General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Not Happy......let down by Hybrid Paintworx

Search this Thread

Old 23-05-2006, 06:49 PM
jester1
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not Happy......let down by Hybrid Paintworx

So I brought a Series 1 from Hybrid Paintworx thought to be a good starter project....maybe paid a little over the odds for what it was but with the condition he would carry out the rest of the work at the agreed price. Good price, but he knew I wanted a top job. (good price cause I was buying the car and giving him the work)

Dave Perryman the Hybrid Paintworx owner and well only employee had done work for me in the past and kinda built a good relationship......well I spent money there (no friends in business I've learnt).

Firstly he took in my old car for work didn't do that good of a job and gave his excuses........it's the paint, it's the person that painted it before, they used the wrong this and that, it needs starting again.....etc etc. So after that I let him start the car basically so I could sell it as I was on the look out for a Series 1.

Behold, Dave has one....so I dash up there to have a look and it appeared to b ok he gave the cock and bull about how much is was to rebuild.....usual crap from someone selling the car.

Like I said earlier I have built a relationship over time with Dave and know how he works so I knew he'd be making money so I took what he said with a pinch of salt, the reason being the guy who he use to share his shed with told me how much it owed him. Anyway I wanted it so I brought it, but went over the car at what needs to be done. We came to an agreed price and I took the car (I did tell him I was on a buget and didn't wanna be spending loads on it yet as I hadn't sold my other car or the otherhalfs car......) This was were the friendshipish should have come into play a little.
I got the old car back which was full of problems everything blamed on everyone else and if he done it again he'd want to be paid for it (these were his mistakes bear in mind)
Not dwelling to much after the paint peel, crap in the paint and laquar falling off, ops not forgetting the back cracking 24hrs after he done it...I sold the car.
Being a little sick of the Series 1 sitting there and having the rest of my buget burning a hole in my pocket I ring and ask to book it in......2 months later I'm driving down there for the inside door Sills to be sprayed. He said he'd have it for less then a week, I told him no rush as it was sorn off the road until I could get it to the standard I wanted it.

So I get a message on my phone saying the car is done that I need to pick it up or it'll be left out in the rain cause he hasn't got room for it he's been trying to get hold of me for 50 million years and all the other fun little things that Dave comes out with.

I get down there, and Yes the Sills had been sprayed, with stone guard, then painted over the top of that (he told me that was Standard for a Series 1 to have stone guard on the inside of the doors, I know no better so I have taken his word for it (Speak if ya know) It had dribble marks all down the inside and Masking lines like you wouldn't believe (a classic Series 1 that I told him I wanted mint). I walk around to the other side and the grill inside the door had been sprayed........sprayed over the god dam Rust.....this was the best excuse......My tool broke they cost a lot to buy and I couldn't get hold of you so I sprayed over it (nice)
Ok by this time I wasn't really happy but I took it and said that it'll have to come back to be redone. He agreed and said he'd let me know when. I wait for a couple of weeks....no call so i buzz him, " I'm busy next week" which happened twice. Anyway the last time I called he said yeak ok I'll do it but I'll have to charge you " what the f**k....I did have to ask if he was joking. He said Well the grills inside the doors (where he was doing the work) was no part of the deal (huh, honest I couldn't make this up if I tried, I have left loads of bits out aswell) After a conversation he said he'll take it back in.
I then get chatting to a friend who has there car in with Hybrid Paintworx and mention that I was happy and hope to get it sorted (I'm not a moaner but I feel I should be here) Anyway word gets back and i still have no time or date and I call yet again.........the answer was (by text may I add) I dont want anything to do with the car as I have heard you have been slagging me down......No Dave this is slagging you down.

Anyway I have since had it looked at and with much money now being spent (never mind, it's a series 1 and deserves it) I'm sorting it slowly. The two paint shops said a lot needs starting again, but they have show me why where and what for........
I think you guys and girls can guess my advise........

The project continues..........
Old 23-05-2006, 06:57 PM
jester1

So Stone guard on the inside door sill? Series 1?
Old 23-05-2006, 07:00 PM
rscozzysie
PassionFord Regular

sound's as if took u for a ride mate.
Old 23-05-2006, 07:01 PM
AJC
10K+ Poster!!
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 83 Likes on 73 Posts

spoke to him a few times, he asked me a lot of advice whilst restoring it
Old 23-05-2006, 07:03 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well what a read!!! It begs one question though, why did you take your car to be painted a second time by him when you clearly say he makes things up and done a terrible job on your other car.

If this was the first time it had happened to you then what could you do about it? Second time then you have no comeback as you have experienced this quality work before.
Old 23-05-2006, 07:13 PM
jester1

Originally Posted by tonyk
Well what a read!!! It begs one question though, why did you take your car to be painted a second time by him when you clearly say he makes things up and done a terrible job on your other car.

