Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

gym and aching

Search this Thread

Old 15-01-2011, 06:51 PM
tigra turbo
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats actually a very good chest routine Benni! the only thing i would touch will be to take the cable srossover to failure.
Old 16-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

How often do you change your routines cause doesnt the body get used to it. Why is it that when ive had a good workout at the gym i dont ache. Should i be aching after everytime ive been to the gym. I cant really see any difference in my body. Ive been going to the gym for over a year now. I wanted to loose so weight which ive done. Ive lost 2 n a half stone. Can someone help me out cause i just feel like im doing something wrong. If you wish to pm me feel free. Benni i think i need you to come and visit me and sort me out a program.
Old 16-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by tigra turbo
thats actually a very good chest routine Benni! the only thing i would touch will be to take the cable srossover to failure.
Nice one mate!

Benni.
Old 16-01-2011, 05:19 PM
tigra turbo

I change them every 3 months or i will do one a week lets say(talking about the same body part) heavy workout and the next one will be high reps.you can actually change it earlier than that every 2 months lets say and there are so many techincs u can use,again deepents on your needs and your motivation level.some people get less and some get more soreness,and it doesnt always mean that you doing somethin wrong,but the correct form and concentration on the actual muscle that you workout is a must.If Benni is close to you,thank you guys can workout together,share knowledge and push more your workouts,or you can actually drop us your workout here,and if something i can help at,am more than happy too,
Old 16-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

normaly i do 10 mins on the rowing machine then ive started doing 30 mins on the treadmill. For the first 2 mins i walk then the next 2 mins i run and so on till the 30 mins is up. On a monday i normaly do biceps n back. I just wish i knew all of the names for all the different types of execises i do lol. Then on a tuesday i do the same cardio work then triceps and chest thursday cardio again then legs friday cardio then abs. Then the weekend off. Last time i did triceps,shoulders and chest the next day my triceps were aching but my chest wasnt. I think my arms and shoulders look a bit bigger but i just think with all the exercises ive been doing i just thought i might be a bit bigger than i am.
Old 17-01-2011, 09:53 AM
tigra turbo

Try and do intervals on the treadmill,in what milles per hour u run those 30minutes?
also consider that u have to work on the big muscle groups first,also once a week each muscle group,will be better to do them twice a week,like mon-thu and tue fri,wed is off or cardio and the same goes for the weekend,also by looking at your form will be nice but its not easy to see and also try to identify the exersise names on the chest workout and we see if it helps.

Last edited by tigra turbo; 17-01-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 17-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

in the 2mins intervals i run on the treadmill the speed is 10.5kmh. After the 2min intervals i check my heart beat and its at 170bpm. I know im a bit unfit n wanna get fit. When ive got time will post up a few links to the exercises im doing. I always got told to do a few different body parts once a week so that it gives time for the muscles to grow and get big.
Old 17-01-2011, 02:31 PM
tigra turbo

Can u follow a conversation on the 2 minitues/170hb or your completly out of breath? how much u weight?
Old 18-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

I think i would struggle to talk when im running for them 2 mins. I would love to get my fittness up. Ive been told if your weight training its better to do the weights first before the cardio wheres ive been doing the cardio first to sort of get warmed up really for the weights.
Old 18-01-2011, 09:09 PM
tigra turbo

Your should get improved on your diet if its not allready,then you going to lose weight and your cardio will be imroved,now u have to priorotize ur needs and goals,if aiming for weight lose,do cardio first,or the oposite.
Old 19-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

I think i have a good diet. For my bait when im at work i take an apple banana breakfast bar yogurt and bowl of tuna with cucumber and tomatos chopped up. On a night for tea i normaly have spag bol lazane chicken fish. Ive cut all crappy foods out. I have a treat on a friday when im at work. I have fish and chips. I would like to loose my belly. Its not really big but wanna get it lookin smaller.
Old 19-01-2011, 12:55 PM
tigra turbo

Sounds good then!u lost any or its early yet?also a crosstrainer will do or bike or stationary spinning bike to help on ur weight loss,and then u can get on the treadmill u going to be lighter,that way ur joints wont suffer and wont be that easy out of breath.
Old 23-01-2011, 12:27 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Thanks for that info fella.
Old 13-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

over the last few weeks ive only been going to the gym a few days. I went on the 7th of feb a monday and did a big work out ie biceps back chests triceps chest and on the tues wed n thurs i was aching loads (mint). I had friday off then went back to the gym on saturday 12th. I did exactly the same and im not really aching (boooo). For some reason i think i should ache everytime ive been to the gym cause then i know im doing it right. Im also thinkin should i change my routine cause i think im getting used to it again?
Old 13-02-2011, 11:22 AM
bubs_rsturbo
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

you train biceps back chests triceps all in the same day? thats too much
Old 13-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Ive only been doing this once a week for the past few weeks. Like i said the begining of the week i was aching like hell so i thought i had done a good job. So why is it too much for then? I just like to know for future reference, thanks.
Old 13-02-2011, 05:04 PM
krypton
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

