General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Just a little rant---------Motorway drivers

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006 | 08:28 AM
BlackRSTFife
Regular Contributor

had an experience on saturday on the M876, some yuppy twat in a crv decided that to force his way into traffic from the slip road(nose to tail 3 lanes) carved the guy behind me up good and proper. moved up the slip towards kincardine bridge and the clown proceeds to sit 2 feet off my bumper.

So simple solution slowed down gradually until i was doing 20 mph and sat there he soon got the message

not every situation required carving people up although that said i can see some peoples reasoning for it, .
mainly seems to be yuppy pricks and daft 30 something blonde bints that middle lane hog too
Old 11-04-2006 | 08:42 AM
sbd16v
PassionFord Post Troll

i must admit i use the middle lane lots but just because i get pissed overtaking lorrys every 2 seconds if your on the motorway at a busy time and there all doing 56mph it can be quite comon and also the inside lane is the worst maintained of them all because of lorrys

as for a all the flash out the way/sit right up there arse or even undertake them pull infront of them and then brake

with the reason because there allready driving dangerous

i thikn you need your heads reading someone sitting in the middle lane is annoying not dangerous !!! your the ones who are going to be dangerous

also imo the middle lane is always traveling at 80mph nowadays so why does it really matter ????

if it bothered you that much you would be doing 70mph in the inside lane always being overtaken by the 80mph middle lane
Old 11-04-2006 | 08:55 AM
D19 STE
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by RichardC
Originally Posted by Itsmeagain
people who go to the outside lane when overtaking a lorry need a headbutt too.

there was 2 cars back to back doing that on way home today, so me n some geezer in a new Pug estate thing just drove though the middle of em
dont forget that when you pass a lorry (!) you run the risk of not being seen as you draw alongside. This is especially true of continental LHD vehicles, who simply wont see you. there are several accidents each year by lorries deciding to pull out as cars are overtaking them.

If its clear, I always go to the outside lane to overtake, (if not already there doing 65)

Jayen4 - as u have HGV, does your vehicle have a blind spot, or do your mirrors cover it ok?
When I was at a car meeting someone had a continental lorry driver pull into the side of him and the side of his car looked like someone had just put an industrial grinder to it

The worst part being is that when he spoke to a traffic cop at a service station he said it happens about 10 - 15 times a DAY
Old 11-04-2006 | 09:03 AM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Red16
Originally Posted by peteh
Originally Posted by sooty1977
main beam up their ass's every time
that just makes me go slower if im on a dual carrage way
so youre on of the people that this thread is about, well done for pissing everyone off
no not at all, if im on a dual carrage way coming up to a lorry doing say 60mph and im doing 70mph then ill obviously over take it, but it annoys me when people sit up my arse until ive over taken them

so back at you
Old 11-04-2006 | 12:25 PM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Red16
Originally Posted by sooty1977
main beam up their ass's every time
that just makes me go slower if im on a dual carrage way
so youre on of the people that this thread is about, well done for pissing everyone off
no not at all, if im on a dual carrage way coming up to a lorry doing say 60mph and im doing 70mph then ill obviously over take it, but it annoys me when people sit up my arse until ive over taken them

so back at you
accepted
Old 11-04-2006 | 12:41 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Lucky for me i dont use motorways much at all but when i do i HATE people like this and i undertake if there taking the p*ss to any driver with a brain it would make them realise there going too slow for the lane there in but yeah it does make you kinda scared hoping there not gunna swerve back into your path without checking mirros
Old 11-04-2006 | 12:51 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Itsmeagain
people who go to the outside lane when overtaking a lorry need a headbutt too.
I have to admit I am sometimes guilty of that one. If I am overtaking a left hand drive truck and the third lane is clear I'll give it a wide berth.

Only if the lane is clear mind.