Ford Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta Range of cars.

Fiesta Flair MK5 CVH No Spark/Injector pulse

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 01:43 PM
Leemac87
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Fiesta Flair MK5 CVH No Spark/Injector pulse

My problem started when the car started misfiring quite badly. I then pulled over and turned the engine off. I then tried to start the car again but it would just crank. I had to tow the car back home. After checking I realized that there was no spark at all. I then bought a new coil pack. I installed it. No spark still. Then I did some research and I managed to test the pulse going to the coil pack. I was only getting a pulse on one side of the input to the coil pack. The other side was dead. I did more research and I was directed to the ignition drivers. I replaced both ignition drivers in the Bosch ECU. Tried again and no same problem.

Could it be the crank position sensor? But why am I getting a pulse on 1 side of the coil?
How do I test the crank sensor?
Old 05-10-2017, 01:58 PM
haz87
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 175 Likes on 165 Posts

I was going to suggest CPS - cant believe you didnt swap that out before the ignition drivers as that must have been a pain!

You need a scope to test the crank sensor really but given they are a tenner new or a quid from a scrappy id just grab one tbh
Old 05-10-2017, 02:19 PM
Leemac87
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by haz87
I was going to suggest CPS - cant believe you didnt swap that out before the ignition drivers as that must have been a pain!

You need a scope to test the crank sensor really but given they are a tenner new or a quid from a scrappy id just grab one tbh
I am in South Africa. I tried looking around at local scrap yards. They don't have any. So before I spend money on a brand new one I wanted to test the one I have. Someone told me that it is possible for the gap between the flywheel and the sensor to be too big and therefore not picking up the right signal? Due to wearing and tear.