Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Forum Users.Your Pics/Goals

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 08:52 AM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Benni
Woah! Your going up very quickly!

Benni.
Im aiming 5kg every two weeks, One week ill go for reps and the next week ill go for high weight, seems to be working well!

Originally Posted by Kieron
Nice one, keep it up mate its going in the right direction.
Cheers mate, its well rewarding, only 10kg away from my brother who i train with who has been training for over a year!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Deadlifted 190kg last night too
Old 11-03-2010, 05:58 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Well done ed.
Old 13-03-2010, 06:22 PM
theburns1
cannock is a race track

dont know how you lot get the nerv to pose for the camera, the chap who owns the gym i go to wants me to do shows and i laugh'd the chance of me standing up in front of a crowd in nothing but a pair of pants tencing my pecks is highly unlikely. he says y do you train then if your not proud of your body. i dont do it for the image thing, any body else just do it cus there addicted?
Old 14-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I am addicted, there is no doubt about. I spend my day in college wondering how I'll perform when I arrive at the gym, and I go home spending all night touching myself to see how sore I am. However, I too hate pictures.

Benni.
Old 14-03-2010, 08:26 PM
jammerrs
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

id like to be bigger and more deffined in my upper body and loose abit of my belly, its not huge but i get a big belly just after eating my dinner or drinking a cup of tea, alomost like im bloated

this normal or just me!?

by the time im 18 (just over a year away) id like to acheive this

be able to do 15kg biecep curls would make me happy, and being able to do situps like i used to, 5 sets off 20 reps and the same with pressups
Old 15-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I am addicted, there is no doubt about. I spend my day in college wondering how I'll perform when I arrive at the gym, and I go home spending all night touching myself to see how sore I am. However, I too hate pictures.

Benni.

Im sat here now thinking i wonder how strong ill be tonight, Its chest and tri's tonight, i done one rep max last week but it went up pretty easy, im wondering weather to stick another 5 on and see if i can push it up?
Old 16-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

How did you get on Ed??
Old 16-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Ed_van_Dijk

Im sat here now thinking i wonder how strong ill be tonight, Its chest and tri's tonight, i done one rep max last week but it went up pretty easy, im wondering weather to stick another 5 on and see if i can push it up?
I've never done a one rep max, I always aim for 10 - 12 reps of 4 sets and if I get 9 and half I am not happy. As long as you got a spotter, go for it I guess!

Benni.
Old 16-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

How did you get on Ed??
I had NO energy last night at all, I tried to push up 115kg but couldnt Ill get it next week!

After that i went for reps, got my 8 on 90kg, next step is 8 on 100kg

Im looking forward to Wednesdays train, If im feeling it ill try a 200kg deadlift! (got 190kg last week, 1 rep max)
Old 16-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Kieron

Good for you mate, keep at it.
Old 20-03-2010, 09:51 AM
B1G_RST
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I had NO energy last night at all, I tried to push up 115kg but couldnt Ill get it next week!

After that i went for reps, got my 8 on 90kg, next step is 8 on 100kg

Im looking forward to Wednesdays train, If im feeling it ill try a 200kg deadlift! (got 190kg last week, 1 rep max)
how long have you been training? remember you dont need to do max lifts every day/week ect,
Old 20-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

8 on 90kg's is fantastic, Ed. Seriously good that I reckon'!

Benni.
Old 20-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

A recent picture of me... Weight is coming down and muscle mass going up. Still a lot of body fat though, and it creeped up this week because I was in a mood with myself and ate like a horse...

Benni.
Old 23-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Look at the size of those tits
Old 23-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Look at the size of those tits
There my best feature... They bounce up and down over speed bumps.

Benni.
Old 23-03-2010, 03:23 PM
jim_jamie_3
PassionFord Regular

havnt got any pics at the mo, but im currently on a bulk, iv put a stone on since november and would idealy like another half before i cut in may. granted i have put a hell of a belly on, but arms chest and back have come on as well as strenght. not doing badly as i only started in october. curently at 16 and half stone, im 6.2. biceps are currently 16 1/2, chest is at 46, calfs at 18. Brad mate your an isperation to me matey, this time last year i was 19stone of lard, went down to 15 at the loest and was at 15 1/2 at maintaince level. my goal is to get my 100kg bench by october which would be a year in which i think i could do, i seem to be putting 2-4kgs on a week with dumbells, also this time next year when i cut would love visable abs for the first time in my life
Old 23-03-2010, 08:18 PM
B1G_RST
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

hey folks,,, im 20, been training again for around 5 months solid, im 80kg, 12st 9 ish,, managed my goal of 200hg deadlift today been working up to it for around 3weeks,

went in today did warm up sets, then 4x180kg then managed 2x200kg,,

im not one for pics but ill take one n fire it up,,

everyone else get the pics out!!
Old 23-03-2010, 08:52 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Keep the pics etc coming guys it's an inspiration for me.
Old 23-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Currently i look like this;

Hospital tomorrow for another x-ray so fingers crossed the brace can come off and i can get back training...
Old 24-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Kieron

I took some pics around December time as I started my bulk. I'm not normally one for posting pics of myself as I'm not too photogentic and I always look in the mirror and think "yeah, your getting there" then I see a pic and I look like shit! Like its a different person. They say the camera never lies but mine bloody does! Plus I can't help but think that Brad initially started this thread as he didn't like some of the advise being given on this forum so wanted ammo.

