Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

What wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 14-09-2017, 09:42 PM
europatek

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What wheels?

Does anyone know what these wheels are? Spotted on a 3 door on Youtube.
And the size - 17" x 8" maybe as they seem to fill the arches well.
I'm thinking maybe a Japanese wheel manufacturer.
Old 14-09-2017, 10:07 PM
Adam-M
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 316 Likes on 289 Posts

Look like xxr's to me, I'll see if I can find a link for them on eBay...
Old 14-09-2017, 10:09 PM
Adam-M
PassionFord Post Troll

Xxr's on a saph I seen<br/><br/>https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332265194535
Old 15-09-2017, 07:00 AM
europatek

Great thanks. What you reckon is the best size for a 3 door? 17 x 8 with ET35 offset? I like the same size both ends and really dislike the look of the tyre being too small for the rim like on the back of that Saff. The pic I attached looks just right to me.
Old 15-09-2017, 07:38 AM
cossynut2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 399 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by europatek
Great thanks. What you reckon is the best size for a 3 door? 17 x 8 with ET35 offset? I like the same size both ends and really dislike the look of the tyre being too small for the rim like on the back of that Saff. The pic I attached looks just right to me.
Size wise its your personal choice, but if your car is lowered you will need to check to make sure there will be no tyre/arches rubbing. ET35 is the correct offset.
I am with you on the stretched tyre look, i hate it and cannot see the point, plus you have to be ultra careful not to curb your new expensive wheels!
Old 15-09-2017, 09:57 AM
Adam-M
PassionFord Post Troll

I know saph is et33/et35 but don't know about 3drs. I know some people have to trim their arches on some wheels. Personally I'd try to run as wide as possible on a rwd car.
Old 15-09-2017, 01:01 PM
europatek

Thanks again guys. I'm in Australia and the trouble I have is trying to get decent wheels in a 4 x 108 fitment. They are around for Focus etc... but very hard for Sierra as the cars weren't sold new here. When I had my Saff I imported some via Demon Tweeks. I know you can get the XXR wheels here but I bet when I ask about them and explain what the fitment is it will be special order etc......so no opportunity to try before I buy. Would be fine if I had a Focus or Jap car but a Sierra.... hence all my questions. I'm thinking 17 x 7.5 or 8 with same size tyres each end which makes for easy rotation.
Old 15-09-2017, 03:57 PM
cossynut2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thanks again guys. I'm in Australia and the trouble I have is trying to get decent wheels in a 4 x 108 fitment. They are around for Focus etc... but very hard for Sierra as the cars weren't sold new here. When I had my Saff I imported some via Demon Tweeks. I know you can get the XXR wheels here but I bet when I ask about them and explain what the fitment is it will be special order etc......so no opportunity to try before I buy. Would be fine if I had a Focus or Jap car but a Sierra.... hence all my questions. I'm thinking 17 x 7.5 or 8 with same size tyres each end which makes for easy rotation.
Quite often other cars have the same fitment, check out what wheels fit other makes and it may give you more choice? 17x7.5 or 17x8.0 are both good sizes for your car. Has it got the standard wheels on it at the moment?
Old 16-09-2017, 02:39 AM
europatek

The car has 16" BBS wheels on it now. They're ok but not my favourite. I'm getting ahead of myself a little as this is a car I am looking to buy shortly so just dreaming and researching a few upgrades I'd like on it. It's reg is D858HEX if anyone can provide some history on it other than HPI which I have done. I'm also wondering which EPROMs are regarded as the best these days? When I had my Saff it had a Superchip in it running greys and I swapped it for a Bayjoo chip from Burton and then ultimately changed the whole system to Autronic. With this car which is currently standard I'd like a stage one upgrade with 1bar boost and standard injectors. I'll add a Magnex exhaust and a K&N filter. BUt which chips are the best plug in and go? Bear in mind no one in Australia has the Weber tuning gear so the chip needs to be pretty right first time.
Old 16-09-2017, 09:29 AM
Adam-M
PassionFord Post Troll

Depends on how good you want the car to perform, MSD chip would probably be the best but you'd be better off going for a modern ecu I'm sure there would be lots of folk in Australia who could map it. Is running autronic an option again?
Old 16-09-2017, 10:14 PM
cossynut2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The car has 16" BBS wheels on it now. They're ok but not my favourite. I'm getting ahead of myself a little as this is a car I am looking to buy shortly so just dreaming and researching a few upgrades I'd like on it. It's reg is D858HEX if anyone can provide some history on it other than HPI which I have done. I'm also wondering which EPROMs are regarded as the best these days? When I had my Saff it had a Superchip in it running greys and I swapped it for a Bayjoo chip from Burton and then ultimately changed the whole system to Autronic. With this car which is currently standard I'd like a stage one upgrade with 1bar boost and standard injectors. I'll add a Magnex exhaust and a K&N filter. BUt which chips are the best plug in and go? Bear in mind no one in Australia has the Weber tuning gear so the chip needs to be pretty right first time.
If you are only wanting a very modest increase in performance an off the shelf chip and the existing ecu, ignition etc should be fine providing they are in tip top condition.
Old 17-09-2017, 10:17 AM
europatek

My plan with this car, should I strike a deal with the seller, is to keep it mostly standard as the car is a good original one that hasn't been messed with. So a modest boost in BHP and some suspension and wheel upgrades. Autronic is always an option but expensive. So this is what I am thinking;
- stage one upgrade with EPROM, K&N panel filter, -31 and Magnex exhaust.
- new engine harness - to ensure best performance.
- Koni suspension kit lowered 25mm or Eibach Prokit lowered 20mm
- XXR527 wheels in gold. 17 x 7.5 with 215/40 tyres.
I'm looking for a neat and tidy, modestly improved road car that can easily be returned to standard if desired. Good news is I've found a few XXR dealers here in Aus who seem happy to machine the wheels to suit the car as they can be bought in as blank. Happy days ahead I hope. Just need to get the car!