General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Focus RS or Civic Type R??

Search this Thread

Old 14-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Dunccoss
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

focus mate all the way, if you buy the honda you will only want to sell it and get the focus in a months time and as you know the honda will drop in price quicker than the rs and evern more when the new type r comes out
Old 17-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Drunken Master
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Thanks for the posts still pretty undecided tho. Went to get a test drive in one the other day and they'd sold it said it was unlikely for them to get another. Went to ford said they've got some at other branches about a million miles away and i'd have to buy it before they'd bring it over .

Being 20 though i don't think they take me serious. Nearly everyone else would buy one on finance i want to buy one outright and there not even interested.

Ahh well thanks for your views all the same
Old 17-03-2006, 05:16 PM
spark
Part of the Furniture

Keep looking for one to test drive mate. You'll be hooked
Old 17-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I know quite a few people that have had CTR's and all chopped them in quickly. Pete only had his from Honda for 3 weeks before chopping it in against an Evo

Focus everytime
Old 17-03-2006, 05:34 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think it all depends what you want from a car, everyone is saying get the rs but its passionFORD not passionHONDA

People have the blinkers on, not just on here but on every car site. I own a integra type-r and am getting into the honda scene and sites a bit more and 1 thing is becoming more clear "the honda boys dont class the civic type-r as a proper type-r"

The main reason is because it was designed as an everyday car and not as a road going race car like the integra or nsx type-r's that and the fact the civic doesnt have an lsd

I drove i civic type-r and was not impressed with its performance and how padded out it felt but lovemy integra.

I think the only way you can decide is to go test drive a few of each as every 1 can feel different.

Hope that helps lol
Old 17-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the IT guy's Integra at my old work
Old 17-03-2006, 05:40 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino

People have the blinkers on,

I drove i civic type-r and was not impressed with its performance :
I dont think blinkers have anything to do with it, the FRS is a better car

and u even say urself u werent impressed with the ctr and that it's not a proper typre-r
Old 17-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

MattRS1600i

Ah yes but what i said was it depends what you want from a car, if you want a tunable turbo car with the scope to moddify it to 270bhp then the focus wins hands down

If you want something that will keep you grining from ear to ear cause you have to rev the tits off your car to humourose levels and probably the most reliable engine out there then it is the civic imo

Like i said i cant comment on the focus cause i have never drove 1 but i wasnt impressed with the civic, only because it was quiet and padded out.

Thats why i bought an integra, no sound deadening, slimmer windscrean, fooking hell the japs even put a titanium gear knob in to keep the weight down to improve performance. Oa and it has a b series engine where the vtec kicks in at 6 and ends at 9000rpm unlike the civic with the vtec range being from 6k to a pathetic 8k lol
Old 17-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Drunken Master

I looked at the intergra type r. But i'd much prefer something newer and DC5's aren't insurable for me anyway (group 20). Not for snob value but the interior of a new car is a much nicer place to be. I like the interior imaculate not a greasy steering wheel and stained seats i'm aware you can get good examples but i wouldn't justify the time and extra ŁŁŁ to get one.

That said i'm going to compare the 2 have also looked at leon cupra r's but just can't stand the looks of the thing although Ł500 spent and it would be a 270bhp car. Also looked at saving a bit more and going for a new ST focus but they look so clumsy and cheap no offence to owners just not my cup of tea.

Well think i'll just have to try and find a dealer that takes me seriously as a 20yr old looking at buying a focus rs...
Old 17-03-2006, 06:56 PM
UBster
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Good luck in finding the right car for yourself. Both cars are ace.

I picked my civic type-r up in sept brand spanking and I can't fault it yet, really isnt the fastest thing going but as an all round package its good, have a honda 90,000 mile engine and gearbox warranty and 6 or 7 year bodywork. 200bhp, great gearbox as you know since uve driven one, go shopping in it, scotland, work everyday, its not amazing its just an all round good hotch hatch for the price. Later ones come with the lighter flywheel and the 05 and later come with recaros, momo steering wheel, and rear tints and standard.

Bought mine for 15.5K which isnt far off what your thinking of buying a 2nd hand focus for.

Both ace cars though and I'd be very pleased with either good luck chap.

Old 17-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Drunken Master

Mate, your looks identical to the one i test drove. Cosmic grey premier model got to admit it those recaros are the nicest seats i've ever sat in they push your sholders up onto the steering wheel.

I also agree with the gear change comment it just clicks into place perfectly i thought the possition it's in would make it awkward but you don't have to hardly take your hand off the steering wheel.

Nice CTR BTW
Old 17-03-2006, 07:11 PM
UBster
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

CTR, FRS, Focus ST whichever you choose chap ur gonna be chuffed.

Premiers are wanted one for a few years test drove the 02 plate ones when they came out and liked them ever since.

Cheers

Matt