Fiesta RS1800/RS Turbo This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta RS Range of cars.

help needed please?

Search this Thread

Old 17-12-2013, 10:53 PM
mattxr2
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help needed please?

Hello everyone I have recently fitted an mfi rs turbo engine into my mk2 fiesta and converted it to efi using a 36-1 trigger wheel.. I have a 195 chip beige 701 injectors, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 044 fuel pump, cosworth 3bar map sensor.. My problem is that the car is running realy rough like its missfiring and I put the car on a mot emissions tester and it was reading a co level of 12.50 iv been told this is very high? When driving the car it seems to boost but holds back there isn't realy any power there.. I changed the fuel pump, coil pack, plugs and leads to see if it would cure the sort of missfire.. It also seems to pop and bang a lot threw the exhaust when driving the car and it keeps cutting out on me, when I rev the car it just goes quiet like the engine isn't running then when I release the accelorator it goes back to idle? Has anyone else had this problem and could give me some advise? And could someone explain where the vacuum pipes go so I know they are right. Thanks for reading, matt.
Old 25-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Versus_Creations
Ask me a question!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Cant use a 3bar map sensor. Try the Standard 2Bar and it might sort your issues. You WILL of course need a setup and tune to make it all run right.