General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Fookin Harveys (furniture)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 10:59 AM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fookin Harveys (furniture)

orderd a dinning room table and chairs on the 2nd of Jan, delivery should take between 2-4 weeks they said.

Still no dinning room table and chairs and the fella syas he cant say when we will get it, so i say "just gives us our money back mate" cant do that Mr Tait read your contract!!!!!

Now i say you read yours mate, any way the phone call ends with me still not happy and still no goods

Can i do anything surely they cant get away with this shite
Old 08-02-2006, 11:28 AM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

any one suggest any thing please
Old 08-02-2006, 11:32 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what does your contract say? have you spoken to the manager?
Old 08-02-2006, 11:42 AM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

contracts states that the delivery time is approx and there is only a 14 day money back gaurentee the manager was not in, the shop was meant to phone me back on Monday to give us a del date AGAIN and we have heard nowt
Old 08-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Anonymous
Banned

I would say mate if you can, go down there and sort it out. speaking face to face with someone might get it sorted. Or keep phoning them so your getting on there tits that they do something about it. Be pissed off about it (which im sure you are), but not rude to them. and see what happens from there.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:53 AM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

thanks mate im gonna go down and see them like you say, but in the mean time the missus has brought a new one from debenhams so im going to ask Harveys for my money back or vouchers to spend in there shop to ease the fuck up shall we say
Old 08-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Anonymous
Banned

thats fair enough mate. if ya already got something else, explain that ya cant be sitting on the fucking floor eating ya dinner so you got it from somewhere else as they didnt stick to the time of delivery and still havent given u a time or a fone call to let ya know what going on.. but yeh defo go down and let us know how ya got on
Old 08-02-2006, 11:59 AM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

will do mate
Old 08-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

stand in the shop and keep asking them very loudly why has it taken so long ???

see how many other customers leave ... then say you will be nice and quiet if they do ya some form of refund
Old 08-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Isnt it 14 days from when u recive the goods??I to have orderd a table from harveys lol and im still waiting bought it when u did but im happy waiting
Old 08-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Anonymous
Banned

and if ya waiting at the customer service desk and no one is there do what i did and took the pleasure of using there microphone to get someone to the front desk. its amazing how quickly they come over and help ya when ya shout "ECHO" over the tannoy
Old 08-02-2006, 12:04 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i thought that aswell mate but the fella says NO its from when you sign up, the thing is we brought it cash and just want it back really

which one did you order
Old 08-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Anonymous
Banned

i got the moscow lol i think or somthing big glass fucker looked cool just waiting now lol
Old 08-02-2006, 01:31 PM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My sister has had the same problem with harveys, she ordered it NOV they told her that her new dining table and chairs would be pre xmas, and they called 3 days before and said it will be after xmas, then she finally got it on the 6th Jan, she put it toghether and the underneath was all split, so its now feb the table is fooked and they still havnt changed it

They said they need a inspector to come and assess it first!!

Ł600 & A fooked table and 1 chair had all the screws missing
Old 08-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Dan B
Advanced PassionFord User

Pulled straight from the DTI website, on the Distance Selling Regulations Act (important parts in bold):

The main provisions of the Regulations are that:

• Consumers must be given clear information about the goods or services before buying;

Goods must be delivered within thirty days unless agreed otherwise;

Consumers have a cooling off period in which they can withdraw from the contract for any reason. The cooling off period begins as soon as the order has been made. In the case of goods, it ends seven working days after the day of receipt of the goods. In the case of services, it ends seven working days after the day the order were made. If the consumer agrees to the service beginning within the seven days, the right to cancel ends when the service starts; and

• Where consumers notify the supplier in writing or another durable medium that they wish to cancel the contract, they must be refunded within 30 days all money paid.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

been there done that never again

Tho they did give me the old will be 4 to 12 weeks, nice big gap but no worrys, 26 weeks later
Old 08-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan B
Pulled straight from the DTI website, on the Distance Selling Regulations Act (important parts in bold):

The main provisions of the Regulations are that:

• Consumers must be given clear information about the goods or services before buying;

• Goods must be delivered within thirty days unless agreed otherwise;

• Consumers have a cooling off period in which they can withdraw from the contract for any reason. The cooling off period begins as soon as the order has been made. In the case of goods, it ends seven working days after the day of receipt of the goods. In the case of services, it ends seven working days after the day the order were made. If the consumer agrees to the service beginning within the seven days, the right to cancel ends when the service starts; and

• Where consumers notify the supplier in writing or another durable medium that they wish to cancel the contract, they must be refunded within 30 days all money paid.
think you will find that is for stuff ordered over the phone or internet ..
Old 08-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Dan B
Advanced PassionFord User

He did mention phone-calls and ordering in the original post, I assumed the ordering had been done over the phone aswell...

