General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Noisy neighbours.. help?

Search this Thread

Old 20-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noisy neighbours.. help?

Basically I have a mate who lives on her own in the lower flat. she has had a new tennant move in above her and she has been playing music very loud all hours of the day/night, this lady has a baby and seems to neglect it, stomps around her flat and generally acts like a complete twat. Its keeping her awake and her child awake at night and she rarely gets a good night sleep.

The council are failing to do anything, so is there any tips or suggestions to getting her to shut the fuck up or silence her through canny legal looking letters?

Any help, tips, suggestions welcomed cheers.
Old 20-04-2006, 10:42 PM
EssexBoyRacer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

has your m8 tried talking to the new tennant?

Sometimes a friendly informal request will get you a lot further than going legal routes as it gets peoples backs up.
Old 20-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Yeah, nothing has worked, she's been polite and has been fairly firm, she won't budge.
Old 20-04-2006, 10:43 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

do what my friend did with the same problem
got into her flat when shes out,,, ripped the cd player out, and chucked it into the middle of the road! didnt have a problem after that! he also kicked the ubend off the sink and run the tap,,, i wouldnt do that though with a flat above them

but you could al always pop round and explain the situation
Old 20-04-2006, 10:44 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Environmental, will/should do something
Old 20-04-2006, 11:03 PM
SPADGE
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My next door neighbours thought they would play some music loud once which woke Elliott when he was just a few months old
I popped round and had a quick 'word' suffice to say they are as quite as mice now and i havn't spoken to them for over 2 years
Old 20-04-2006, 11:39 PM
thedaddie
PassionFord Regular

ear plugs
Old 20-04-2006, 11:54 PM
CabbyRS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Default Re: Noisy neighbours.. help?

Originally Posted by Flip2k3
Basically I have a mate who lives on her own in the lower flat. she has had a new tennant move in above her and she has been playing music very loud all hours of the day/night, this lady has a baby and seems to neglect it, stomps around her flat and generally acts like a complete twat. Its keeping her awake and her child awake at night and she rarely gets a good night sleep.

The council are failing to do anything, so is there any tips or suggestions to getting her to shut the fuck up or silence her through canny legal looking letters?

Any help, tips, suggestions welcomed cheers.
This is spooky mate, I live in ground floor flat with missus and kids, we had exactly the same problem parties upstairs every weekend, ppl comin thru at all hours of the nite through the main hallway wakin our kids up , smoking weed in the hallway , now i aint got a problem with that but not when its driftin into my house my littleuns are breathin it in!. Constant banging all day/nite,

basically Environmental health will come out but if they come out to measure/record the noise WAIT FOR IT!!!!! they have to inform the noisy neighbours that they are going to be recording them, can u get ur head round that, the route we went was that it was making us both very depressed and putting immense stress on our relationship ,id advise ur mate go to her gp and mention it to him/her that shes losing so much sleep and that she is feeling very down as she hates returning home to the noise, which was how it got for us we spent as much time out as possible.
Another thing i did was got in touch with the estate councillor by letter and he made a personal visit in his own time to come and listen to the noise

I hope ive helped mate good luck!!