General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

gt 35 compressor stall

Search this Thread

Old 26-07-2004, 09:37 PM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Paul

so you think for what Ian paid was cheap then ? i think it's degrace tobe honest

get who you like ......you must think we all have the same budget as Colin McRay and Carlos Sainz...

not ben funny but you fooked his engine and you wont help him out

he has a 70k car sitting there doing nothing with af ooked engine and thats all you can say .....i think you need to sort him out bad news travel very fast...Rs sceen..trust me !!

I don't know Ian that well but i do know him i am defending him because he spent alot of money with you and you wont sort him out ...take his money and run..

don't worry i won't mension about the gasket
Old 26-07-2004, 09:38 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marco polo
Paul

so you think for what Ian paid was cheap then ? i think it's degrace tobe honest

get who you like ......you must think we all have the same budget as Colin McRay and Carlos Sainz...

not ben funny but you fooked his engine and you wont help him out

he has a 70k car sitting there doing nothing with af ooked engine and thats all you can say .....i think you need to sort him out bad news travel very fast...Rs sceen..trust me !!

I don't know Ian that well but i do know him i am defending him because he spent alot of money with you and you wont sort him out ...take his money and run..

don't worry i won't mension about the gasket

well said

bad news travels faster then good news
Old 26-07-2004, 09:40 PM
Disabled Account
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveEscos
Originally Posted by Doug Stirling
Originally Posted by marco polo
Pinhead would have built you a 600+bhp engine for la lot less than the cost of a 500bhp engine
Would Marco/someone please tell me who Pinhead is Confused.
he's only he most scariest mother fucker to have ever starred in a film!
Wow..........so he acts in films, drives realy fast, builds a good strong YB engine and plays drums/sings.......

A proper hero is Martin
Old 26-07-2004, 09:42 PM
DaveEscos
BANNED
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

spot on Doug.. fook knows how he keeps his skin like he does , what with all those pins!
Old 26-07-2004, 09:43 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

@ Doug

I used to have nightmares about the real Pinhead
Old 26-07-2004, 09:43 PM
Benn 304R
10K+ Poster!!

Also dave, must be bastard when he has to get dressed or wipe his arse
Old 26-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Ive seen the bills! Thas not what id class as cheap or a good deal! Esp the extras list!
Old 26-07-2004, 10:30 PM
Ima-Racing500
Advanced PassionFord User

Well said Paul I cant beleive how many tossers on this thread who aint got a clue about real life let alone mapping..ROFL..are commenting

Marco i know Ian well aswell we had many a chat....i like him..i like Paul too...but WHAT right have you or ANYONE but Ian himself got to put the boot in

I remember Mark Shead got the same treatment once here too PassionFord...an ok place to be aslong as your a face

I NEVER stick up for anyone....but i know that Paul and Mark are 2 of the best about...so please people go see EA you WILL get a proper job done..dont always beleive the sheep who hang out of haters arses...
Old 26-07-2004, 10:33 PM
Ima-Racing500

..and especially for you Martin Hadland.....why did you have to put the..."your be ok with SCS in"??????No doubt he will be...but why are YOU so disrespectful?...Please forget my truce PM yesterday.........its a bandwagon...hence why i so renown...you all love a good hater..except i dont hate i tell the fooking truth.
Old 26-07-2004, 10:35 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Fook off to bed Phil before you cause anymore trouble with your beer fuelled arguments and opinions... youve slated a few peeps yourself as i recall..
Old 26-07-2004, 10:44 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ima-Racing500
..and especially for you Martin Hadland.....why did you have to put the..."your be ok with SCS in"??????No doubt he will be...but why are YOU so disrespectful?....
Flippa, I'm sure Martin wasn't being one little bit disrespectful! He was merely trying to put Ian's mind @ rest after the SCS slating began - I would imagine Ian's feeling a bit wary at the moment.
Old 26-07-2004, 10:46 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

..and especially for you Martin Hadland.....why did you have to put the..."your be ok with SCS in"??????No doubt he will be...but why are YOU so disrespectful?...Please forget my truce PM yesterday.........its a bandwagon...hence why i so renown...you all love a good hater..except i dont hate i tell the fooking truth.
listen you glycomongoloid, where did i write"your be ok with scs"?
i wrote "i reckon its in safe hands now" simply because the car is at harveys and i believe its in safe hands now...... fyi i gave no credibility to your pm anyhow!
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

I read it EXACTLY the same way Bill.. and so did PHIL IMO
Rs Gus
impreza wrx sti version 8

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fagin
Originally Posted by ian m
and Tony @ Turbosystems are the ONLY 2 garages that i have never heard any complaints about
well you have now mannocks melted my engine fact!
I'm sure Tony will be pleased to hear that....... he was then probably thinking he was being left out!!!! Mine is back with him now.... I wonder if he can melt mine at no extra charge??

