's got a few feathers sticking out from his wing and everytime I touch them he seems to be in pain, what can I do about these feathers? (pics below)

I know its the longer wing feathers that allow birds to fly but he doesn't seem to ever grow them on the same side as the feathers that stick out, will it stay like this?

Cheers for any help

Old 23-05-2006, 10:11 PM
Ian M
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

the feathers that are stuck out have been damaged during the moult. i would pull them out and let them grow again.
Old 23-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Wazzzer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cheers for that mate, if I can get near them I will, he loves having his head stroked but as soon as I go near his wings he attacks me, little shit

as you can prob tell I don;t know anything about birds, I just took him in when I saw how badly he was being treated and now I'm really attatched to him
Old 23-05-2006, 10:24 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

had a cockatiel at uni - was great but he had the wings clipped by the pet shop before we bought him and was told it was to protect them and to stop them flying into walls and windows

we called the bird "the bird" as we were always mashed and never knew what to call it

was a fooking great bird never flew tho in the time i had him but he tried and just ended up flapping is wings and going nowhere

Eventually gave him to my mate as i finished uni and could not take him home due to my sis being allergic

the bird eventaually grew his wings back and flew off out of my mates house and was never seen again

used to piss me off early in the mornings when imitating my fine ringer
Old 23-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Wazzzer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Mines quite good really, doesn't make any noise unless I'm up (at the mo he's just looking at me in silence, reminds me of "the birds" lol), I'm trying to get him to talk but I don't think he's interested, just stares at himself all day

Ran shame yours flew off
Old 23-05-2006, 10:29 PM
RSKim
15K+ Super Poster!!

aww brings back memories used to have a cockatiel he used to share our tea lol hed sit ont he edge of the plate lol.....he imitated the phone lol he even flew out the door, was missing for a week we found him 4 doors down he flew back in through someones window lol

Then the little bugger chewed through some lead on the mirror (we didnt keep in caged, he romed the house) and got lead poisoning

Cant help with his wings, would it not be a good idea to get him checked out at the vets make sure he aint in any pain??
Old 23-05-2006, 10:38 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

Wes stop being a pussy grab the bird with your left hand so the birds paws are on your thums and your fingers come across the back and wings and then use the other hand and quickly pull the fooked up feather out.

Be quick tho and expect for the little shit to get some nicks in ya

our bird could toke some shit too

Trending Topics

Old 23-05-2006, 11:02 PM
MichaelG
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by R4N S S
Wes stop being a pussy grab the bird with your left hand so the birds paws are on your thums and your fingers come across the back and wings and then use the other hand and quickly pull the fooked up feather out.

Be quick tho and expect for the little shit to get some nicks in ya

our bird could toke some shit too
LMFAO thats fookin quality lol

Big respect to anyone who takes on a badly treated pet though no matter how big or small. Well done Wes. Hope hes sorted and well soon.