If this was the first time it had happened to you then what could you do about it? Second time then you have no comeback as you have experienced this quality work before.
You are probably right, but it was a kinda of friendship really.........and the other car he done for me did have a lot of work done by other people so when he said that was the problems I believed him. I know better now........Done a good amount of looking around and it'll now be sorted.
Old 23-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Rippers
Monte Geek

Not good

Sounds to me like your got to cut your loses have to get it sorted properly else where as I certainly wouldn't take it back for another bodge even if they offer. Your Series 1 deserves better!

Thats another company to steer clear from then
Old 23-05-2006, 07:25 PM
JamesR
Regular Contributor

I can understand you being un-happy the first time.

But then why go back with your new project and winge about how he did the inner sills then again ask him to paint it again.

Sounds like your a sucker for punishment??

Try elsewhere and use a reputable company that has the time and know-how to do the job right first time

My 2Ps

Hope you get it sorted tho mate
Old 23-05-2006, 07:26 PM
cossieguy

Sounds like a right back street shithole.
Old 23-05-2006, 07:42 PM
shane
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

i hate body shops,when the bonnet flicked up on my S2 i took it to this place called SAS,and they di a shit job...white spray dust every where in side all over ma engine bay and it had some new strone chips(that it never had any to start with) also some kind of gluey stuff all over some of the panels. And these where the guys who seemed really proffesional with a new smart,clean workshop!

Then a while ago after i let ma girlfriend drive my GTI6 i had to have some bodywork done(and rebuild part of the front wall) i went to this place called J.A.M bodyworks its down a back street in little old unit with 2 old guys,one with a parmanent squint who seem right cowboys but did a great job,and since a few mates have gone there and all are well pleased with the work and where quite cheap!
Old 23-05-2006, 07:49 PM
mk2rstaff
PassionFord Post Whore!!

jester there is a place in hoddesden that is really good and cheap if your anywhere near there mate
Old 23-05-2006, 07:55 PM
jester1

Originally Posted by mk2rstaff
jester there is a place in hoddesden that is really good and cheap if your anywhere near there mate
Cheers mate.......PM me the details pretty please
Old 23-05-2006, 07:57 PM
jester1

Originally Posted by Paul Ripley
Not good

Sounds to me like your got to cut your loses have to get it sorted properly else where as I certainly wouldn't take it back for another bodge even if they offer. Your Series 1 deserves better!

Thats another company to steer clear from then
Oh Yes, cut my loses I have..........The Series 1 will be done all nice and tidy.
Old 23-05-2006, 08:01 PM
mk2rstaff
PassionFord Post Whore!!

will have to guid you on the map mate as i not sure of whatits called.
it's in between hodd and roydon, if you go from hoddesdon sainsburys go left first roundabout then straight over the next over the tight bridge, takes you past the ind estate on the left, over the train tracks and down to the next roundabout turn right, then it is down there on the right there is a moped shop and what looks like a scrappy come maetal place, he is round the back of there very reasonable mate, i will try dig his number or name out for ya if i can find it
Old 23-05-2006, 08:03 PM
mk2rstaff
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ohh its an mot test centre too if that helps
Old 23-05-2006, 08:08 PM
jester1

Originally Posted by mk2rstaff
ohh its an mot test centre too if that helps
Nice one thanks mate.....
Old 23-05-2006, 08:18 PM
jester1

What can I say, yes I have been a sucker really but we can only learn by our mistakes and avoid companies that f**k you over. So be warned people.............
After it all happened and I got speaking to a few people that have had experience with Hybrid Paintworx and they all seem to Down talk him, bout being overcharged not good work, bad this and that. Always the way you find out after.
I have been out of the Modified car scene now for a while and you quickly loose sight of who's good and who's not......after this my knowledge is coming back.

There are alot of Forums out there that have bad comments about that company...........

What goes round comes around is what they say.

Onwards and upwards for the series 1.........
Old 23-05-2006, 08:38 PM
i was there
Virgin

Default Re: Not Happy......let down by Hybrid Paintworx

Originally Posted by jester1
I knew he'd be making money so I took what he said with a pinch of salt, the reason being the guy who he use to share his shed with told me how much it owed him.
I was there the day you came to look at that car, dave named his price you didn't want to pay it for justified reasons, i actually stood there and pointed out several things that were wrong with it to you with damon (the shed sharer) and even though i'm a mate of daves said i wouldn't pay that for it myself, you were told about the cills that day, and i remember dave saying he didn't want to do them, or the engine bay, he just wanted shot of it.

