Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

**** 1 year in pics - page 3 ****

Search this Thread

Old 26-11-2009, 08:15 PM
P_is_for_Paul
Coldo loves seamen

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Coldo
You're such a fucking knobend of a boy

I proved to your mum last night i wasn't a gayboy, did she not tell you???
Still in denial?

Oh shit was I not meant to say? So your out, but not passionford out Ill keep it on the down low!

You been readin the thread about daves car breaking? Highly amusing stuff. I'm feart to post in case chip the racist insults me
Old 26-11-2009, 08:15 PM
P_is_for_Paul
Coldo loves seamen

Oh it's a 3 pager now Coldo!
Old 27-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not really, I'll be taking a few in the next couple of weeks and post them up.

Weight hovering around 115kg. For the last 4months or so I have been training for strength so the weight has went up. I do rekon i'm leaner than i was in the last pics though, with a fair bit more muscle which is making up the weight.

Training harder than ever so don't worry, i've not fell off the wagon
You're still heavy for your size aren't you. Thats around 253lbs, 18 stone if my calculations are right. 10lbs ish heavier than I am. I'm guessing like me you'll never be a 12 stone Next shopper then.

Would be interested in seeing progress pics.
Old 27-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Kieron
You're still heavy for your size aren't you. Thats around 253lbs, 18 stone if my calculations are right. 10lbs ish heavier than I am. I'm guessing like me you'll never be a 12 stone Next shopper then.

Would be interested in seeing progress pics.

PMSL, No, never be a 12 stoner

6ft 4" tall and was 113kg this morning, so yeah, just under 18stone at the moment! Ideally get back down to under or around 110kg in the next few weeks.

Its MUCH harder to diet now though. Not as much motivation as i know i'm at a stable weight that i'm happy enough with. Before i was doing CV everyday, now i can't be arsed with is 3/4x a week! Much prefer lifting weights.
Old 27-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Kieron

Ahh, 6ft4! I was comparing you to me if you know what I mean but I am only 6ft odd. For someone thats lost all that size and now with fairly slender build you are very heavy for it. Not that the scales tell the whole story but your obviously thick boned as they say.

I've never been one for dieting so what you've acheived amazes me! Hats off to you bud, I couldn't do it. I prefer to train my mind. You know, convince myself that I'm not fat and that I'm normal. Joking aside I could probably drop upto a stone from my weight if I was motivated like you but I am stuck in that trap of not wanting to lose size. Doing weights is my exercise too and it helps me not to become obese although I will never have Abs again.
Old 27-11-2009, 03:02 PM
P_is_for_Paul
Coldo loves seamen

Coldo Mark was tellin me youve started all in wrestling at the gym. Hows that working out for ya? Never thought id see you in one if these:

Old 17-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Right, the beginning of last week marked the year since i joined the gym!

Been quite a turnaround, pretty proud of myself but i am a wee bit gutted I am still carrying a bit more fat than I had planned, probably due to starting drinking again in the summer, I 100% believe alcohol MASSIVELY hinders fat loss! Plus the day after i'm usually rough and my diet is all over the place.

In the new year i'm gonna try and make a bigger effort to shed fat so will stop drinking for 8-10weeks in the aim to lose 5-8kg.

Weight as of this morning;
113kg/17.7stones.

Lifts to date are; (all raw with no belt/suit etc...)
Deadlift: 240kg
Squat: 200kg
Bench Press: 115kg

Fairly happy with my Deadlift and Squat but my bench is terrible. Don't know why tbh. Something to work on in the new year.

Goals for the new year:
Bodyweight down to 105kg

Deadlift: 280kg
Squat: 260kg
Bench: 140kg

Compete in a Powerlifting comp.

Anyway,

Pics (taken today):

Apologies for the crap back pick, had no one around to take one.