Very sorry to here your bad news Ian..... like many I don't personally know you, but I can certainly sympathise. What ever you do, I hope you are eventually pleased!
i also know someone who tony has directly melted their engine FACT!
Old 26-07-2004, 10:47 PM
DaveEscos
BANNED
BANNED

whats a 'glycomongoloid' ?
Old 26-07-2004, 10:49 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Originally Posted by Billabong
..and especially for you Martin Hadland.....why did you have to put the..."your be ok with SCS in"??????No doubt he will be...but why are YOU so disrespectful?....
Flippa, I'm sure Martin wasn't being one little bit disrespectful! He was merely trying to put Ian's mind @ rest after the SCS slating began - I would imagine Ian's feeling a bit wary at the moment.
spot on bill
Old 26-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

glyco mongol oid ........ someone who lives on another planet and takes too much crack
Old 26-07-2004, 10:51 PM
DaveEscos
BANNED
BANNED

aaahh.. phil then!
Old 26-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Benn 304R
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by martin-reyland
glyco mongol oid ........ someone who lives on another planet and takes too much crack
aaahh.. phil then!

Old 26-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Ima-Racing500

Stu..why do you think its beer fuelled..i am stone sober..fook me i aint an alcoholic AND i say the same comments during the day

Its so easy for anyone to say..he fooking drunk..wake up what i say i say in the right frame of mind.

Martin my PM was very genuine..but asking to meet up face to face at a Reyland bash was a bit stupid..how about you meet up face to face with my posse around me??...When i say posse i mean 5 Rottweilers..ROFL.

Here comes my ban for speaking against a face that Stu gets on with Wish you had the same loyalty to a tuner getting slandered.....Yes i have had a go at peeps but with good reason and nowt to do with ability i might add!
Old 26-07-2004, 11:01 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Martin my PM was very genuine...

!

oh yes, sure! no more drink for you tonight eh!
Old 26-07-2004, 11:08 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

WHAT right have you or ANYONE but Ian himself got
I have got the right to comment, ian said himself earlier in the thread, ive seen the bills, the car, the whole story...

Mike has on the wastegate mount as he seen it.

Old 26-07-2004, 11:10 PM
Ima-Racing500

Yes..i aint got no axe to grind...why would i???I only started this cause YOU got fucked off with me asking what happened at Gumball..which was a genuine post..its not my fault many others wanted to know also...and took it out of hand I was out the whole evening expecting to come back to an answer.I asked due to Lee posting or oking pictures of him bloodied up..i apologised for the upset.

But this reply will fall as per usual on deaf ears..or should i say blind eyes..LOL.
Old 26-07-2004, 11:15 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Yes..i aint got no axe to grind...why would i???I only started this cause YOU got fucked off with me asking what happened at Gumball..which was a genuine post..its not my fault many others wanted to know also...and took it out of hand I was out the whole evening expecting to come back to an answer.I asked due to Lee posting or oking pictures of him bloodied up..i apologised for the upset.

But this reply will fall as per usual on deaf ears..or should i say blind eyes..LOL.
stop drinking NOW!
Old 26-07-2004, 11:22 PM
Ima-Racing500

Yes i think you should mate!

Goodnight and safe dreams
Old 27-07-2004, 07:33 AM
B19-TRB
Professional Waffler

Having spent a good 45mins on the phone with a upet & pissed off Paul Hills last night there is undoubtably(spl) 2 sides to every story & hearing both sides of the coin there r a lot of things that have not been explained & not been said on this post! 1 reason or another Paul has decided to obviously not post the full facts hear for want of not startin a slaggin match!

I think as usual ppl who dont have a clue have jumped on the band wagon & gone with the big names lol

Mike I assume u r reguirtating what u heard harvey sayin when u had ur tongue firmly up his arse! & to b honest yes he is gunna slate Paul, & i understand things with effy's engine were "apprently" said by Paul which he told me himself he didnt say!

Yes the design of the external waste gate pipin was not the best & could b @ fault(I say could be as i have limited/no knowledge of external watse gate etc) but when a customer brings u a car says that what i got that what i want make it fit, what r u supose to do!?

Its hard to try & get the point across without statin the facts but Paul has chosen not to & so I cant put what they r & Ian is also my friend & i dont wnna slate either of them as without either of them my car probably still b sat in the garage!

I'm sure if ppl were to ask Pal in person he would explain the situation a lil more & wouldmayb change a few of your minds! this in relation to both Ian's car & effey's!

