Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Bloated

Search this Thread

Old 17-02-2006, 03:25 PM
*Anna*
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bloated

I have been sticking to a healthy food regime and walk a bit further and faster each day, but for some reason over the past couple of days I have been very bloated after I have eaten and feel like something is kicking in my tummy every 2 seconds. (No I haven't got a bun in the oven)

As I have said befor I drink up to 3 litres of water a day which I have cut down on to see if that has anything to do with it but, doesn't seem to have.

The good thing is that I have in the past 2-3 weeks have lost a fair bit of weight and feeling good for it and smile in the mornings now. Any suggestions on what I can do with the bloated feeling/ anything I can change of take?

Thanks. x
Old 19-02-2006, 07:36 AM
FAST AS FORD
PassionFord Regular

Never reduce your water intake, that wont cause bloating, probably make it worse!
Whats your diet like? Sometimes high protein foods can make you feel bloated for upto an hour after you've eaten.
High carb foods tend to make you look bloated, rather than feel it as for every 1g carb stored (glycogen) your body holds 3g water.
Old 22-02-2006, 02:26 PM
*Anna*
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Breakfast: A small bowl of Bran Flakes with Saltanas
Lunch: Tuesday & Thursday's Jacket Potatoe, Cheese, Colslaw & Sweetcorn. (Cause I work them 2 nights and don't get time to have dinner)
Lunch: Monday, Wednesday & Friday- Ryvitas with Squeezy Cream Cheese & chive
Dinner: Cod in Parsley Sauce, Veg Baby Potatos OR Chicken & rice OR Chicken & Pasta.

Saturday's:
Breakfast: Bananna, Pineapple Juice
Lunch: Fresh ham sandwich with Humos (no butter) & Olives (I work with my Italian Mum who feeds me on Saturday's)
Dinner: !!!

Sunday:
Breakfast: Still asleep
Lunch/ Dinner- Roast all fresh made. Yum Yum!!!!

I have cut out Tea and only have 1 cup of Coffee a day and a treat of Hotchocolate when I have ran out of Cerials. I have lost weigh which is my main aim and feeling good for it.

I was talking to a friend the other day who told me to eat 2 peices of fruit a day and not nannas?
Old 23-02-2006, 06:34 AM
FAST AS FORD
PassionFord Regular

Some good food choices their, but you diet lacks good fats. Fat are important in weight loss, but in small portions obviously.
Good Fats:
Oily Fish (mackerel, sardines, salmon)
Avacado's
Olives
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Nuts (almonds, cashews, nut butters)

You say you don't have any tea on tue and thu, this is a bad idea as you should never skip meals especially on a diet as you will lower your metabolism. Yes, you will loose weight quicker this way, but by lowering your metabolism you will have to stick to this low calorie diet forever or you will simply put the weight straight back on again.
You don't have to have 2 pieces of fruit a day, vegetables are a better choice for weight loss as fruit is a simple sugar which raises insulin which halts fat usage for fuel, albeit temporarily and is obviously a better choice to sweets or chocolate.
If your having fruit, have it early on in the day (non-pm) as you will be more active and will use up the energy provided
How much you planning to loose?
Old 23-02-2006, 07:15 AM
FastFordChris
Advanced PassionFord User

the "kicking" feeling your getting, where are you getting it? is it low down where the gut is or exactly where the stomach is? is it more of a bubbly sensation or is it sharper then that?

it sounds more like something your eating thats doing this, something you've only just started recently eating more of perhaps? usually dairy products can cause this but its really down to how ur digestion system is with different types of food.
Old 23-02-2006, 03:40 PM
*Anna*
PassionFord Post Whore!!

FAST AS FORD

Thanks this is a great help. I shall plan a new diet adding foods and changing some about.

I'm not looking to loose loads. I look at it more Inches around the waist and top of legs than Stones. I'm not that big, just a bit unconfortable.

FastFordChris

It's a bubbly sensation, like a kettle boiling!!! It's been ok for the past few days so it may have been something I have eaten. It's not hurting, just annoying.

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it.
Old 25-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Nicole
PassionFord Post Troll

Good on you Anna for sticking to it I am on a diet at the moment and have lost a few pounds and it really is hard for the first two weeks until your body gets used to it, i have been close to giving up a few times lol

I do seem to get a little bloated, and trapped wind but i eat alot of fibre in my diet and someone told me that's what will be causing it.

Stick with it hun, it's tough but well worth it in the long run...ooohhhh i can't wait to be thin again although i have quite alot further than you to go, i don't remember you looking remotley overweight hun
Old 27-02-2006, 12:20 PM
*Anna*
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Cause i'm covered up babe. I just want my tummy to slim a bit then I can see a differance when The sit ups finally work.

Good on you for loosing a bit of weight too babe, that's wicked news. Makes you a bit more happier when you can see the achievemants.