As usual with me life has gotten in the way and the past few weeks my training has been poor but prior to that I reached 250lbs+ in weight. Back down to about 240-245lbs now though. I'm a typical weightlifter in so much as I don't want to cut to look better as I'm hung up on numbers. I know that I would look better and possibly bigger @ 230lbs cut than I do at 250lbs but I hate seeing those scales show a lighter weight. I can't live the lifestyle and dont have the willpower to diet. I have massive respect to those that loose weight and cut. Anyway I'm 6ft ish, 19" arms and about 240-245lbs in these pics (but bigger in real life )

Sorry about the shite quality, good ole iphone. No posing pics as such as I'm not much one for that.
Old 24-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Looking great, Kieron! I love the back and shoulders.

Benni.

Last edited by Benni; 24-03-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 24-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Kieron

Nice edit there Benni, I know its gone now but I will answer anyhow. Yes I do use the Smith Machine although only to sit on between sets and to hang my top on. I just don't get on with the restrictiveness of it, prefer freeweights. I can see the advantage if training on your own but I guess its just what you get used to.

Funnily back is one of the muscle groups that I didn't want to get too big. A couple of lads down my gym overdo back and they look hunched over. A look I fear I now have for myself. I would rather be big chested with shoulders back. naturally looking though, not forced back like these muppets you see that inflate themselves when they see you. My traps look nice and stepped up from the back but hollow from the front and nowhere near as impressive.

Something I meant to ask you Benni. In the pic you posted your chest looks lop sided. I know you have issues with your hip an all but do you have a funny rib cage too or is it just the pic? Hope you don't mind me asking.
Old 24-03-2010, 03:13 PM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Finally some good pics of you kieron

Your the same as me and dont take a good picture at all.My arms are 17" chest 44" neck 19" legs 24" and calfs 16" but in my pics dont look anything like that

I also have much respect for people who cut and look awesome for it and know myself if i could sort my diet better,train that bit harder i could look alot better than i am BUT its a hobby for me NOT a lifestyle
Old 24-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Kieron

I take a shocking picture. I don't know if I am disillusioned or whether its the shadows that the lighting throw and the camera takes away etc? I just know that the person I see in the mirror isn't the same one as in the pictures. Thats before I even think about how handsome I am in real life!

I'm not too proud of the above pics as I don't feel they give a true representation but they are what they are and I can't change that. I do give opinions on here quote a bit and get involved in the fitness section much more than any other part of PF so sod it, why not. I have broad shoulders so I can take criticism if its justified.
Old 24-03-2010, 04:41 PM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

I think you look great m8 in a non homo way pmsl
Old 24-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Thank's for the answer, I only edited because I looked again and seen it wasn't a Smith machine after all. LOL! I have stopped using the smith machine myself for chest, but I use it for Shoulders. As for the question, I am not offended at all, and I've looked at myself a few times and thought the same thing. I am always poking and picking at both pecs to compare them.

I walk with a noticable limp if that would make a difference? So one leg is longer than the other. Not much, and you wouldn't know to look at, but I don't know if this could have an effect? Damn, I am gonna' look into this, I really am inbred. Ha Ha.

Benni.
Old 24-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by snedboy
Finally some good pics of you kieron

Your the same as me and dont take a good picture at all.My arms are 17" chest 44" neck 19" legs 24" and calfs 16" but in my pics dont look anything like that

I also have much respect for people who cut and look awesome for it and know myself if i could sort my diet better,train that bit harder i could look alot better than i am BUT its a hobby for me NOT a lifestyle
You got any updated pictures mate? As for it being a lifestyle, I must admit it has taken over my life completely. I am not happy if I take my Mum somewhere and she takes too long and I could be late for a meal.

When I got the bus the other day, I was sat on the back of the bus eating chicken and new potatoes out of a tub because I didn't wanna' wait until I got home.

Benni.
Old 24-03-2010, 06:41 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

il need to get some pics up.ive went from 12st 10lb to hovering about the 12st mark.i dont seem to have lost any of my shape tho which is good and ive dropped from 22.5% body fat to 17.5% body fat in two monthsmet some great guys at the gym who push me beyond my limit when we are there together.seem to be losing weight and gaining muscle at the same time.ideally wana be about the 12.5 mark but gota lose this last bit of fat on my stomach and chest.
Old 24-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Kieron

Thank's for the answer, I only edited because I looked again and seen it wasn't a Smith machine after all. LOL! I have stopped using the smith machine myself for chest, but I use it for Shoulders. As for the question, I am not offended at all, and I've looked at myself a few times and thought the same thing. I am always poking and picking at both pecs to compare them.

