General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

gt 35 compressor stall

Search this Thread

Old 26-07-2004, 02:12 PM
B19-TRB
Professional Waffler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ian dont break it!

but if u do i get 1st dibs on everythin! cheap! cheap!
Old 26-07-2004, 02:25 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ima-Racing500
Dan...you do seem to have a big mouth..ROFL...bigger than mine at times.

Please REMEMBER...no one is forced to go high compression BIG bhp...you seem to think Paul holds a shotgun to the head and says in a German accent "you veal obey my commands or you veal be wrapped with piano wire"
Also have a big cock so the lady's tell me!!!

Peeps that goes to EA seem to go the high comp route which means he must be selling/convincing them that is the way to go.
Old 26-07-2004, 02:26 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Ian@Racetek
Nah.....break it and Carrera GT4 ??
Porkers are proper cars...........
Old 26-07-2004, 02:35 PM
Ian M500COS
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Lewis...... I'll hold you to that!

Guys, to be fair though... I cannot expect a car that made 576bhp on the rollers to be reliable. It was very reliable at 510bhp though, so perhaps I should have left it at that? As an everyday car (with carpet?), was I asking for trouble? However, nobody forced me to put a GT35 on it and I dont hold any grudges.

One thing I will add is that for 11 months I had a very quick car. Hopefully that normal service will resume soon.

I would not let my bad luck put anybody else off having my car mapped by Paul though as there is no question whatsoever about his mapping capabilities.
Old 26-07-2004, 02:38 PM
Benn 304R
10K+ Poster!!

or Julian Godfrey if I ever wanna become a rallycross legend
He does build some awsome road cars aswell, which i have seen , including mine when I have it done lol.

As said the only people I would use is Julian Godfrey, MSD, KARL and Martin/ZOO

So sorry to hear about your engine Ian, hope all turns out well
Old 26-07-2004, 02:41 PM
Ian M500COS

Thanks Benn..... have to take the rough with the smooth I suppose!! 8psi and an everlasting engine here we come (not!)
Old 26-07-2004, 02:51 PM
cossymad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

or.... build your own cars/ engines and don't slate others when it fails?
Old 26-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by cossymad
Some people prefer to PAY others for a service which company's are more than willing to provide, if they don't get the level of service they paid for then they have a right to moan and slate IMO.

The biggest problem with the tuning industry is that peeps get done all the time but for some strange reason feel they must stay loyal to said tuner and carry on using them. This is why most tuners get away with it and if a customer stands up and says fook them they are shite get looked as a cont by some peeps and then the tuners supporters start their rubbish.

It very easy to see who really gives a fook about the quality of their work and how to treat their customers just by using this bb and from word og mouth.
Old 26-07-2004, 03:08 PM
wimwerf
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Dan@Gremlinnet.com
Some people prefer to PAY others for a service which company's are more than willing to provide, if they don't get the level of service they paid for then they have a right to moan and slate IMO.

The biggest problem with the tuning industry is that peeps get done all the time but for some strange reason feel they must stay loyal to said tuner and carry on using them. This is why most tuners get away with it and if a customer stands up and says fook them they are shite get looked as a cont by some peeps and then the tuners supporters start their rubbish.

It very easy to see who really gives a fook about the quality of their work and how to treat their customers just by using this bb and from word og mouth.
Old 26-07-2004, 03:25 PM
angel45
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Ian firstly sorry to hear about your motor its not a nice thing to happen to anyone and I hope you get it sorted m8
Paul hasn’t forced anyone to use these turbos and anyone who says he has my talking shite as far as am aware only myself and Ian were the only EA cars built and mapped by Paul using the GT35. My first failure had nothing to position of the wastegate it was more to do with the spec of the engine I was sold, after having a rebuild the engine is running 100% better off than its ever did, am completely happy with the build quality so Mike your comments are abit unfair about my car being a time bomb .
Old 26-07-2004, 03:27 PM
B19-TRB
Professional Waffler

angel45,
Old 26-07-2004, 04:15 PM
cossymad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

When people spend alot of money on their engines, they are paying for power, not necessarily realiability. If you had the choice to spend money on realiability, the route of tuning you would take would be a completely different one, I assume.
I think it is unfair to slate a paricular tuner, at all, anyone as the full story is rarely heard.
Read Ian's last post, and Angel45 carefully.
No-one sits here slating 250hp engines that fail, yet pushing 600!!!!! It's inevetable that something will brake
My car fucked up the other day.....Ford's what a bunch of noshers....you should have seen the wiring, and the design of the CPS and ECU loom routes is just aweful. You have been warned. DO NOT BUY ANOTHER CAR FROM THERE....cowboys bla bla bla
Old 26-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Efe,
Show us some pictures of your install then, maybe it is an improvement on Ian's, but his was never going to work .
Old 26-07-2004, 04:20 PM
angel45
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I would also like to add when the engine formley known as Spades engine bit the dust Paul was the first to offer help and advice , I was thinking about calling it a day then but without Pauls help and assistance my car wouldn’t be in one piece
Ian IMO you are Fucking mad taking your car to SCS but @ the end of the day your car your money
Old 26-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Ian@Racetek,
Guys, to be fair though... I cannot expect a car that made 576bhp on the rollers to be reliable
I disagree, I'm going to kick the living shit out of mine and I expect it to be 101% reliable and I bet it is as well. I would not have spent the money if I didn't think it would last.... that would be stupid in my opinion!
Old 26-07-2004, 04:24 PM
cossymad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

