Ford Focus (All Models) This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Range that doesnt belong in the seperate ST & RS sections..

Oil burning problem? Expensive repair?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 04:11 PM
bluearmy
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil burning problem? Expensive repair?

Hi all,

Focus Cmax 2004 1.8 petrol

My car has started losing oil at an alarming rate. Was serviced 9 months ago. Last month I took it it as handbrake had come loose. They checked oil whilst it was in and said it was empty. So they topped it up for me for cost price of course.

I havent notice any oil on my driveway so I rule out a leak.

Anyway, as it happens I have just had rev problems and took it in again and was told its the manifold or something and its going to cost £60 just to get to the problem and see what it is. Thats not my main concern at the moment though. The oil was almost gone again. And its only been a month...

I noticed some smoking a couple of times this month but nothing persistent. Garage told me that it could be the start of major engine trouble and I should get rid as soon as possible. It only has 40k on clock.

Could it not be something simple? Maybe a seal somewhere? Or am I to bite the bullet and try to get shot of it? I am really short on cash at the moment so I am low on options....

Any advice would be welcomed.

thanks for looking