Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.
View Poll Results: Which ECU Remap Company
Chipped UK
0%
Paramount Performance
0%
Angel Tuning
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Chipped UK/ Paramount Performance / Angel Tuning - REMAPS

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 03:11 PM
wifiuk
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chipped UK/ Paramount Performance / Angel Tuning - REMAPS

Chipped Uk say £350 for a custom remap

Paramount Performance say £350 + VAT @ 25-30bhp and 50-60nm of torque

Angel Tuning say £325 inc. VAT @ 25bhp, (50lb ft torque)

For a Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi 2007.........

So any one recommend one of these, im located SE London

Last edited by wifiuk; 03-06-2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: forget to mention the car make, lol
Old 03-06-2008, 03:12 PM
pa_sjo
Colossal Pervert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What car/engine?
Old 03-06-2008, 03:13 PM
wifiuk

Here is what angel tuning have replied to me, sounds good.

Sent: 23 May 2008 08:13
Subject: Ford Focus 1.6TDCi Remapping from Angel Tuning

Thank you for your enquiry. We offer engine remapping, the modern version of chipping which is the correct way to safely tune a modern diesel engine and is not a so called “tuning box” which simply dumps more fuel into the engine. With our ECU remapping you get smooth and progressive power, with improved response, that can be tailored to your requirements.

We can offer our tuning service either at one of our outlets or at your location with our mobile tech team, who are fully equipped with the latest diagnostic equipment as well as a wide range of tuning hardware. Whilst we normally book 1-2 weeks in advance for mobile and 1-2 days for our outlets it depends when you book in as we can often get customers in earlier.

Our charge for the 1.6TDCi is £325 including VAT. This price includes the engine tuning work to add up to 25bhp, (50lb ft torque) pre and post testing, acceleration testing and travel to your home or workplace. If you take it to our Basildon outlet, the price is £360 all inc and will include a dyno run. To book in either option please call our central booking office on 087 091 091 16.

Angel Tuning are also proud to offer the latest technology in programming units, that allow the owner to switch between standard and one or even two modified settings. With this option, our technicians come to you or you have your car tuned at one of our centres, the owner is then given instruction on how to use a smart menu driven programming tool to enable them to switch between modified and original whenever they like. The additional charge for this option starts at £150 all in.

As the programming tool is only configured for that vehicle, you can either give it to the next owner as part of the sale of the car, or we will purchase it back from you (providing it is in unmarked and working condition) for £75 (or we can take that off the price of doing your next car etc).

We would like to state that we are not the sort of company that tries to get the ultimate extra 1bhp at the expense of drivability just to look good on paper or on an internet forum. Unlike some tuning outlets, we do not quote the power figures from a single dyno run set up to achieve a short term burst of power to win your business. We know from vast experience what these cars can take long term and our aim is to achieve the best combination of power, longevity, economy and as mentioned, drivability.

Whilst we are unable to give an accurate figure on the improvement in economy after your car has been tuned, most people get between 2-6mpg improvement on diesel vehicles providing your driving style and the speed you drive at does not change! As the engine is running more efficiently, the emissions are actually improved so there will be no problem at MOT time should you have the car at that point.

The ECU remapping we do is physically and diagnostically undetectable. Of all the cars we do, some 75% are either brand new (i.e. pre delivery for dealerships) or under warranty because of the stealth nature of it. However, we do understand owners concerns, which is why we offer a free* “return to standard” for any owner who is concerned about taking their car into the dealership with the modified mapping on.

ECU remapping is fully reversible, which means if you are unhappy with the results on the day, we will return the car to normal and thank you for trying us. After this, we offer a 14 day "cooling off" period** during which you can at least get the chance to test our work over distance and familiar journeys. If once again you are unhappy for any reason, we can either modify what we have done or indeed return the car to standard and give you a full refund. When you come to sell the vehicle we can return the car to standard for you free of charge****.

Our technicians are full insured not only to carry out the work on your vehicle but to fully test drive a modified car too, which is something we implore you to check if you decide to go elsewhere for a “cheap deal”.

Angel Tuning are a UK wide company with locations strategically placed to ensure coverage. We are big enough to cope with the largest of demands but still retain the small company approach to care and flexibility. By becoming an Angel Tuning client, you benefit from the experience of a company tuning in excess of 200 vehicles per month and a commitment to customer support and satisfaction. We are an independent tuning company, we are not dictated to by being a franchise of another tuning company and can therefore be flexible to every individual’s needs, be it from a dealership to a private individual.

We accept all major credit/debit cards except American Express, cash or cheque.

I will leave you to consider the details, should you require further information, please do not hesitate to either drop us another email or call us for a friendly chat on 087 091 091 16.