porkie wrote;
I disagree, I'm going to kick the living shit out of mine and I expect it to be 101% reliable and I bet it is as well. I would not have spent the money if I didn't think it would last.... that would be stupid in my opinion!
If it goes bang either....
a. We will not find out
b. It would not be anybodies fault
Old 26-07-2004, 04:25 PM
Jon ERST S2
PassionFord Post Troll

If everything is designed correctly with parts strong enough and fuelling etc is spot on. Why would anything fail? (other than a component failure, i.e injector etc)

saying your pushing a 250bhp engine to 600bhp well you aren't really as most of the components inside AREN't from a 250bhp engine.

Anyway, I'm more than happy with Pauls mapping on my car. Goes really well.
Old 26-07-2004, 04:27 PM
cossymad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If everything is designed correctly with parts strong enough and fuelling etc is spot on. Why would anything fail? (other than a component failure, i.e injector etc)
Twat
obvious statemeant of the day
Old 26-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Ima-Racing500
Advanced PassionFord User

The point being that the GT35 is a shite turbo on a YB...as you saw this car on the thread made 550bhp at 28psi...turning it up caused problems...but hey wether lo comp or hi...more than 28psi from a turbo like this is asking for trouble!!!!But if the customer comes in and says i want 600bhp lets go for it...all you can do is what the customer wants..this kinda BHP 550 plus aint never gonna be reliable for long.

Looking at it sensibly how the hell can a tuner warranty an engine that he hasnt actually developed...if Paul had said look lets go 600bhp on your motor..then fair enuff..but i suspect he was asked to produce more power......

I'd say stick to a lo comp 500bhp motor...and stay at that as anything more is experimental at the mo and no one CAN offer you 600plus BHP with a 12 months warranty YET.....with the 500bhp i understand you do..is that true Mike????Does Harvey warranty the 500 conversion?
Old 26-07-2004, 04:30 PM
Jon ERST S2
PassionFord Post Troll

whats with the twat comment

I'm saying the statement about you expect a high power engine to blow up is bollocks.

Mike says the external wastegate WASN'T designed properly.

Twat
obvious statemeant of the day
Old 26-07-2004, 04:31 PM
Anonymous
Banned

When people spend alot of money on their engines, they are paying for power, not necessarily realiability. If you had the choice to spend money on realiability, the route of tuning you would take would be a completely different one, I assume.
I think it is unfair to slate a paricular tuner, at all, anyone as the full story is rarely heard.
Read Ian's last post, and Angel45 carefully.
No-one sits here slating 250hp engines that fail, yet pushing 600!!!!! It's inevetable that something will brake
My car fucked up the other day.....Ford's what a bunch of noshers....you should have seen the wiring, and the design of the CPS
So what you saying, you pay large amounts of cash so have to put up with a crap job..............?? I understand what your saying about realiability but that is totally different from a shite quality of work and/or customer service.

In your opinion Paul's work is cool and I bet no matter what evidence someone put up saying that not being the case you would always try and reply with something, it's kind of like people can't accept peeps they look up to actually turn out to be shite!!LOL, bit like gaybird and SCS LOL

(a joke btw Mike!)

Tuners that do any of the following should stay out of business IMO:

1. Tuner that takes on job above their abilities.

2. Tuner that does does not take pride in the quality of their work - but this raises a problem that someones 'pride in the quality of their work' may be actually be shite, they just don't know it!!

3. Tuner who makes a mistake but can't put his hand up to it and sort something out, instead just fobs off customer, i.e shite cusomter service.

Like I said look around and it's easy to see the real quality tuners around...
Old 26-07-2004, 04:36 PM
Anonymous
Banned

The point being that the GT35 is a shite turbo on a YB
Talking bollocks I see IMA, I expected more from you as I know your not really that thick!!

GT35 is fine on a YB if the engine is specced properly, end of!
Old 26-07-2004, 04:39 PM
cossymad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

component failure is the cause of engine failure (regardless of cause)

Dan I was not saying that at all
also what evidence has been shown to me?
If the real reasons were examined, before the slating began, then maybe opinions would be different.
All tuners get slated whether on or off here so make your own minds up. [/quote]
Old 26-07-2004, 04:39 PM
Anonymous
Banned

But if the customer comes in and says i want 600bhp lets go for it...all you can do is what the customer wants..this kinda BHP 550 plus aint never gonna be reliable for long.
No, first of all you ask yourself can I deliver what this customer wants and do I know what the fook I am doing. So many tuners just say yeah I can do that for you, give me the cash and then fook it up and have the fooking nerve to try and blame the customers.
Old 26-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Ian M

and Tony @ Turbosystems are the ONLY 2 garages that i have never heard any complaints about
well you have now mannocks melted my engine fact!
Old 26-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Ima-Racing500

Yes a grand turbo Dan...aslong as you stay at around 28psi and 550bhp.... After you get issues.

