Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

G404 XAS Anyone know this car??

Search this Thread

Old 17-02-2009, 10:26 PM
cozziepj
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G404 XAS Anyone know this car??

Anyone know this car its spend most its life in aberdeenshire as far as im aware and the previous 2 owners have stayed in cruden bay both registered on this site

Any history about it would be good

Old 18-02-2009, 08:19 PM
STUCOS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Never seen it before,have you just bought it ?

cheeRS stu

ps pm lambchop he we probably know it
Old 18-02-2009, 09:41 PM
cozziepj

yeah its new to me i seen it drivin about a few times in my area then when it came up for sale i just had to buy it lol, i got it of a guy called gary and he got it off a guy called smit both who stay in cruden bay aberdeenshire, the guy smit has posted pics of it up here before and it seems to have had alot of different wheels on it! he also posted a pic of where he was a bit adventurous off the phead head round about and whent across the verge lol
Old 19-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My mother always told me that if you cant say anything nice then dont say anything at all...
Old 19-02-2009, 03:52 PM
3FRD
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cozziepj
yeah its new to me i seen it drivin about a few times in my area then when it came up for sale i just had to buy it lol, i got it of a guy called gary and he got it off a guy called smit both who stay in cruden bay aberdeenshire, the guy smit has posted pics of it up here before and it seems to have had alot of different wheels on it! he also posted a pic of where he was a bit adventurous off the phead head round about and whent across the verge lol
I know the car, Smitsturbo owned it and then Garry Dawson owned it. Did you buy it from Cruden Bay?

Where abouts do you stay?

Thanks, Stephen
Old 19-02-2009, 04:10 PM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

these pics

Originally Posted by Lambchop
My mother always told me that if you cant say anything nice then dont say anything at all...
the guy is asking for information about a car that he owns, not someone elses. why hold back?
Old 19-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Mike Kerbey
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

LOL how close to the wall?????
Old 19-02-2009, 04:32 PM
cozziepj

yeah i bougt it from garry i also stay in cruden bay on the same street as it happens and actually in garrys old house strange but small world lol.

yeah those are the pictures lol

fink most of us must have had close calls in rwds but mainly in the wet i would think, i know i have!!
Old 19-02-2009, 06:21 PM
3FRD

yeah i bougt it from garry i also stay in cruden bay on the same street as it happens and actually in garrys old house strange but small world lol.

yeah those are the pictures lol

fink most of us must have had close calls in rwds but mainly in the wet i would think, i know i have!!
Arite cool, how old are you? I know a few guys from the bay. I'm from Peterhead.

Seen you cruising the beach the other night in it.
Old 19-02-2009, 10:28 PM
cozziepj

im 23 you? what you drive? yeah havent bin for ages so thought id nip thru for half hour or so!! its my 5th cossy now, got one when i was 18 and everytime i sell one i end up buying another!

i dont know many people round here but my mate bought a 325 off smit and only met garry wen i bought the cossie

paul
Old 20-02-2009, 07:15 AM
3FRD

im 23 you? what you drive? yeah havent bin for ages so thought id nip thru for half hour or so!! its my 5th cossy now, got one when i was 18 and everytime i sell one i end up buying another!

i dont know many people round here but my mate bought a 325 off smit and only met garry wen i bought the cossie

paul
I'm 21.

I've got 2WD White Saff and I had a smokestone blue one before that. I've got a scoob aswell which is in the forsale section.

Good stuff, whos is the white one? I saw it forsale on ebay.
Old 20-02-2009, 04:50 PM
cozziepj

havent seen ur saph i dont think there pretty scare nowadays the white is my mates i got i used t own it but never finished it and sold it to him, do u run ur cossy jus now??
Old 20-02-2009, 04:55 PM
3FRD

havent seen ur saph i dont think there pretty scare nowadays the white is my mates i got i used t own it but never finished it and sold it to him, do u run ur cossy jus now??
No It won't be out to play in this weather. It's a bit to clean to be out in the winter.
Old 20-02-2009, 05:13 PM
cozziepj

yeah its a bit crap, gary had mine painted looks not bad bot not mint, but had a fair bit of welding on the floor pan and couple of bits in engine bay so dont mind takin it out now and then jus a cunt cleaning the salt off it, u know much bout my car? i think smit got it from cove
Old 21-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The car has had quite a few owners. I was offered it VERY cheap 2-3 years back so i hope you didnt give too much for it. I also heard rumours of a bad engine rebuild which might explain your oil pressure issues.

Hope you sort it out mate.
Old 21-02-2009, 12:54 PM
cozziepj

yeah im the 16th, last guy spend a bit on it new wheels paint job etc, he done the welding himself, the standard of the car has gone up a bit i think. the last owner before smit was at cove and he left it sitting for ages somewhere down the line its had a t34 greens rs500 intercooler oil breather and chip fitted, ive added a alloy water swirl pot and and alloy rad, but theres no history of any engine work being done and thats my only concern. runs a decent water temp starts and drives ok with no unuasual rattles so my only concern with the car is the oil pressure, done a couple of hundred miles in the car and seems alrite although in the summer im still gonna take the block out and rebuild it myself just for peace of mind!

My 3rd cossy i got thru ricky gauld it had done 177 thousand miles and was stage 1 all i had to get done was a new crank shells and a set of piston rings and the engine was as good as new which i thought was quite impressive for such high miles!
Old 21-02-2009, 05:28 PM
3FRD

I don't know about the car much, just know it from when smits had it and it was out and about in Peterhead.

Most cossies have had loads of owners by now.
Old 21-02-2009, 07:36 PM
cozziepj

yeah im not a perfectionest just like myn too look ok and work ok, a bit of rust or wear n tear suits me as its too expensive for me to try and keep my cars mint and when i do have a realli mint one i always have somthing happen to it like sumone crashes into me or the likes !!