The Body is trying to feed to many muscles at once is the reason I think. Would imagine you would see more gain if you are able to go say 3 times a week and do 2 muscle groups at a time even thats not the best as it still means 1 day is going 2 be 2 fairly big muscles together
Old 13-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Thanks for that. I normaly do 4 days a week but with me doing over time at work and getting a new kitchen fitted i havent had time to go to the gym.
Old 14-02-2011, 09:50 PM
MO' BENT RIMS
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glenn.
Thanks for that. I normaly do 4 days a week but with me doing over time at work and getting a new kitchen fitted i havent had time to go to the gym.
just read your posts sorry but to me it seems like u dont no how to train PROPERLY maybe u aint pushing your self far enough .. i went gym for ages and didnt get bigger infact in the first few weeks i got weaker! because i over trained etc.. in the end i booked a personal trainer just the once to show me what excercises to do and what to eat. i followed that and in 6 months i got back my 6 pac and was looking nice and trim cme a year i was alot bigger and cut up untill i left it all and eventually gave up after going to work etc but now im starting again.. well i say that every week lol
Old 15-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

I know exactly what exercises to do fella. I know you need to keep changing them about because your body getrs used to doing the same thing.
Old 19-02-2011, 04:57 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I know exactly what exercises to do fella. I know you need to keep changing them about because your body getrs used to doing the same thing.
Not entirely true mate. If you did the same thing for a year, but added more weight, which caused more stress, you'd grow. The body grows stronger when it's stressed, doesn't matter what exercise causes this stress, so long as it's an effective and efficient exercise. You can change the order in which you do the exercises.

Take your shoulders for example, you have to do pressing, lateral raisers and bent over raisers, there's no subsitute for these really. You can do heavy pressing one week, and then all your lateral (Side, bent over raisers) work, and then the next month fatigue the shoulders with all lateral work first, pressing at the end, but the excercises can't change really. If the weight stays the same, the muscles won't adapt to take the new found strain, so going heavier causes stress. Things like forced negative reps, rest pause, and other things cause new stress.

Plus if you change it about too often, how can you monitor your progress? Going heavier and heavier causes new stress, which causes growth, not mixing it about.

Benni.

Last edited by Benni; 19-02-2011 at 04:59 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

I keep getting told different things.I was taking to a lad in the gym and he said he changes his routine every 2 months.

I noticed the other day i was lifting more weight than i normaly do and i was struggling to get past 7 reps.Is it ok to lift a heavier weight but only do 6 reps in 4 sets?

Ive been doing my cardio first then do my weights last.Now im gonna do 5 mins warm up on the rowing machine then go onto the weights and do the cardio at the end.Will that be better.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:41 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

3 sets per exercise mate, 1 x 12 not too heavy, 1 x 10 heavy and 1 x 6 - 8 which is really heavy.

Benni
Old 15-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Do you mean 2x reps of 1 light then 1x rep of heavy or the other way round?
Old 16-03-2011, 01:00 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Start off light and go heavier each set!!
Old 16-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

There is a bloke in the gym on a morning who i talk to and he said the same.

He said that i sud start doing 6 to 8 reps and do 3 sets but do heavier weights then build up to 10 to 12 reps.
Old 18-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

There is a bloke in the gym on a morning who i talk to and he said the same.

He said that i sud start doing 6 to 8 reps and do 3 sets but do heavier weights then build up to 10 to 12 reps.
You wanna' work down to 6-8 reps' and start at 12. Your first set should be relatively easy! By this I mean you could probably get another 5 out with the same weight but don't. The second set should be relatively heavy and the third set ideally you want to be able to get 6 and then someone has to touch you and you get another couple, and then a few forced negatives, where as your partner lives it up and you bring it down slowly.

Benni
Old 02-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

the past few weeks ive just been doing what i said by doing 2 sets of 10 the the last set ive been going heavy. I train on my own so i dont have someone to give me a hand. I was aching well last week when i was doing this so it must be working lol.
Old 25-04-2011, 06:19 PM
CliffRS4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Some great reading on here.

I train to stay a stable weight as I'v seen too many people in my line of work hit the weights and then just fob it off after a while. They then end up getting fat and can't do the basic runs we do.

Most of our training is runs, boot runs, weighted tabs (8 miles with 30kg's), assault courses and circuit training.

I'm doing a half marathon in June and like to mix up my training. Yesterday I did two and a half hours of weights, situps and finished off with the rower and twenty minutes of sprints on the running machine.

This morning I swam 50 lengths of the pool (33 metres) which is 1650 metres; so just over a mile.

We have all sorts of fitness tests with reps and times to achieve better than for our age. I'm doing ok. Still run my mile and a half in 9 min 17 sec after doing 65 pressups in under 2 mins and 70 situps in under 2 mins before hand.

This training works well for what I want. I have always been 11 stone and a 32 inch waist. Never had to have any of my clothing sizes changed at work, so that annoys the guys too

I'll definitely take some of the tips from in here. Some real good advice
Old 29-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

The past 4 weeks ive only had time to go to the gym on a weekend cause ive been well busy at work. Anyway a old friend of mine goes to the same gym so ive been meeting up with him and he has been helping me on the smith machine doing bench press. Ive been lifting a lot more than i was on a bench on my own. Ive been doing a few negative reps and ive been aching every time.