Best regards

Nigel
Angel Tuning

*The work is free, however we will charge an agreed expense if you want the technician to come to you.
** This can be extended by agreement in certain circumstances
*** This is refunded as part of the full refund should you not be satisfied with the work in any way
**** We will request and agree a reasonable fee to cover travel for the technician to come out to you

If you are fitting an induction kit, it MUST be an enclosed system and not anything like the woefull K&N 57i (which shouldnt be used on any modern car!). You can fit this before or after as the MAF (air flow sensor) will pick up the changes anyway.

If the exhaust system is simply cat back, its not going to make any difference. We don't recommend you decat small deisel engines, they need an amount of back pressure. We can do a cat back in top grade stainless steel for as little as £350 all inc including tail peice design of your choice.

Its highly unlikely that Ford will flash an update on your car, but if they do we redo the modification for £25 (to cover call out). Winter and summer makes no difference, thats what the MAF will take into account in the same way as it does on the standard map.

Nigel
wifiuk

Chipped UK said this

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 27 May 2008 17:37
Subject: Re: Website Submission

Hi there,
We have developed some fantastic maps for this engine, I am sure the best
within Europe after working closely with bosche developers specifically just
for this engine.
The price for a custom remap is £350 inc vat.
We are located in Bromsgrove, just outside Birmingham.
We have not found any gains with an exhaust system on this engine, thats not
to say you cant get power from it, just that we havent found any.
If you were going to fit an induction kit then do this before the remap.
We give a 3 year warranty on our work, our aftersales is second to none.
If ford reset the remap we dont charge to re-apply.

Regards,

Technical Support

Chipped UK LTD
0044 (0) 1527-579345
www.chippeduk.com
wifiuk

this is what paramount performance said

Sent: 19 May 2008 12:42
Subject: Paramount Performance Enquiry - Ford Focus

Thank you for your enquiry regarding upgrades for your Focus.

We can offer two different types of upgrades for your vehicle.

The first is an ECU remap. Using our equipment and software we download the existing data from the ECU and use this as a base to create our performance ECU remap. Using the existing data ensures that manufacturer information is left in place, making the upgrade very difficult to trace. Once the performance version has been made it is uploaded to the vehicle ECU.

This upgrade will provide an additional 25-30bhp and 50-60nm of torque.

The second type of upgrade is a plug-in module that connects to a sensor on the fuel system and runs in-line with the existing engine management system. The module features manufacturer specification plugs to provide a condition sealed connection and a quick installation. It can be fitted or removed in a short period of time, reverting the vehicle to standard form once removed.

This upgrade will provide an additional 20-25bhp and 40-50nm of torque.

Both upgrades will transform the way the vehicle drives, increasing the power and torque throughout the rev range. The upgrade can also provide a fuel economy saving of 2-4mpg depending on driving style. The additional power and torque allows the driver to move up through the gear box quicker and hold the gears for longer, resulting in more driving time being spent in the lower and more fuel efficient rev range.

The costs of the upgrades are as follows:
ECU Remap: £350 plus VAT
Module: £360 plus VAT
Old 03-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Please add a "none of the above" option
Old 03-06-2008, 03:28 PM
wifiuk

ok, i would but im not sure how to, il try
Old 03-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Chip

Ps

I personally would recomend PinSharp Automotive Services who are based in and around berkshire (its a mobile service)

www.pinsharpauto.co.uk
Old 03-06-2008, 03:30 PM
wifiuk

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Ps

I personally would recomend PinSharp Automotive Services who are based in and around berkshire (its a mobile service)

www.pinsharpauto.co.uk
have you used them, what for and what were they like?
Old 03-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Chip

Ive not used them myself for a remap, but I trust Nick to provide a good service as he is a very clever and honest kind of chap, who actually takes pride in what he does, something that I certainly wouldnt say about at least one of the people on your list, lol

The system he uses is the genius remapper, which is developed by Stu who runs passionford, you'll have seen him in fastford as their resident engine expert if you buy the mag, so its essentially one of Stu's maps, installed and checked by Nick.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:37 PM
wifiuk

little bit more expensive than the other and ive never heard of your mates company before, but the others i have. i wanted to know from people who have had remaps done and what they were like and how the car is after, i heard another ECU remap company called Celtic Tuning or someone keeps blowing up turbos, dont know if its true or not, so i would like a reliable recommendation or more the merrier!
Old 03-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by wifiuk
little bit more expensive than the other and ive never heard of your mates company before, but the others i have. i wanted to know from people who have had remaps done and what they were like and how the car is after, i heard another ECU remap company called Celtic Tuning or someone keeps blowing up turbos, dont know if its true or not, so i would like a reliable recommendation or more the merrier!
Even if you havent heard of Nick the installer, I find it amazing you havent heard of Stu and Kenny up at motorsport developments who write the maps TBH mate, genuinely surprised at that!
Fair enough though, your money and your choice, makes no difference to me I was just recomending someone who I know will do a good job, rather than make up bullshit graphs and figures and do a shit job.