I walk with a noticable limp if that would make a difference? So one leg is longer than the other. Not much, and you wouldn't know to look at, but I don't know if this could have an effect? Damn, I am gonna' look into this, I really am inbred. Ha Ha.

Benni.
In the first pic I posted, in the reflection on the left hand side of the mirror there is a smith machine would say its the rusty bit of equipment but that doesnt really narrow it down.

I didn't think you were the type of person to get offended Benni, thats why I asked but if you look in the pic you posted your left chest (nearest the tv) looks noticeably bigger than the other. Could just be the pic or the way you were tensing. If the pic is a true reflection of you then you would know there was a massive difference. If you can't see it then chances are its just a bad picture.
Old 24-03-2010, 07:54 PM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Pics on this post benni.Was first week back at training after atleast 8 weeks off,stopped counting as had the pups to look after over xmas time etc

https://passionford.com/forum/fitnes...thread-11.html
Old 24-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

In the first pic I posted, in the reflection on the left hand side of the mirror there is a smith machine would say its the rusty bit of equipment but that doesnt really narrow it down.

I didn't think you were the type of person to get offended Benni, thats why I asked but if you look in the pic you posted your left chest (nearest the tv) looks noticeably bigger than the other. Could just be the pic or the way you were tensing. If the pic is a true reflection of you then you would know there was a massive difference. If you can't see it then chances are its just a bad picture.
I'll post a picture with no top on and let you have a look. I can do 30kg dumbells on incline, 4 x 10 and both go up the same? If that's anything to go by.

BRB - Going to take my top off and look in the mirror.. Again.

Edit - Well I've had a good poke in the mirror and when tensed the left one is harder. I think it is bigger as it goes... What's caused this, and am I gonna' look like a freak?

Benni.

Last edited by Benni; 24-03-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 24-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Kieron

What have I done. I'm gonna give you a complex.

If you only think its bigger the chances are its a bad pic mate with poor shading or something. The pic to me seems like there is a very noticeable difference but if you can't see it then its probably not there. Mind you no-one else has mentioned anything so either they are politer than me or my eyes are wonky.
Old 24-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I've been poking myself in the mirror now and posing both sides for a while... Since my last reply more or less in between other things. The left one is more fuller, there is no doubt about it.

Don't worry about the complex, I'm afraid I already have it. Whenever I see my reflection in a glass I have to stop myself from tensing to see if I've grown, even though I checked on the same mirror when I past it going in.

You'd think I was Arnie', and there's nothing of me for God sake. But I am confident my left pec' is bigger. When I poke them, one is more soft.

Benni.
Old 25-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Kieron

Could just be genetics or it could be training. Ask your training partner at the gym if he can notice it. Hes been doing this a long while from memory so should be able to offer some help to rectify if its training.

Looks in the pics as the upper chest but its hard to tell. Just ensure the dumbells are going up evenly and your not twisting your body on the bench to aid one of the up. Basically ensure your form is spot on, which I'm sure it is, and when the weaker arm/chest gives way then stop. Build that one up to catch up the other and then you can grow from there.

Let me know what he says and how you get on mate.
Old 25-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I'll ask when I go today, but I don't think it's my training. Maybe my tricep is doing more work on one side, as I know one hurts a lot more than the other when doing triceps, hence why I'm doing a lot of single handed stuff.

If it is genetics, there's not much I can do? Hopefully when they're both 55"'s plus, you'll never know! LOL.

Benni.

Benni.
Old 25-03-2010, 02:50 PM
snOOpy86
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Kieron, that looks like a proper meat head gym, nothing fancy flashy or new!
Exactly the type of place id want to train, altho i would probably be the smallest person there and feel out of place.
Old 25-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by snOOpy86
Exactly the type of place id want to train, altho i would probably be the smallest person there and feel out of place.
Mine is a meathead gym so to speak, and you'd be surprised how many clowns go who are 5 stone. Some were going long before me, and have not progressed at all.

Benni.
Old 25-03-2010, 03:24 PM
P412KER
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by snOOpy86
I would'nt be concerned about the so called meatheads, there normally the most helpful and friendliest people there, its the friday night bicep boys that are the knobs.
Old 25-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by P412KER
I would'nt be concerned about the so called meatheads, there normally the most helpful and friendliest people there, its the friday night bicep boys that are the knobs.
There's the same gang who come in our gym and do flat bench, week in week out for an hour! I remember one asking me for a touch and I felt it more than he did he had that much weight on there. I've seen one either side lifting it before and struggling. The lad on the bench might has well have let go.

Benni.

Quick Reply: Forum Users.Your Pics/Goals