You kept on and on about wanting it, over and over again for a while that afternoon and kept on and on about how much you wanted it but really wanted the engine bay and cills sorting, which i hasten to add dave said he didn't want to do.

i was actually suprised to find out it was you that brought the car in the end, in the condition it was the day we were looking at it, as you were adamant you wanted it but with the rest of the work done. I dont know what has gone on since then but if you weren't happy with something daves done you should have been man enough to say it the day you picked the car up after he'd done the work, and seeing as you were in the trade yourself you have a better idea of whats what than the average joe does so one can only assume you would rather whinge on the internet than say to someones face 'sort that shit out' makes you wonder just how bad it really was

P.S Daves big enough and ugly enough to defend himself and hasn't asked me to come on here and do it for him
Old 23-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Rippers
Monte Geek

Its ABC over again
Old 23-05-2006, 08:58 PM
hybrid motorsports
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

now then dale im very dissa pointed with you.

firstly that u have to slag me off on here. i know that we have ha dout differences but most of wot you are saying insent the full facts

firsty...

the rover

i repaired your rover after ur company" midas styling"
had made a bodge of it and thats was ur words
yes the laquer peeled off of the boot lid and the rear panel cracked

the rear panel ad you now was bodged on and you was ther with me then i tryed to take it apart but we aggred that the smooth panel would brak it if carried on so "we " decied to try to fix it as it was so i did

infortunatly after a few weeks it broke again but i must add that i re den it again adn repainted it again for free. and no mention of money

also that you addmitteed as well that the paint u had supplyed wasnt very good quality and seeing you worked for the paint suppluier as wel
i phned him on may occasions and he gave me amnay of excuces about he laquer etc i never refused to do anything i redid eveyting that went wrng with ur car and alway dne thm at mates rate even when that took a lot of time and effort.

and buy ur addmission all u wanted me to do was to bodge it up for its sale even like when u asked me to put saem sealr over some rest on ur rear archs so people couldnt cee the rust

second..

my s1 as most people know that i posted most fo e the proggress of my s1 but i lost interest in it and it n eeded a few things sorting on it

i never lied to you about the car u came dpown on 4 accaions and looekd at it took it for drive and mosesyed around going on about it for ages

i asked for 4800 for it

i sold it to you for 4100 and you AGREDD TO TAKE IT WITH ALL OF ITS FAULTS.

eg turbo was fucked
egine bay needed sorted
inner door seals had paint taken off them as when they was wet the alrm guy sat on them and fucke dthem up

and a few bits and bobs here and there

u aggredd to this..
ouyt of my own pocket i got u a new turbo and uprated cam for it and gave it to you when the car was sold

and i aggred with you that i owuld fit ot for 50 pounds later on after i moved work shop

i said that i would also paint he inner door seals for 100 for the pair but i did not specify wot i was going to do

im realy disapointed that you havent told the whole story i did say to you that ui though t it would be better if u took the car else where and you had be saying bad things about me but you still wanted me to do your car!!!
im not goinmg in to the full story about dale .. and his views jus t look up midas styling as he part owned it..
Old 23-05-2006, 09:34 PM
hybrid motorsports

sorry about my spelling.
Old 23-05-2006, 09:37 PM
hybrid motorsports

oh and you loved the car here...

https://passionford.com/forum/viewto...light=#2777926
Old 24-05-2006, 04:39 PM
jester1

oh and you loved the car here...

PM Sent......
Old 24-05-2006, 04:50 PM
CliffRS4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I hope your spraying isn't anything to go by your grammar
or should I say the other way round
Old 24-05-2006, 05:38 PM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is there a connection here with Midas in Hertford? Where in Hertfordshire is Hybrid.
Old 25-05-2006, 11:34 PM
mitchmic
Virgin

Tut tut Dale!

I have known you a long time and know exactly what you are like for wanting things done for nothing!

This is wrong mate, You know, as you said to me before my car went to Dave for work that he does a bloody good job.

I tried to ring you about this but your phone was turned off. I will call you and say the same. Bang out of order mate And thats not just me saying that!

Mike.
Old 27-05-2006, 07:17 PM
hybrid motorsports

pm has been sent back

i will not be replying to this thread again or reading it...
Old 27-05-2006, 08:36 PM
s1 2oobhp
PassionFord Regular

oh
Old 28-05-2006, 11:24 AM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I knew when I read that first post on this thread it would turn out to be a three story affair..ie Jester1's story, Hybrid's Story and the truth.

Jester no disrepsect but Ł4100 for what sounds like a shite box, are you crazy? A top notch S1 is only worth Ł4000.
Old 28-05-2006, 11:53 AM
escort mk6
PassionFord Regular

If you want bad painting and bodging try beautiful bodies in tamworth
our car had to be painted 4 times because each time there were sommat wrong with it, and ended up costing more or 'we wernt haing the car back' not to mention all the stuff they broke on it