Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

ECU multiplug wires on 3 door - Missing 12V battery

Search this Thread

Old 22-05-2017, 09:11 PM
MadsBL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ECU multiplug wires on 3 door - Missing 12V battery

Hi People,

I have a 3 door RS Cosworth With 4x4 engine and L8 ECU and a brand new engine loom With Integrated fuel pump loom in it, from CW Looms.

Just finished up the wiring work today, but I have one issue.
The ECU multiplug from the car loom underneat the dash on the passenger side (LHD) have 4 wires Attached to the Connector, and they are joined together with the new Connector from the new engine loom.

My question is, where does the 3 door RS Cosworth gets the 12V battery feed from on the ECU multipug, when it's on a standard L1 loom? I can not find any cable that should have been Attached to the ECU multiplug that has 12V battery Power.
Old 22-05-2017, 10:53 PM
velocity
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The power supply is hot from the battery to fuse 27, then through the ecu power relay straight to ecu pin 20.
The relay also powers all 4 injectors.
Old 23-05-2017, 07:04 AM
MadsBL

Thanks for reply!

Fuse 27, is that one of them that sits underneat the dash/speedometer nearby the footwell? From what I can see there is some red/blue wires Attached to relay/fuses there but I can not see if they are numbered (like 26,27 etc)..

I have tacho, temp sender, fuel pump and ignition live at the multiplug now, only missing 12V live feed now to sort this. Was hoping to get this feed from inside the car where it was supposed to be from Stock/factory..
Old 23-05-2017, 07:46 AM
velocity
PassionFord Regular

Fuse 27 is in the normal fuse box under the bonnet, pin 20 is on the original ecu multyplug and should be live with ignition on,,
Old 23-05-2017, 08:45 AM
MadsBL

Originally Posted by velocity
Fuse 27 is in the normal fuse box under the bonnet, pin 20 is on the original ecu multyplug and should be live with ignition on,,

There is no number higher then 20 or 21 on the fuse Box under the bonnet on my 3 door, I looked twice last night.

I made a temporary wire from + on battery to the 12V battery feed Connector on the New loom's ECU multiplug to do a quick test and the car started and everything worked fine..

Last edited by MadsBL; 23-05-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 23-05-2017, 08:52 AM
velocity
PassionFord Regular

OK good stuff on getting it going, ill recheck my diagrams, cheers
Old 23-05-2017, 09:14 AM
MadsBL

OK good stuff on getting it going, ill recheck my diagrams, cheers

Appreciate Your help mate!

Trending Topics

Old 23-05-2017, 09:16 AM
velocity
PassionFord Regular

Just checked,, the ecu relay is under the original ecu area along with the fuel pump relay, both are yellow i think, and each should have a blade fuse close by or attached to the relay, and one will be fuse 27' for the ecu relay,
I was thinking of the 4x4 fuse box earlier
Cheers
Old 23-05-2017, 09:24 AM
MadsBL

Just checked,, the ecu relay is under the original ecu area along with the fuel pump relay, both are yellow i think, and each should have a blade fuse close by or attached to the relay, and one will be fuse 27' for the ecu relay,
I was thinking of the 4x4 fuse box earlier
Cheers

Yeah, the ECU relay and fuel pump relays With fuses is sorted, they are all New included in the New wiring loom from CW Looms. The issue is where the 12V Battery feed cable to ECU multiplug is suppose to be?

The wire that should have 12V battery feed on the multiplug is hooked up to the red/black wire that goes to the fuel pump (and that wire is no longer in use because of the New loom With Integrated fuel pump loom in it). I can do this the easy way, and route a New 12V battery cable from battery to multiplug With a fuse, but there should be a 12V battery feed somewhere nearby the multiplug Connector?
Old 23-05-2017, 09:49 AM
velocity
PassionFord Regular

Might be the best option,,also might be a good idea to run the new wire through an ignition activated relay just to avoid a possible power drain when all is switched off seeing as it will be direct from the battery.