Like I said to Pual yesterday & some1 mentioned on here bad news does travel extremeely fast & ppl soon forget all the good stuff! as Paul said this is the only car to let go that he has fully built!
Old 27-07-2004, 07:42 AM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

nicely said lewis
Old 27-07-2004, 07:54 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Having spent a good 45mins on the phone with a upet & pissed off Paul Hills last night there is undoubtably(spl) 2 sides to every story & hearing both sides of the coin there r a lot of things that have not been explained & not been said on this post! 1 reason or another Paul has decided to obviously not post the full facts hear for want of not startin a slaggin match!
Paul also phoned me, and his version of events COMPLETELY conflicted with Ian's (whose were witnessed by several people including Efe) . Now I accept there are two sides to every story and so listened to what Paul had to say with great interest.

I think as usual ppl who dont have a clue have jumped on the band wagon & gone with the big names lol
I wouldn't think too much if I was you, you'll make yourself look silly

Mike I assume u r reguirtating what u heard harvey sayin when u had ur tongue firmly up his arse! & to b honest yes he is gunna slate Paul, & i understand things with effy's engine were "apprently" said by Paul which he told me himself he didnt say!
Actually, I told him that when he showed me the photos before the car even went to Harvey's, so what have you to say to that? Harvey had never seen or heard anything about the car until last week, when Ian decided (after various phone calls) to take it to SCS.

Yes the design of the external waste gate pipin was not the best & could b @ fault(I say could be as i have limited/no knowledge of external watse gate etc) but when a customer brings u a car says that what i got that what i want make it fit, what r u supose to do!?
You're being misled, Ian asked for something that worked and when a top tuner gives you something, you assume it is properly researched. At the time, the poor boost control was actually blamed on a too strong wastegate spring . When it was finished, Ian asked how hard he could drive it and the response (in front of Efe) was "as hard as you like". If a problem was KNOWN, please explain why the customer was allowed to drive the car in this state or the car was allowed to leave like this? Ian is not a tuner and if someone who should know what the score is tells him everything is okay, then he is obviously going to accept that.
Old 27-07-2004, 07:57 AM
cossymad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

lewis wrote;
Lewis I know excactly what you mean.
I think if other people looked at the greater picture they too would understand a little more about the whole situation.
Customer is always right and all that bla bla bla........

A guy comes into my shop and says 'I want 19'' wheels on my Saxo, will they fit?''
''Yes'', I reply '' BUT they will rub and you may get handling problems etc etc''
''That's OK'' he chirped up, with his bling head on.
Got the wheelss for him put them on, 2 weeks later I see the car with half the rear quarter missing, and no body kit.
I said ''What the fuck happened to your car?? You just had that kit fitted a month ago!!!???''
He replied in a quite voice...'' The wheel caught the arch, like you said it would, and ripped it and half the quarter clean away!!!''
Needless to say, at least I was not slated to death on www.passionsaxo.com.
Old 27-07-2004, 08:01 AM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Originally Posted by B19-TRB

i have axe to grind with paul and have never met him but if i had been in his shoes and ian had asked me to fit the wastegate in the way it was, i would have declined the work!
Old 27-07-2004, 08:02 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Just so you know, Paul told me that Ian INSISTED to him that he got to keep his WRC manifold. He did not insist on using the EGR pipe's, this was EA's choice on how to comply with Ian's request....
Old 27-07-2004, 08:03 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

Sorry guys,
Ive been contacted by an agrieved party in this topic and im locking it in everybodys interest.
Old 27-07-2004, 08:21 AM
B19-TRB
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Paul also phoned me
Yea he said he was goin to I told him to put a butch voice on!

I wouldn't think too much if I was you, you'll make yourself look silly
I dont quite understnad here!?

Actually, I told him that when he showed me the photos before the car even went to Harvey's, so what have you to say to that? Harvey had never seen or heard anything about the car until last week, when Ian decided (after various phone calls) to take it to SCS.
That comment was made in jest Mike!

You're being misled, Ian asked for something that worked and when a top tuner gives you something, you assume it is properly researched. At the time, the poor boost control was actually blamed on a too strong wastegate spring . When it was finished, Ian asked how hard he could drive it and the response (in front of Efe) was "as hard as you like". If a problem was KNOWN, please explain why the customer was allowed to drive the car in this state or the car was allowed to leave like this? Ian is not a tuner and if someone who should know what the score is tells him everything is okay, then he is obviously going to accept that.
My understanding is Ian went to Paul with a gt35 & external wastegate, Paul had made recommendations of parts to change on Ians current exhaust setup, but Ian didn’t want to loose certain accepts of the cars WRC look/feel & instructed Paul to make it fit with what he had already got! To which Paul did! As u can see there was fook all room to work with & hence being y the pipes were designed in that way! If u look @ effy’s engine u should see that he has gone the route Paul suggested & loves the car & has had no further problems!

To be honest Mike my knowledge is very very miminal as In I could tell u if it was a external; waste gate or not & that about it! I am only relayin info given from paul & addin my opnions & tryin to stick up for some1 who I think is very good & has done nothing wrong by me & has been very helpful as to as Ian & don’t wanna piss either off! lol