General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Who works for ford?

Search this Thread

Old 24-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Who works for ford?

Who works for Ford, and might be able to answer me this question?

I have been given a new van - 55 reg Transit Connect (long wheel-base) Previous to this one I had a 53 reg short wheelbase connect....

Now Ford have become really stingy with the new vans - you can't raise or lower the drivers seat (could in the last one), you odn't get an ashtray (did in the last one) you don't even get the stalk thingy's to adjust the mirrors from the inside

But also, they have blanked off the 12v power point on the dash, that is opposite the cigerette lighter... Which is very annoying as I have two phones, both with handsfree thingy's and it's a pain in the ass having to share plugs all the time!!!!

I know I could just get a 2 way adapter, but what I was wondering was........

I took the middle section of the dash out on both the 53 and the 55 reg vans to see if I could fit the power point into the new van. But I am missing a wiring plug. Each van has an orange plug to power the cigerette lighter on the right side, and on the left side of the older van there is a green (might be black, can't remember now) plug to power the 12v. The two wires (orange+green wire and a black wire) go from this plug into the main loom and is all taped up...

On the 55 reg this plug isn't there, and I can't find it anywhere, or the two wires... Has Ford actually changed the loom, or have the tucked it away somewhere? I traced the conduit type stuffas far as I can behind the dash clocks as poss but can't find it

Anyone know?
Old 25-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts