General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

does this mean im getting points?

Search this Thread

Old 26-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Cowboi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does this mean im getting points?

i got a letter from the police today. a "notice of intented prosecution, request for information to identify driver of vechile" letter to be precise.

basicially i was seen doing 65 in a 50.
it dosent actually say i have 3 points and a fine. but it wants to know the driver of the vehicle and their details. if i do not supply the details it may result in court proceedings and if convicted a fine of up to £1000 and 3 points on the licence.

when i send my details off will i then be sent 3 points and a fine for definate or is there a chance that i wont get them?
Old 26-04-2006, 09:14 PM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My mate had this .It told him to send details of who was driving a send driving licience.He said he was driving but lied and said he couldn't send them his licience as he had misplaced it.Never heard anything back,and he's now done this twice.
Old 26-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by mercury grey minter
My mate had this .It told him to send details of who was driving a send driving licience.He said he was driving but lied and said he couldn't send them his licience as he had misplaced it.Never heard anything back,and he's now done this twice.
I wouldn't rely on this !!!!

Think you'll end up in court mate...............points and a fine.
Old 26-04-2006, 09:18 PM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr S1
Originally Posted by mercury grey minter
I wouldn't rely on this !!!!

Think you'll end up in court mate...............points and a fine.
..... ..SORRY YOUR HONOUR.....CASED DISMISSED
Old 26-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I hope you are right for Cowboi's sake - but the Law don't give up that easily............but time will tell
Old 26-04-2006, 09:26 PM
Cowboi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

they havny asked for the licence. just my details.
i'll send them and see what happens. all i can do is hope for the best i guess.

if i do get points do i need to tell the insurance company straight away or is it just on the renewal i need to inform them?
Old 26-04-2006, 09:44 PM
OldSkoolRS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I got shafted with a fine of £750 + costs for failing to provide details of the person driving the vehicle at the time of the incident. Thankfully my company paid it for me but the courts + the police were useless.

I requested a photo to see if it would aid identification, and they informed me that I could not have a copy until it went to court as it had been dragged out for so long. Quite clearly I was not going to admit that it was myself who was driving the vehicle (a pool car) unless I had no reasonable doubt.

We paid the fine, they gave me the photo.... and it was me behind the wheel!

Whoops.....

Trending Topics

Old 26-04-2006, 09:47 PM
markyrsfocus

Go onto http://www.pepipoo.com/

They have details on how you can respond to say that you are driving, in a way that they cannot use it to prosecute you.

There are afew threads on here that have covered this as well.

Mark
Old 26-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Jayen4
PassionFord Regular

Cowboi .... Get yourself over to Pepipoo !! They are the best people to advise on this .
Old 26-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Cowboi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

tbh i aint so bothered about getting the points. i was speeding and i'll put my hands up to that.

ive had a clean licence for over 3 years its was about time i got some points really
its just that fact i dont know if i have them or not yet thats annoying me.

i'll check that site out, but i dont fancy argueing it aneless im 100% sure it will work. as i would rather a 60 quid fine and 3 points than a 750 pound fine later on like some one above got.

the thing that is really annoying though is there was a man in a van on a bridge that got me. but on the next slip road there was a t5 volvo with at least 2 guys in it.

and further down the road (about half a mile) there were 2 more t5's with between 6 and 8 coppers between them. that means there was about 10 coppers out that day just to catch some people speeding.
Old 27-04-2006, 06:59 PM
markyrsfocus

If you saw RoadWars yesterday, you wouldn't be surprised.

They chased some little scumbag who jumped from a stolen car, had one of the locals try to give him an alibi by claiming that he had just left his house, despite the fact that the cops saw him jump out of the car, and then they said that all he got was a reprimand.

So you have catch speeding motorist guaranteed fine, no paperwork or chase car thief, lots of paperwork, he gets off with reprimand!

No brainer really.

This country has it all wrong.

Mark
Old 27-04-2006, 07:11 PM
Damo V
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Cowboi
tbh
the thing that is really annoying though is there was a man in a van on a bridge that got me. but on the next slip road there was a t5 volvo with at least 2 guys in it.

and further down the road (about half a mile) there were 2 more t5's with between 6 and 8 coppers between them. that means there was about 10 coppers out that day just to catch some people speeding.
You will probably find the suport cars were there if the ANR flagged up no insurance or for example had your car recorded as a known drugs / gun / criminal car... Otherwise, it has to be said, they would have pulled YOU wouldnt they... if you were speeding
Old 27-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I've had three NIPS now and on each occasion I have telephoned them and and asked what the hell it was about. They told me to fill out the form as requested.

On two occassions I heard nothing else and the third I was invited down to the police station to discuss the allegation. The interview was taped and I helped the police out with their inquiries. No charges were brought against me in relation to the allleged ofence.

I really don't recommend fibbing though so remember to be honest
Old 27-04-2006, 08:21 PM
shane
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

i got a letter like this once...ignored them and when i got a summons just acted like i dint know what i was going to court for turned up on the day and said that as i hadnt recieved any notice(letters i ignored) of being brought before a judge...as i had no previous warning i had no case prepared...so they dropped the case as it was unfair!
Old 27-04-2006, 08:44 PM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

Christine Hamilton got off by saying she simply couldn't remember who had been driving
Old 27-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Cowboi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Damo V
Originally Posted by Cowboi
tbh

You will probably find the suport cars were there if the ANR flagged up no insurance or for example had your car recorded as a known drugs / gun / criminal car... Otherwise, it has to be said, they would have pulled YOU wouldnt they... if you were speeding
true, i forgot they can check that much about a car that quick.

i guess i will let them off this time.