Ford Mondeo Including ST Discuss all things about the Ford Mondeo from all models inc the ST220/200 etc in here!

Mondeo mk3 seat clonk problem

Search this Thread

Old 29-10-2012, 09:03 PM
pistolpete1
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo mk3 seat clonk problem

Hi all,

Had this problem for a long time. Had many noises/clonking/kick in the back feelings from the drivers seat for the past 6 months.

Ended up replacing the upright section of the seat from a donor seat, and lubricated the lumbar support/anti whiplash mechanism which has stopped most of the problems.

But, I do have one more intermittent 'clonk' noise that appears to be coming from under the seat when cornering. It doesn't appear every corner, but seems to happen when turning right, more than left (although it can happen turning left too). It only happens when cornering slower rather than at speed too.

I'm now at the point of thinking it's something to do with the seat sliding adjuster, and wondered if it's meant to be quite well lubricated? Mine seems lubricated, but not overly, so would like to add some more to see if that helps at all.

What kind of lubricated should I use? It looks like some kind of thick 'glue-looking' stuff????

Thanks for any help......