In conclusion.... 2009 was a good year for me in the gym, changed my life and banged more burds this year than i have all my life. Great success
Old 17-12-2009, 04:29 PM
bloomy
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

nice work mate, for definate

it would be nice to see a little more said about what it was like at the very beginning of the working out and weight loss, as after all that is the hardest part

when your overweight and start physical excerise for the first times etc. and how you managed to eat six times a day but smaller portion sizes, what were the meals exactly for instance?

for people like me who are just starting, like you did one year ago

that last line though, "in 2009 banged more birds than i have done in all my life" is enough of an motivational statement on its own

as getting female attention when your a fat **** is non existent etc.
Old 17-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Another photo whoring pic;

Originally Posted by bloomy
nice work mate, for definate

it would be nice to see a little more said about what it was like at the very beginning of the working out and weight loss, as after all that is the hardest part

when your overweight and start physical excerise for the first times etc. and how you managed to eat six times a day but smaller portion sizes, what were the meals exactly for instance?

for people like me who are just starting, like you did one year ago

that last line though, "in 2009 banged more birds than i have done in all my life" is enough of an motivational statement on its own

as getting female attention when your a fat **** is non existent etc.

Diet wise, at the beginning, my diet was this;

Meal 1 - 3 egg omelette and 40g oats in milk
Meal 2 - protein bar and 1 boiled egg
Meal 3 - 80g cous cous and 200g chicken
Meal 4 - banana and tin of tuna
Gym
Meal 5 - 200g chicken with boiled egg andas much steamed veg as I could eat

Now, where i am training more for strength/muscle building;

Meal 1 - 7 egg omellette(4 whole, 3 just whites), 50g oats in milk
Meal 2 - 75g myprotein impact whey, 2 tins tuna with tbsp light mayo
Meal 3 - 240g chicken, 80g cous cous, handful mixed nuts, tsp olive oil
Meal 4(pre work out) - 50g myprotein impact whey, 1 banana
Gym
Meal 5(post workout) - 50g myprotein impact whey, 1 banana
Meal 6 - 240g chicken, as much steamed veg as i can eat, handful mixed nuts, tsp olive oil
Meal 7 - 3 poached eggs, 1 oatcake

Meal 1 is at 7:30am, meal 7 at 10:00pm. Meals in between are every 2hours or so.

On non-training/cardio days i only have 2 shakes, one about 10am, one about 2:30pm.

I tend to be able to follow that diet without much problem mon-fri when i'm at work (sometimes dont manage but nothing major) but at the weekends it does slip a bit, just try and get a coupld of shakes in if i miss meals etc... High protein intake is important at the moment, ideally from whole food but a shake is an OK substitute when needs must.

Last edited by Coldo; 17-12-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 23-12-2009, 09:20 PM
P_is_for_Paul
Coldo loves seamen

I'd still punch yer cunt in
Old 23-12-2009, 11:36 PM
marky_g
Fleet Manager

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

my bench is shit aswell but come to think if it i cant squat or dead lift for shit

athough i can do 400kg on squat press machine???

good going tho mate wish id made that much progress in 1 year
Old 24-12-2009, 12:09 AM
kiddie

Coldo you look a different bloke! well done mate, and thats a good diet you've been sticking to. I'm going to include cous cous into mine and do away with rice for a change, top stuff mate
Old 24-12-2009, 01:23 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by kiddie
Coldo you look a different bloke! well done mate, and thats a good diet you've been sticking to. I'm going to include cous cous into mine and do away with rice for a change, top stuff mate
Yep, rice was doing my nut in so chucked cous cous in its place. I might switch back to rice soon though, or maybe even sweet potatoe.

Thanks for the comments.
Old 24-12-2009, 10:36 AM
kiddie

Yep sweet pototoes are pretty tasty too
Old 24-12-2009, 10:39 AM
xHayleyx
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

wow what an amazing turn around!
well done!

xx
Old 24-12-2009, 10:59 AM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Hat off to you m8 thats amazing keep it up.
Old 24-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Ben26
PassionFord Post Troll

mate what an acheivment by the way, u just saved thousands of people so much money in tax now u have lost all that weight lol
Old 24-12-2009, 01:18 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're a cunt and I am extremely jealous
Old 24-12-2009, 01:23 PM
forestfighter
MK2 Fez Wanted

Brilliant mate, well done fella!
Old 24-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Ben26
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by OldDan
Im guessing your a bit of a large fella then ?
Old 24-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Well if you just put in the same effort, next xmas this could be your thread.

Well done Coldo, fantastic progress
Old 24-12-2009, 03:00 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

brilliant achievement.your comment summed it up about how much more action you have seen.that itself is motivation for people who are too heavy.bit more toning up and id try stay that way.i wouldnt go to mental and go all bodybuilder type.
Old 24-12-2009, 05:10 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I try every year, get a way through and then get bored.

Instead of loosing weigh I'm going to set a target of getting more muscle - and hope that spurs me on a little more!
Old 25-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I try every year, get a way through and then get bored.

Instead of loosing weigh I'm going to set a target of getting more muscle - and hope that spurs me on a little more!
Even if you don't loose the weight and gain muscle you'll look better. At the very least you can tense up as decent looking woman go past.

You need a training partner, Dan. It's completely different with one in my opinion. Shouting you on to get another couple of reps out. Knowing you are meeting him at the gym at such a time, so you can't let him down. Before you know it you'll have the bug and be addicted. I'd be down there today if it was open.

Benni.

Last edited by Benni; 25-12-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 28-12-2009, 11:00 AM
bloomy
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Coldo, when starting out, how long was your gym session? and what did you do during it? treadmill and excercise bike?
Old 28-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Kieron

Got to say Coldo, for the size of you your a strong old ox mate. Don't get too hung up on the weights and those goals though. Its nice to have a target but don't worry if you don't hit it.
Old 29-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by bloomy
Coldo, when starting out, how long was your gym session? and what did you do during it? treadmill and excercise bike?
90-100mins cardio was how i done it at the start. Usually 60mins on treadmill, 10mins rowing and 20-40mins on exercise bike.

Originally Posted by Kieron
Got to say Coldo, for the size of you your a strong old ox mate. Don't get too hung up on the weights and those goals though. Its nice to have a target but don't worry if you don't hit it.
Aye, I put it down to my legs and back having to heave 156kg around for years I deadlifted 200kg after 3months proper weight training which alot of people thought was pretty wild.
Old 15-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Dave_YD
Regular Contributor

hi mate.

what amount of calories were you aiming to burn in the 90-100 mins cardio, in the weight loss stage?
Old 15-01-2010, 02:20 PM
muz
Wye Valley Hardcore

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Got to say, thats one hell of a transformation and an insperation to anyone wanting to change their life around. And deadlifting more than twice your body weight in such a short space of time is mad!
Old 15-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Dave_YD
hi mate.

what amount of calories were you aiming to burn in the 90-100 mins cardio, in the weight loss stage?
No specific number, just 90-100mins, keeping my heart rate at around 75% of max.

Plus, all the machines are different in terms of calculating calories burnt so i wouldnt get too hung up on what they tell you.
Old 18-01-2010, 10:27 AM
smokey
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I didn't think cardio was that important until I read this thread. On most forums they tell you to avoid cardio and lift heavy to burn fat.

Now I really need to up my cardio.

Coldo, I salute you mate. That is some transformation!
Old 18-01-2010, 10:44 AM
BigErn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your getting on well fella, as well as the obvious physical improvement Ill bet you feel better about yoursef mentally too do you?

