Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

another couple of problem's lol

Search this Thread

Old 21-04-2009, 10:55 PM
tezmanian devil
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another couple of problem's lol

evening all,
yet another problem has accured with my saph
this time it's the brake light's, they wont turn off lol didn't even notice until my old man was following me earlier and told me.

all the time the car is running the brake light's are on...???
is there a brake light switch or something that could be causing this? if so, where is it located? im not a mechanic so im not sure what im looking for...

i'v also got a problem with the speedo, it's fine going upto about 30mph, but after that it just drop's to about ten, sometime's it doesn't even go past ten to begin with

would this just be the cable d'you reckon?
if so, how hard/easy are they to change?

any help would be great
Old 21-04-2009, 11:00 PM
cossieDavedree
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

the switch is on the brake pedal, its a plunger push to make,

Possibly the speedo cable has worn on the end, or theres some other fault,, u need the steering wheel off and take the dials out via the screws around the panel etc, and disconnect the cable via the gearbox circlip,, but if the cable slips normally you can hear it clicking
Old 22-04-2009, 03:07 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The brake light switch is as said on the pedal, just follow it up with your hands and you'll soon see it, quiete simple with two wires going to it, ie feed in(live 12V) and feed out to lights when switched, it is a push to break switch, ie when pedal comes up and pushes on the switch the contacts inside are parted and stop the flow of current, yours may just need adjusting, to do this turn the body of the switch slightly and it releases it from the "holder" then just move as necessary to correct, which in your case would be so the plunger on the end is nearer the pedal, ie so it is pushed more to turn it off.
Occasionally they strip the threads on the switch and it moves when it's not supposed to, but new ones are not dear.
The speedo sounds like your cable, Matt Lewis (1543 484488) is the man for these, it is where the two ends of the broken cable contact each other it turns it a bit then it will just drop, as the speed overcomes the grip of the mashsed ends.
tabetha
Old 22-04-2009, 03:07 PM
tezmanian devil
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

thanx dude, it was the switch thing on the brake's.

i'll have to sort the speedo over the weekend... hopfully.
i dont think there's any clicky happening, i'll have a listen when i drive to the supermarket later.