Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

How Dangerous

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 07:53 PM
mmanse
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjim172000
ive only got a rwd 2 litre pinto sierra and that slides on the arse end really well cant even imagine what a cossie would do the way i drive at the mo i think i am only going to drive mine in the dry when i finish building it.

ive had a twin cam sierra and xr4i which were very easy to hang out wet or dry and very predictable! but find the 2wd cossie's were a handfull in the wet (bend's and straight's) if your letting the turbo kick in with any aggression what so ever! great cars in the dry though but i did start with a stage one saff and have been tacking the power up slowly but thats only
because i'm always skint since ive had it!!!
Old 23-01-2005, 01:43 PM
DRUE1
PassionFord Regular

my old cossie i had the back end out lots ov times first time was in the wet the day i bought it i was paying the dartford toll give it some and the arse end when was looking at a guy sideways but u do get used to it in the end great fun
Old 23-01-2005, 04:17 PM
john_p_b
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

just treat it with respect and you should be sound. just think of the cost if you end up sliding it into a curb or worse! should keep it all under control. i've had mine 3 weeks now and haven't yet dared once to really give it heavy throttle in even damp conditions as even on only about half throttle it span the wheels up in 4th in a straight line and sent it all over the bloody road! thankfully it was 5am so roads were quiet

getting a bit worried by the amount of you guys commenting how skint they make you!
Old 24-01-2005, 06:48 AM
hodgie
PassionFord Regular

Default pug 306 to 4X4 saph cossie

I jumped in straight at the deep end never had a fast ford before had only had a quick razz in a couple of rst's . Straight from a pug 306 1.8 too a 4x4 saph cossie was given a week by my mates before i killed myself have had the car almost a year now and have never looked back . awsome fun in the wet or dry i dont know how i lived without it before.
Had some great fun on the Autobahns some very surprised germans when a J reg Sierra leaves them standing when they are already doing over a 100mph
happy hunting........