I have just got my arse back in the gym after around 5 years out and in 2 months of good diet and training heavy (well heavy for me cos Im weak as piss again ) I have lost just under 2st. I just cant get motivated to do any cardio at all and that has always been my biggest problem, I just hate it and find it so boring. I have started doing kickboxing again twice a week and plan to get my pedal bike out again in the next few weeks so that should help get the heart pumping.
Old 18-01-2010, 04:21 PM
stevenebm
post whore

what gym do you use mate.im on a health kick just now and lost 5lb in 3weeks and now down to 12stone 5lb.i hate the usual places like fitness first that is always mobbed with people built like the side of a building.my upper body is in some serious need of work.
Old 18-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by smokey
I didn't think cardio was that important until I read this thread. On most forums they tell you to avoid cardio and lift heavy to burn fat.

Now I really need to up my cardio.

Coldo, I salute you mate. That is some transformation!
In fairness i still burnt up a little fat when lifting heavy but nothing beats high volume-low intensity cardio for fat burning in my experience!

Originally Posted by BigErn
Your getting on well fella, as well as the obvious physical improvement Ill bet you feel better about yoursef mentally too do you?
Damn right, feel much better in body and mind. I was always fairly confident and had a decent social life etc but its much better now. TBH one of the best bits is being able to go shopping, walk into a shop and know that i'll find my size in a pair of jeans or a shirt etc... before that never happened, online shit only.

Originally Posted by stevenebm
what gym do you use mate.im on a health kick just now and lost 5lb in 3weeks and now down to 12stone 5lb.i hate the usual places like fitness first that is always mobbed with people built like the side of a building.my upper body is in some serious need of work.
I go to the galleon mate. Its decent but gets very busy at peak time, 5-8pm. Ive not been in since new year though due to me breaking my arm (arm wrestling fitzy from xhouse that had the green focus with ZT in it you'll know him?) so ive not had to fight through all the new years resolutioners that are in every January!
Old 18-01-2010, 05:16 PM
stevenebm
post whore

fitsy is built like a gable end of a fiver aswellnot seen him in years.top bloke aswell.wish there was somewhere close to me as my will power to go and drive to the gym is non exsistent.paul could be doing with it also.hes gettin to be like mr potatoe head
Old 18-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by stevenebm
fitsy is built like a gable end of a fiver aswellnot seen him in years.top bloke aswell.wish there was somewhere close to me as my will power to go and drive to the gym is non exsistent.paul could be doing with it also.hes gettin to be like mr potatoe head
Aye he's decent! You in springside? Decent gym in magnum, maybe 6 an half a dozen with goin to galleon/fitness first tho, in terms of travelling.

Paul got gis licence back today so he'll be even more of a pie no havin to walk anywhere haha!
Old 18-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well done coldos thats a good result,im going from being fit to getting fat,i did a solid year of gym thai boxing ct training ect 5 days a week,now i just cant be arsed and the fat is piling on lol
Old 18-01-2010, 06:09 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Aye he's decent! You in springside? Decent gym in magnum, maybe 6 an half a dozen with goin to galleon/fitness first tho, in terms of travelling.

Paul got gis licence back today so he'll be even more of a pie no havin to walk anywhere haha!

aye mate im in springside.boxing club is handy 2 mins away to go to but they dont do any weight training and thats what id like to do.had joined gailes in irvine but the instructor guy and me didnt get on when we were at school and he worked me like a dog till a was sick and a never went back

p.s AL you need to get off the ps3.10 hours a day on that is your problem
Old 20-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hows the broken arm coming along Coldo?
Old 20-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Red16
Hows the broken arm coming along Coldo?
Its OK so far.

Sleeping is hard work, can never get comfy, then when i do it ends up sore etc.

Got a new cast on which is much better, lighter etc so can get a tshirt on properly and stuff.

Doc rekons another 10weeks in cast which is bad.

Pic of my arm on the 14th...12days after it happened was that colour all the way down. Swollen to fuck aswell.

Last edited by Coldo; 20-01-2010 at 03:40 PM.

Quick Reply: **** 1 year in pics - page 3 ****