Remember that RR 550bhp would equate to 600plus on a dyno....and Ians probably around 650bhp

So no less powerful than Martins engine with that turbo i beleive????Could he have turned the boost up more???Karls aswell is on one aint he???Only seen a RR sheet for 600bhp aswell.
Old 26-07-2004, 04:51 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Remember that RR 550bhp would equate to 600plus on a dyno....and Ians probably around 650bhp
I don't beleive any bullshit rolling road figures from anywhere from any car, total hear say propaganda rubbish IMO!!!

And I do not beleive Ian engine was 650bhp at the fly on pump fuel from a high compression engine!! Well it might it the once before it goes bang!!

Use some sense, look at Rods and Prokie's engine as a guide...
Old 26-07-2004, 04:54 PM
Ima-Racing500

Yep Porkies is a dynoed 600bhp at what boost more than 28psi????In car around 550bhp.

Rods the same.

Please tell me that cossie400's cxar is specced wrong along with Ians..as they all produce around the same BHP...so i think that shoots your theories Dan!
Old 26-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Yep Porkies is a dynoed 600bhp at what boost more than 28psi????In car around 550bhp.

Rods the same.

Please tell me that cossie400's cxar is specced wrong along with Ians..as they all produce around the same BHP...so i think that shoots your theories Dan!
I suggest you use the search button on PF and have a look, 32psi rings bell for both Rod's and Porkie's engine if I remember correctly but then I may be wrong, sure both of them will give the figure when they read the post!!
Old 26-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Fagin

Originally Posted by ian m
and Tony @ Turbosystems are the ONLY 2 garages that i have never heard any complaints about
well you have now mannocks melted my engine fact!
I'm sure Tony will be pleased to hear that....... he was then probably thinking he was being left out!!!! Mine is back with him now.... I wonder if he can melt mine at no extra charge??

Very sorry to here your bad news Ian..... like many I don't personally know you, but I can certainly sympathise. What ever you do, I hope you are eventually pleased!
Old 26-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Phil,
Ian's engine made 576bhp (on Paul's rollers ) @ 27/8psi, this was the supposed limit of the boost due to the (alleged 8.9:1 ) c/r. However, it super-spiked at 35psi due to the wastegate's poor design and complete inability to release excess boost at high gas speeds and subsequently the engine lunched itself. It had all the right bits, just a very poor wastegate design.
Old 26-07-2004, 05:18 PM
Ima-Racing500

Mike i know what it made and know the actual comp ratio....BUT i must say i am stunned by your input really i only used to see you as a defender not a stirrer!
Old 26-07-2004, 05:21 PM
Rene
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Phil i cant see why mike is stirring up things if those are facts the story is easy ... somebody clearly fooked up the wastegate design
Old 26-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Been hangin' around you too long .

If something is blatantly obviously and fundementally wrong, then I would not defend it. Just like a (eventually ) acknowledged that Dan had a fair point about the install probs he had with Harvey's mechanics (who no longer work there, with one of them having been sacked - take note Dan ).
Old 26-07-2004, 05:31 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Mike,

Let not start on about mine!!LOL Install was shite and so was the engine build when it came to attention to detail, like leaking sump, countless fooked threads (inlet and exhaust manifold were hanging off!!LOL)which needed helicoling. Which lead to me taking it out and try and sort it with help from a local garage. Engine failed from what , who knows why and who's if anybody's fault it was. But at the end of the day it come back to why I had to take the engine out in the first place etc etc. why I was contanstly trying to sort it out when ever the bodged piece of crap was given back to me etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Don't care what has changed at SCS but these companies WILL do a better quality of work all day long everyday of the year IMO (and deep down I reckon you may even agree with me!!LOL ):

Reyland, Zoo, Karl @ NMS, Stu/Kenny @ MSD
Old 26-07-2004, 06:13 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

porkie wrote;
If it goes bang either....
a. We will not find out
b. It would not be anybodies fault
a. Sean would know
b. So would Mike

You think THAT would be able to stay a secret??? are you smoking crack???
Old 26-07-2004, 06:20 PM
Ima-Racing500

Dan....out of interest if say one of the tuners you big up fucked up for somebody else,would you then join in and give them a kicking?...
Old 26-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Old 26-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Dan....out of interest if say one of the tuners you big up fucked up for somebody else,would you then join in and give them a kicking?...
Phil, I nearly always speak my mind so if I thought they were wrong I would say so...........the difference is I reckon the tuners I big up would sort something out if they fucked up and not take on job they can't do anyway to start with. Does anyone have complaints about the tuners I big up. I hever heard of anything!!LOL
Old 26-07-2004, 07:06 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

I have no complaints about the 2 tuners I have used! (who are both on your list Dan)

One I spent a small amount with, the other I spend quite a large amount with...

Quick Reply: gt 35 compressor stall