Ford RS Cosworth Parts for Sale Only RS Cosworth parts here please. Only Gold Members can sell parts!

KNOCK LINK - Engine Safegaurd

Search this Thread

Old 19-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Tony Turbo
www.ctuceilings.co.uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KNOCK LINK - Engine Safegaurd

This is my knock link engine Safegaurd module.

It is a simple but VERY effective method of monitoring engine 'Knock', trusted and respected by many engine tuners. For those that don't know, Knock/Detonation will kill your engine in a split second.

This kit includes everything that is needed to give you the ability to monitor Knock from inside the car. The sensor simply bolts to the back of the engine, as close to combustion height as possible. Conveniently, there is already a suitable mounting point on a CVH engine, just as I suspect there is on a YB etc. You simply bolt the Knock sensor there, connect the 2 wires to it, via the supplied plug, connect live & earth and you're away.

As you can see, the LEDs have been professionally extended out of the unit. This allows you greater flexibility in mounting the LEDs directly in your line of sight as you drive and you can keep the box tucked away.

It really needs to be set up by someone that knows what they are doing, but can really save your engine from death, particularly if you self-tune.

Knock Links are pretty hard to come by these days and are usually over £160. I'm looking for £100 plus postage for this kit.

For a faster response please email me at thetone69@ntlworld.com and put knock link in the title, rather than PM. I have a lot of parts for sale and this helps me keep up.

Thank you