General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
View Poll Results: Should seal hunting be allowed?
Yes
25.64%
No
74.36%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

CANADIAN SEAL HUNTING

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 06:31 PM
AdsCapri2
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CANADIAN SEAL HUNTING

Its sickening ive been doing some research into it and found some shocking stuff. I think its so inhumane and disgusting. Heres a video:

http://www.stopthesealhunt.ca/site/p...PFIqE&b=437937

(You may have to sign up, and contains GRAPHIC scenes)
Old 03-03-2006, 06:57 PM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

LAST I LOOKED THIS WAS A CAR FORUM , do we really need to see this stuff? before you start i abhor cruelty to any animals and the sort of stuff weve had on here recently turns my stomach if i want to see/donate etc anything like this ill go on to an appropriate place to look at it i know this is general discussion but this sort of stuff does not belong here in my opinion
Old 03-03-2006, 07:31 PM
XR-RS

LAST I LOOKED THIS WAS A CAR FORUM , do we really need to see this stuff? before you start i abhor cruelty to any animals and the sort of stuff weve had on here recently turns my stomach if i want to see/donate etc anything like this ill go on to an appropriate place to look at it i know this is general discussion but this sort of stuff does not belong here in my opinion
I think Ads post stated that it was gonna be shocking, you shouldnt have clicked the link.

Its no different to shooting a bolt through a lambs head or a piglets head to me, its just another thing for the tree huggers to whine about, get a proper fuckin job. If you think its so bad look closer to home and do something about lambs and stuff being killed.

If we were told tomorrow there will be no more killing cows or using them for milk and no more killing sheep, pigs etc etc theyd become extinct. who would keep them ? farmers wouldnt.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I totally agree about banning it ..

Its barbaric and not right!

Just my opnion on it and if you dont like it then tell someone that gives a feck!
Old 03-03-2006, 08:37 PM
chewy

Right first off ..... I chose to watch that no one made me granted but that is fucking barbaric !! I don't see clubbing something to death a humane way to kill.

On the bottom clip he is clubbing one loads and then cuts it open alive FFS nothing deserves to die like that its fucking appaling !! Towards the end of thc lip one of the guys is just playing with it, clubs it leaves it has a kick and a look and then goes back to finish it off in his own time, fucking prick

I'm no towny puff but as far as I'm concerned its in the same league as fox hunting and s a bunch of sick bastards who enjoy doing shit like that.

No need for that shit.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:08 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by XR-RS
Its no different to shooting a bolt through a lambs head or a piglets head to me, its just another thing for the tree huggers to whine about, get a proper fuckin job. If you think its so bad look closer to home and do something about lambs and stuff being killed.
I agree.

This is another case of you only getting to see the worst of it. It's the livelyhood of a lot of people, leave them to it.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Why not let seal hunting continue?

Most of our fishermen have lost their job because of declining fish stocks. If the greedy seals ate less there would be more for us!

Maybe we could get spiked shoes for the horses and hounds and send the foxhunters over to join in. The seals don't look very fast.

Instead of moaning about people doing what they've always done, what about a poll on people having more kids than they can afford to support?
Old 03-03-2006, 09:52 PM
chewy

I think all the comments made are viable (sp) and when you put things in persepctive people have good points. After posting this I went downstairs and watche dthe news and it was on about Africa and the state of the country FFS there are babies dying there from lack of food .... some things in the world are shitty and suck.
Most people on here have spent thoushands on their cars when there are people dying etc. That's the way of the world though - you just have to realise how lucky you are and thank ... whoever
Old 03-03-2006, 10:07 PM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

i didnt watch it
Old 03-03-2006, 10:10 PM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by XR-RS
I think Ads post stated that it was gonna be shocking, you shouldnt have clicked the link.

you totally missed my point m8,im no tree hugger i just dont want to see shit like this on a car forum,you say its no different to a bolt through a piglets head it is to me
If we were told tomorrow there will be no more killing cows or using them for milk and no more killing sheep, pigs etc etc theyd become extinct. who would keep them ? farmers wouldnt.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:41 PM
glenis
Advanced PassionFord User

Its fuckin terrible to watch, and is not justified in anyway, in my opinion.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Anonymous
Banned

I dont have a problem with the cull if it needs to be done to protect fishing stocks, but the animals should be killed as humanely as is possible, even if its not as cheap as current methods.

I dont see why they should be made to suffer with things like being cut open when they are alive etc.

Fundamentally ive nothing against clubbing as a way of humanely killing something, ultimately a very large skull impact should result in instant death pretty much, but half doing the job and leaving them to suffer is just so terribley wrong, there is NO need for it.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:21 AM
AdsCapri2

gd to see people agree that its inhumane way of killing an animal.

ohh and Jon smiff i know this is a car forum and that this is a general section with plenty of non car rekated posts so dont get on your high horse
Old 04-03-2006, 08:16 AM
swerv
PassionFord Post Troll

We are bleeding the oceans dry with our overfishing anyway; fishermen have known this for years. Clubbing seals is only dragging the inevitable out

Totally disagree with killing the seals just to fill our own plates/make a scarf!!

Think the seals have just as much right to the seas as we do, but they are not the only animal in the sea to suffer at the hands of the greedy fishermen

BTW not watched the film as i have no interest in seeing things like that again, as once you have seen one you have seen them all really
Old 04-03-2006, 08:17 AM
glenis

Being killed purely for their 'pelts' which i assume is their skin or fur.

Killing for profit only
Old 04-03-2006, 08:50 AM
Ian M
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by glenis
Being killed purely for their 'pelts' which i assume is their skin or fur.

Killing for profit only
and!!!! what do you think farmers and meat producers kill for.??

surely not profit..
Old 04-03-2006, 09:48 AM
glenis

Its for a different kind of demand, seals aren't killed because people choose to eat them or the meat from them.

This is just materialism, where people want to wear the pelts as a garment of clothing. I dont rate it the same.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:12 PM
cosworth
Regular Contributor

Seal hunting isn't a new materialistic invention as it seems someone is thinking here. The eskimos have done it for hundreds of years. And why is killing other kinds of animal for their fur more acceptable?

For most of us there might not be a identifiable need for seal products(meat or other), but this might be the livelihood of some people and if that is coorect then there obviously is a market for the products somewhere.

I think we probably all will agree that seal hunting in itself is not a "good" thing, but lets face it, so is a lot of other things that we still accept.

Just remember that it is a lot easier to be negative to something that isn't part of our own culture and that happens far away. Comparable things that happen closer to home, and that is an accepted, or integral, part of our own culture, is not so easy or covenient to be negative towards.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:50 PM
M.A.D.RST
PassionFord Post Troll

BAN IT

Just like Fox hunting, whats the f**king point in killing something purely for your pleasure you heartless gits.

Ok so it may seem wrong to kill pigs, lambs etc.... but how many of us actually eat seal???????????????????????

Its like all those wankers who kill elephants and monkeys
Old 04-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ben Elton should be along in a minute with some other right-on loveliness.

Don't think me heartless, but I simply amn't very excited about why or how the seals die.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Carlsworth
Former Sponsor

If you think its so bad look closer to home and do something about lambs and stuff being killed.

not exactly needed for the 99.9 % of people though is it,....

the real money from seal culling is the fur,.....if people really need the fur that bad, then buy a fake one,....

carl seal a no no,......defo something the world could do without,.......
Old 04-03-2006, 05:12 PM
Carlsworth
Former Sponsor

I think we probably all will agree that seal hunting in itself is not a "good" thing, but lets face it, so is a lot of other things that we still accept.

mmmmmm,....good point