Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

Mk2. Focus RS - Power upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 12:47 PM
AlbertRsTurbo
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mk2. Focus RS - Power upgrade

Hello everybody,

I'm new to the ford scene, having recently bought an ultimate green Focus RS. Before the Focus I had a mildly tuned Audi S3.

The focus is currently stock - right down to the silver alloys, and I'm looking to increase its engine performance to around about the 400-450 bhp. This is where my quandary starts, coming from a VAG I know about REVO products already, but that's the only the only company I have any in depth of who can remap the focus to near what I'm after.

I have attended many cars shows in my S3 and had always made a point of speaking to Focus RS owners to find out their opinions of the car (as I had almost decided I was going to buy just was'nt 100%) the overwhelming response was epic car etc.
One thing which has concerned me is that almost all I spoke to had a horror story about someone they knew of at almost every single Engine tuner in the Focus RS tunning arena.

I was told by several people to avoid Jamsport due to mapping issues, cars not making power on independent rolling roads and also herd of engine failure!?!
Also to my surprised, I was warned by at least 2 people about using high BHP REVO maps as piston damage had been found on cars running their software for prolonged periods!?!
Are these just people spereding malicious rumours or is there any truth in the horror stories? If true can they be backed up with evidence/outcome of problem?

The 2 companies I mention are companies I would hold had always assumed where very repeatable companies and I'm not in anyway trying tarnish anyone myself or start online battles I just want to know from fellow owner where is safe to spend 4-5k and have a reliable package not one I have constant worries over because of half-baked stories
I would also love to hear any recommendations for reliable tunning, I'm based in north London but will happilly drive for an hour or two if needed.

Albert.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:02 AM
RS59FOXY
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Albert .

I have used SCC Performance they are based at St Albans - I only needed a Re-Map on mine at this stage but will be going back there in the next few months for some more uprgades done they where really helpfull guys and the cars been running great since .. My mate whos got a 400BHP MK2 RS used JAM Sport and rated them so another one to also look at - Hope that helps
Old 07-08-2013, 12:12 PM
lewis.philcox
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RS Direct do a lot of testing of maps on there cars and i can assure you they do not use rubbish... they have there RS500 'optimus' running Revo 425s or atleast it was at one point and they started selling Revo maps! they also do KMS maps which do not require ECU removal and are ment to be very good also so in short you have

KMS
Pumabuild
Collins
Revo
Jamsport

Also dont forget Jamsport have produced some of if not the fast RS in the UK..