Ive seen firsthand what some "professional companies" do, and its shocking quite frankly, so Id just hate to see you get done over the same way as other people I know.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:56 PM
wifiuk

listen mate, i appreciate what your saying, just questions im asking, there are some proper numpties out there who as you say, dont know what they are on about.

I have heard of Stu at motorsport, but thats as far as i know of him.

was reading something in a magazine, was talking about some guy called Stu who worked for Motosport Developments.

I'll contact them and see what he says, just like i have done with the others.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Chip

Ok mate, I hope whoever you choose does a good job for you, and just for the record, ive got NO vested interest in ANY tuner, I work for Toyota and write for Total Vauxhall magazine, so I couldnt be less involved in ford tuning commercially if I tried (well other than writing a couple of short bits of engine tuning stuff for fast ford mag), my only personal involvement with tuning fords, is just mapping my own and my mates cossie engines etc, im not involved with the companies I was mentioning, I just know them to be good at what they do thats all

Last edited by Chip; 03-06-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:03 PM
wifiuk

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Ok mate, I hope whoever you choose does a good job for you, and just for the record, ive got NO vested interest in ANY tuner, I work for Toyota and write for Total Vauxhall magazine, so I couldnt be less involved in ford tuning commercially if I tried (well other than writing a couple of short bits of engine tuning stuff for fast ford mag), my only personal involvement with tuning fords, is just mapping my own and my mates cossie engines etc, im not involved with the companies I was mentioning, I just know them to be good at what they do thats all

ok, well its good to know. And like i said ill contact them and see what they say.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Chip

NOT related to the 3 you mentioned, but here is a thread with some of my recent experience with a professional tuning company and my mates westfield:
https://passionford.com/forum/general-car-related-discussion/239749-some-tuners-are-a-f-and-cking-disgrace.html

Its shocking what some people consider to be a remap!
Old 03-06-2008, 04:32 PM
wifiuk

yeah i know what you mean, angel tuning seem quite good tho, know what they are talking about and a fairly decent price
Old 03-06-2008, 05:39 PM
monkeysan
watch us wreck the mic...

buy a Bluefin??
Old 03-06-2008, 05:47 PM
wifiuk

yeah ive heard about them quite a but, but dont know much about them, not as good as a remap tho, isit??
Old 03-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Chip

The bluefin IS a remap, and it allows you to roll the changes back.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:49 PM
pa_sjo
Colossal Pervert

Bluefin is a remap..

The chances are, the 3 'tuners' you've detailed in this thread are more than likely just resellers for the kind of remaps that Stu@MSD produces.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:53 PM
wifiuk

apart from Chipped UK - which do a custom remap, i think the others are standard "performance/economy/torque" remaps, i know bluefin is a remap, but i thought it not as good as getting it done in a proper centre.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Chip

apart from Chipped UK - which do a custom remap, i think the others are standard "performance/economy/torque" remaps, i know bluefin is a remap, but i thought it not as good as getting it done in a proper centre.
I wouldnt trust that cunt Jayson over at chipped UK to map my lawnmower the lieing thieving wanker.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:54 PM
pa_sjo
Colossal Pervert

Don't hold back, Chip
Old 03-06-2008, 05:55 PM
wifiuk

lol, you make me laugh the way you come out with things. See im getting very mixed opinions about them, from a few forums im joined too
Old 03-06-2008, 05:56 PM
pa_sjo
Colossal Pervert

wifiuk, 99% of people on the internet don't have a fucking clue what they're talking about.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Chip

lol, you make me laugh the way you come out with things. See im getting very mixed opinions about them, from a few forums im joined too
Do a post "what do you think of ChippedUK" on here mate, you'll soon get plenty of feedback.

Or do a search for "trubador" as thats what Jayson is known as due to it being his old username.

you'll find stuff like this:
Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor
I dont know if you lot remember, about 6 months ago, Jayson came on here
and I had a discussion with him about the chips he supplied.

I offered to look at the maps of some of his chips for cossies and discovered
they were infact copies of PTS and ATFORD chips

He never replied to my findings.

Last edited by Chip; 03-06-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:58 PM
wifiuk

Originally Posted by pa_sjo
wifiuk, 99% of people on the internet don't have a fucking clue what they're talking about.

