Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Autocar mag - Sierra Cosworth

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Mike1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Autocar mag - Sierra Cosworth

Today's Autocar mag - 4 page article on the Ford Heritage Sierra Cosworth and how it's an appreciating classic. Worth a look maybe
Old 09-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Mike1
PassionFord Post Troll

Seems to like it too

Old 09-01-2013, 12:13 PM
lee2cossies
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Tidy I'l pick up a copy of that. Nice to see the cosworth getting some positive feedback from the press for a change. There was a write up in retro ford a while back on the heritage collection 3 door and the idiots ripped it to pieces!
Old 09-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Mike1
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by lee2cossies
Tidy I'l pick up a copy of that. Nice to see the cosworth getting some positive feedback from the press for a change. There was a write up in retro ford a while back on the heritage collection 3 door and the idiots ripped it to pieces!
Maybe it's had a new set of tyres?!!

It's interesting that the guy says it is better than he remembers it being when new - he reckoned it was a bit snappy on the limit and obviously didn't rate the original D40s
Old 10-01-2013, 12:18 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by lee2cossies
I am pretty sure them heritage collection example is a C reg (so 85) I have seen it 'in the flesh' it has a roll cage in it that Ford fitted when they were developing it.

Sadly that is the problem with the "heritage cars", they get lent to the press who hammer them etc.

Martin
Old 10-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Mike1
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by martysmartie
I am pretty sure them heritage collection example is a C reg (so 85) I have seen it 'in the flesh' it has a roll cage in it that Ford fitted when they were developing it.

Sadly that is the problem with the "heritage cars", they get lent to the press who hammer them etc.

Martin
Hi Martin,

The Heritage car they used is on a D-plate currently, D443 RVW i think, but you're right in that it has a cage. It was an ex-development car that was put back to near standard for the Heritage fleet.
Not sure what tyres they run it on currently but I guess there will be someone who comes on here who knows. Depends how enthusiastically it has been maintained since its development days like you say. The cage must help a little with the shell rigidity though

I thought it was high praise from Frankel who wrote the review as he generally doesn't come over as much of a Ford fan unlike Chris Harris and Jesse Crosse
Old 10-01-2013, 04:17 PM
the_frozen_one
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Martin
Some one who clearly knows nothing of the heritage centre

Trending Topics

Old 10-01-2013, 06:34 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by the_frozen_one
Some one who clearly knows nothing of the heritage centre
Seen the car have you? I have seen most the heritage collection in person at Ford, I have been a passenger round a track in the heritage Focus RS500!

Wow, I got the registration number wrong, big deal, you obviously know nothing about it, judging from your useless post on this thread !

Thanks for the heads up Mike, I had a brief look in the shop today, looks an interesting read, I think I will buy it for the nostalgia value if nothing else.

Martin
Old 10-01-2013, 06:44 PM
the_frozen_one

Originally Posted by martysmartass
Seen the car have you? I have seen most the heritage collection in person at Ford, I have been a passenger round a track in the heritage Focus RS500!

Wow, I got the registration number wrong, big deal, you obviously know nothing about it, judging from your useless post on this thread !

Thanks for the heads up Mike, I had a brief look in the shop today, looks an interesting read, I think I will buy it for the nostalgia value if nothing else.

Martin
Ford motor company employee, time served mechanic at dagenham site, former heritage mechanic.....you're move smartass
Old 10-01-2013, 06:59 PM
the_frozen_one

To add:

My main concern regards your comment was about the lending to press and hammering etc. statement. Made the heritage centre out to be very irresponsible,

Who gives a monkeys about a reg?
Old 10-01-2013, 08:17 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

So you work for Ford and yet you create a thread asking if CVH parts are still avaliable ?

It's true, the vehicles are lent to the press who do a road test and then give them back again, no where did I say that the heritage centre do not look after them.

Seen as you diden't mention anything specfic to justify your comment, I assumed you was referring to the registration part of my post, as everything else I said is correct.

Martin
Old 10-01-2013, 08:30 PM
the_frozen_one

So you work for Ford and yet you create a thread asking if CVH parts are still avaliable ?

It's true, the vehicles are lent to the press who do a road test and then give them back again, no where did I say that the heritage centre do not look after them.

Seen as you diden't mention anything specfic to justify your comment, I assumed you was referring to the registration part of my post, as everything else I said is correct.

Martin
Manufacturing (proper ford) has no links with ford retail and their pony franchise dealers, I have no way of checking stock levels with a magic crystal ball, I'd have to go to a stealership like anyone else. The one difference is that they loathe us real ford employees and are discounts and you struggle to get anything let alone long obsolete parts that require effort to locate. So the problem there is???

Cars are seldom given to press for road tests, that sierra has been out 3 times in as many years as far as I can recall, and journalists aren't allowed to hammer them about. Most cars that go out are displayed staticly.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:01 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Fair enough.

But I don't believe all journalists look after the cars, as said above by someone else as well, and how do you know what they will do once the vehicle leaves you?

Martin
Old 11-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Mike1
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by the_frozen_one
Manufacturing (proper ford) has no links with ford retail and their pony franchise dealers, I have no way of checking stock levels with a magic crystal ball, I'd have to go to a stealership like anyone else. The one difference is that they loathe us real ford employees and are discounts and you struggle to get anything let alone long obsolete parts that require effort to locate. So the problem there is???

Cars are seldom given to press for road tests, that sierra has been out 3 times in as many years as far as I can recall, and journalists aren't allowed to hammer them about. Most cars that go out are displayed staticly.
Hiya frozen_one

Any chance if you see the car about in the near future, you could have a check and see what rubber it's using at present - particularly as the journo reckoned it was handling so nicely at present ( plus he really didn't rate the OE Dunlops )

It's always interesting how a set of decent tyres can change opinions on the handling of a car - tyre tests using the same test car are a constant reminder of that

Cheers

Mike
Old 11-01-2013, 09:00 AM
the_frozen_one

Originally Posted by Mike1
Hiya frozen_one

Any chance if you see the car about in the near future, you could have a check and see what rubber it's using at present - particularly as the journo reckoned it was handling so nicely at present ( plus he really didn't rate the OE Dunlops )

It's always interesting how a set of decent tyres can change opinions on the handling of a car - tyre tests using the same test car are a constant reminder of that

Cheers

Mike
Don't get over there much these days but next time I do I'll try my best to remember to look at the boots
Old 12-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Mike1
PassionFord Post Troll

Here's a clip of the car they used

And also in this one

Old 12-01-2013, 02:21 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Seen them, I could not believe the chomps in that second clip , Mike it was also on Top Gear not so long back.

Martin