But yes, Eagle's right, the above information that I posted doesn't apply if you went into the shop and bought the furniture.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:38 PM
XR-RS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I work in a furniture store and we keep everything in stock so our delivery is a maximum of 7 days.

We also have the same stock that all these big name furniture stores have and youre paying about 4 times what they cost to buy in

Big overheads, big prices
Old 08-02-2006, 05:48 PM
MATCOS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

HARVEYS are the worst and I mean absolute worst place I have ever had the misfortune to use-it makes me mad just thinking about how utterly SHIT they are
Old 08-02-2006, 07:45 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

phoned head office after a heated phone call to our local shop and they are gonna cancel my order lets just see what happens eh
Old 08-02-2006, 09:34 PM
poshchatterbox
Virgin

i brought a dinning table from harveys, 3 weeks before christmas, paid in full and left the shop. then like you i had phone call to say it was out of stock,
after i explained that i had guest for christmas, and we could'nt possibly eat our chrimbo dinner off our laps, they said they would investigate further

then a woman rang from the company, and told me that they would send out a table from the shop, we could use, until mine came, so they delivered that one to my house

about 3 days later, had phone call to say mine was going to be delivered, i phoned the shop and said come and get the spare one, but they said use ours and return it after christmas,

if they had'nt have done this i would have threatened them with WATCHDOG!!!!!!!!

no company likes bad press
Old 08-02-2006, 11:16 PM
M Brian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

opposite for me with Harveys....

ordered it early jan.... guy in the store helped me out with a bit of a blag.
delivered yesterday!

only fookin problem is customer services are totally shit.

i got a phone call late friday 5:30-6ish saying your delivery will be tuesday!! FFS totally out of the blue - how the hell am supposed get time off work - told this to guy and he said thats when its booked, I cant change it. ring on Monday to confirm your time and ask them if it can be rearranged. no answer on Monday permantly engaged... then gets a text saying 12-3pm tuesday with a different cust serv to ring..... no answer! only number I got to work was a automated line to tell me between 12-3 delivery ffs!!

anyway got the store to sort it out and the driver to ring me 15 mins before he arrived - they did and I nipped home from work to take delivery.

haven't unpacked it yet so this could be interesting!!
Old 09-02-2006, 05:51 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no joy as yet

was thinking about getting my visa company to get the money back for me

can this be done??

failing that its gonna be watchdog
Old 09-02-2006, 06:09 PM
JamesR
Regular Contributor

I ordered a leather suite in store 3 weeks ago on Saturday and they delivered it the following Saturday ( 2weeks ago). Quite impressed with that and they gave us a number to ring the day before to give us our delivery slot. They said between 8 and 11 and got it before 10am.

More than happy with that.

Im sorry about your situation and hope you get it sorted as pain free as possible.
Old 13-03-2006, 12:27 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well the latest is still no dinning room table and chairs but got my money back

the manager shit his pants when i went in the shop and emptied it of all its customers within 1 minute
Old 13-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you got it sorted.

For future reference you could stipulate on the order form a delivery date - if Harveys don't like it you can refuse to buy.

Then, if the date passes without the goods they are in breach of contract and you are entitled to cancel, get a refund and argue about compo if you can show a loss as a result of their failure (eg bought the same goods elsewhere at a higher price).

Without this being done at the time, you could have written making "time of the essence" and allowing a reasonable amount of time from the date of the letter. If they then fail to deliver you are entitled to cancel (so long as you allowed reasonable time).

The Distance Selling Regs only apply when you buy over the phone or web, or they sell to you at home. If you go into the shop during the negotiations they don't apply.

Finally, if you paid on a credit card (not Switch, Maestro or a charge card) and don't get the goods, you can seek a refund from the card company and leave them to sort it out with the supplier.
Old 14-03-2006, 07:10 PM
RichardC
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

guess which Company were on Watchdog tonight for non delivery of furnature?
Old 14-03-2006, 07:14 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ha ha just watched on sky + mate so so glad i got my money back we were giving all them excuses about the floods in the USA, the gas in Ukraine and the varnish