How true, so how do i know what these others are saying is true?

I'm just looking to remap my car without getting it fucked. by a reliable and safe person/company
Old 03-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Chip

I'm just looking to remap my car without getting it fucked. by a reliable and safe person/company
Thats why I recomended PinSharp, cause I know that is what you will get.

Problem is of course, that then means you need to trust my opinion, and for all you know, I might not have a clue what im on about, so you are still at square one.

But bear in mind that unlike most people commenting, I can actually map cars and know in detail what is involved, where as half the people commenting on forums dont actually have a fucking clue
Old 03-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Mark_w
Advanced PassionFord User

None of the above as chip has mentioned.
Go to Msd site if you want the best,and pick your local tuner.

regards mark
Old 03-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Mark_w
None of the above as chip has mentioned.
Go to Msd site if you want the best,and pick your local tuner.

regards mark

While I agree with most of what you are saying, I feel that I should point out in case the thread starter doesnt realise as he is new, that you yourself are an evolutions chips dealer, and hence he may wish to view your view as a biased one (even though of course as he isnt in your area there is NOTHING in it for you if he goes to another evo chips dealer anyway!)
Old 03-06-2008, 06:12 PM
pa_sjo
Colossal Pervert

wifiuk- Ultimately very few people actually create these remaps in the first place; MSD are one company in the UK doing it.. 99% of 'remaps' out there are resellers of these special few companies.. So with that knowledge, knowing that there are maybe only a few actual different calibrations available for your car, the question is which reseller/dealer do you choose to get it programmed into your ECU? That's what it boils down to...
Old 03-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Mark_w

As you say chip,there is nothing in it for me but i believe our remaps are one the best,and give slightly more power/torque than the others above .
I remember Trubador(chipped uk) from the rsoc and would not trust him as far as i could throw him.
I have also heard lots of bad stories regarding one of the others and would not recommend them.

mark

Last edited by Mark_w; 03-06-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:20 PM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Chipped UK said this

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 27 May 2008 17:37
Subject: Re: Website Submission

Hi there,
We have developed some fantastic maps for this engine, I am sure the best
within Europe after working closely with bosche developers specifically just
for this engine.
The price for a custom remap is £350 inc vat.
We are located in Bromsgrove, just outside Birmingham.
We have not found any gains with an exhaust system on this engine, thats not
to say you cant get power from it, just that we havent found any.
If you were going to fit an induction kit then do this before the remap.
We give a 3 year warranty on our work, our aftersales is second to none.
If ford reset the remap we dont charge to re-apply.

Regards,

Technical Support

Chipped UK LTD
0044 (0) 1527-579345
www.chippeduk.com

I wouldn't trust someone with my car that can't even spell BOSCH...... must work real close with them...pmsl
Old 03-06-2008, 06:21 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am currently looking into this myself at the moment, and have so far had some good emails from Stu/Kenny on the matter

I certainly would not necessarily go for the cheapest...
Old 03-06-2008, 06:25 PM
wifiuk

Originally Posted by Mark_w
As you say chip,there is nothing in it for me but i believe our remaps are one the best,and give slightly more power/torque than the others above .
I remember Trubador(chipped uk) from the rsoc and would not trust him as far as i could throw him.
I have also heard lots of bad stories regarding one of the others and would not recommend them.

mark
And you do remaps for ford focus tdci 1.6?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:27 PM
wifiuk

like most things its hard to believe whats true or not, whitout actually seeing some proof, it just gets worst when you start finding more and more opinions on the net.
and chip im not saying you dont know what your on about at all, you sound quite intelligent but as you said, hew the feck do i know about these companies as ive never been there?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Mark_w

And you do remaps for ford focus tdci 1.6?
Yes we cover that model as well as about 7500 other applications
Expect to see 30bhp and around 55 ft-lb of torque along with an increase of 2-8 mpg dependant on how driven!

mark
Old 03-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Adrian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Will link this to GD and see what response you get re ChippedUK
Old 03-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Bluefin is an option but not the best option and although it will get you more performance from your engine, it won't get all of it.

www.pinsharpauto.co.uk

The above company is a dealer for Motorsport Developments who remapped my friends TDCi 115ps Mondeo and afterwards it pulled all the way to 140+mph and would regularly see 60mpg when cruising. The map was perfect and it was so smooth in every gear.

When remapped it pulled on a focus ST170 and once on the motorway we had pulled a considerable distance on it. Motorsport Developments are possibly the best remapping specialists in the UK. I guarantee you if you go to the above dealer, you will not be disappointed.

Benni.

Quick Reply: Chipped UK/ Paramount Performance / Angel Tuning - REMAPS